Three horse race

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We won't go close Darren.

We are like the Hawks. Far better than most, but not good enough to match the Pies or Cats, or in our case Melbourne and the Dragons. It's a great basis for future years.

Totally agree Volley, it's a year too early maybe 2 as you say for this team especially the halves combination. This team remind's me of the 2006 team, maybe even a bit ahead in their development than that year as we are comfortably in top 3 spots this year and 2006 was always more so around 4th or 5th place. Next year with same half combination and alot more experience we will be positioned perfectly for not only a run at a grand final appearance but a title maybe too

Don't over think it people!!! Tigers were always going to be a danger game. We have young halves who will learn much from last night, hell even Killer will have learned something. Matty Ballin was just on the Fox sports preview show and even he said the team panicked a little last night. We will bounce back against the Roosters.

I think a lot of people got caught up with the hype surrounding our club and started to expect us to play in the GF this year, lets be honest it would be a miracle if we actually pull that off with such young players in important positions. I have been nervous every game and ive never expected to just smash a side, especially one as dangerous as the Tigers. There are a few people on here that label certain clubs pretenders and blow up when the "pretenders" beat us. I think this game was more of a reality check to some of our supporters then the players.

Jatz Crackers said:
The team is now being written off this year & next year even before this one is finished. Spanners.

My bad. We are going to win the comp five years straight starting from now. We are the awesomest bestest side eva lol jks lol smiley face

Volley said:
Jatz Crackers said:
The team is now being written off this year & next year even before this one is finished. Spanners.

My bad. We are going to win the comp five years straight starting from now. We are the awesomest bestest side eva lol jks lol smiley face

Your missing the chip on shoulder emoticon.

Volley said:
Jatz Crackers said:

I'm sitting on the middle ground here. Winning this year, while has been a possibility, would really surprise me. At the same time, I don't see why we couldn't take the GF in the end. In no way am I writing off next year; in face, if we don't win this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the bottom half of the 8 next year.

Who cares though. We're playing good footy. Its fun to watch, and we haven't lost many games this year.

Go Manly!

Dont worry we just got to hope Illawarra & Storm lose too, then we back to square one ... :p

jjai said:
Dont worry we just got to hope Illawarra & Storm lose too, then we back to square one ... :p

Imagine that wouldn`t that be a freak of a thing the same week we lose so do the storm & Illawarra although i cant see them having 2 on the trot but Storm game could be an upset they are due for 1..

codewana said:
Volley said:
Jatz Crackers said:

I'm sitting on the middle ground here. Winning this year, while has been a possibility, would really surprise me. At the same time, I don't see why we couldn't take the GF in the end. In no way am I writing off next year; in face, if we don't win this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the bottom half of the 8 next year.

Who cares though. We're playing good footy. Its fun to watch, and we haven't lost many games this year.

Go Manly!

I agree with that assessment, but let's face some simple facts, 4 of our 5 losses were to:

1. Scum
2. Nth Qld
3. St Merge
4. Tigpies

And we beat Brisbane with no Lockyer etc. So of the 5 other contenders this year we have only beaten one of them when they had their best player out. Hmmmm........any talk of winning the comp this year is in my unhappy opinion highly optimistic, but you just never really know do you?

...and the way the Cowboys are putting in without Thurston... and Brisbane are stepping up to the plate... may I suggest it is a five horse race... and then you have the Tigers who may or may not have the disciplined intensity that it takes.

not looking that bad now after Illawarra`s game today atleast we werent 20-0 up in the match .. ;)

jjai said:
not looking that bad now after Illawarra`s game today atleast we werent 20-0 up in the match .. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Our narrow win over the Bunnies does not look so bad either lol.

captainskin said:
And I'm sure after tomorrow night's game, everything will look just dandy from where we are all sitting ;^)

We can only hope. If there was any time I hope Parra win a game, its this week. After tomorrow night they can lose the rest of their games, won't complain there.

The Tigpies can win one more game this year as well: next week against the Dragons. After that they can lose too. :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2