Thurston in talks with Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Details of the Bulldogs offer have been leaked - apparently it is a heavily back ended 4 year deal that works out at well over $1m per year:

2014 $50,000
2015 $50,000
2016 $50,000 (Note: D Hasler contract expires)
2017 $4,500,000

The only way Hasler will coach Thurston is, if he sh1ts on the Dogs and moves to Townsville

A few weeks ago I might have worried about an article like this. However since the grand final we signed alot of 2nd tier players. that with the right coaching,could become very competent first grade players.We are now entering the Toovey period of the club history and I am really looking forward to next year.In fact I CAN'T WAIT.

He's 29 now, and 31 in 2014. Getting a bit long in the tooth for a football player. My guess is he'll stay put and they'll extend his contract. There's a couple of front rowers from Townsville who I would be more interested in.

mozgrame said:
bob dylan said:
Bradza said:
COMMANDER said:
The Dogs are only taking one player on board this year: T REx. They let about 7 or 8 players go.

Could you list out the 7 or 8 players they have let go?

2013 Losses: Jake Foster (Canberra Raiders), Bryson Goodwin (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Luke MacDougall (retired), Tupou Sopoaga (Cronulla Sharks), David Stagg (Brisbane Broncos), Jonathan Wright (Cronulla Sharks)

Sam Kasiano (McDonalds)

F***ing GOLD

MadMarcus said:
Details of the Bulldogs offer have been leaked - apparently it is a heavily back ended 4 year deal that works out at well over $1m per year:

2014 $50,000
2015 $50,000
2016 $50,000
2017 $4,500,000

This is the sort of financial creativity we need here at Manly.

P Plate....are you watching & learning ?

MadMarcus said:

2014 $50,000
2015 $50,000
2016 $50,000 (Note: D Hasler contract expires)
2017 Retires suddenly
fixed
Ring a bell

Quote today in News Ltd..

THE Cowboys insist Johnathan Thurston will finish his career in Townsville and are ready to table a club-record $3 million, three-year deal to stave off Canterbury's poaching attempt for the Test five-eighth.
Fears that Thurston could quit the Cowboys intensified when the Maroons playmaker was photographed on Wednesday attending a late-night meeting with Bulldogs coach Des Hasler and chief executive Todd Greenberg at Canterbury headquarters.

But the Bulldogs will have to break the bank to snare Thurston, with the Cowboys privately confident they have the fiscal capacity to win a bidding war for the Queensland Origin star.

Aiding their retention hopes, it is understood Thurston is furious at being snapped leaving Belmore.

Wonder who leaked he was at Belore JT or his manager, cause it has worked a treat.

"Aiding their retention hopes, it is understood Thurston is furious at being snapped leaving Belmore.................................."

Not as furious as some of his then teammates were when he left Belmore on the next stage outta town.

On the news tonight the bulldogs said the photos of Thurston have potentially compromised the deal, and des is not happy about it.

It makes more sense to me to invest in a young playmaker like josh renoylds who has shown some great form instead of a guy who will be on the back end of his career (and to note, isnt successful at club level).

Let them make stupid decisions, their lose, our enjoyment.

I must say i am very happy with the direction our beloved manly is heading. Perry, Tooves and the rest of the crew are doing great things for our future.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6