Tigers have just been installed as 2013 pre season favourites

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jado

Reserve Grader
Well they might as well make them favorites for 2013, it would make as much sense as making them 2012 pre-season favorites.

This has bugged me all year, and I have not heard anyone explain this betting market logic.

So I'll do a Tooves and ask "Can someone please explain to me why Tigs were 2012 pre-season favorites???" really what was the logic of the people placing hard-earned money on them taking out 2012 competition.....

They were 1 of the better sides last year and had been deep into the finals the year before, at full strength have a top line up and when they are hot, they are hot so not really a surprise that they were rated among the top bunch of sides

Injuries destroyed them (Farah, Ellis, Lawrence etc) and showed up their lack of depth in key areas

In this mornings papers they said that the Tigers had made the finals only three times in the last fifteen years. Weird.

I read Rothfield patting himself on tipping the Sharks to make the top eight (in 8th spot) at the start of the season. Woopee. He also tipped Tigers, Knights and Eels to make the eight!

Sheens made two big mistakes this year. Gave up two great forwards Gibbs and Fifita for Blair. Plus played Moltzen out of position. Easy in hindsight but really paid the cost.

The Tigers wilt under pressure. Matty Johns was right, they're soft.

seaeagledave said:
Sheens made two big mistakes this year. Gave up two great forwards Gibbs and Fifita for Blair. Plus played Moltzen out of position. Easy in hindsight but really paid the cost.

Very true and their fullback busted his knee in the first game and we know how important the fullback is.

Farah has been very good but they will miss Ellis in 2013 and Benji is hot and cold. Overall their pack isn't intimidating enough and with Pettybourne joining them I can't see it improving. Anasta will be 31 and not getting quicker but Thompson is a big Kiwi centre with promise. No way would I be backing them under 20's.

Tigers can't win a game with defense. They only win with attack, and often that isn't enough.

I might add the genius that does the recruiting at the Tigers mustn't think the 7 jersey is important As they don't have a half back.

Sure Benji wears 7 but it's a different player in 6 every week. I have seen this year Sironen, Lawrence, Ayahford, Motzen and Fulton in 6.

When Lui left they needed to buy a replacement.

bob dylan said:
Tigers can't win a game with defense. They only win with attack, and often that isn't enough.

I might add the genius that does the recruiting at the Tigers mustn't think the 7 jersey is important As they don't have a half back.

Sure Benji wears 7 but it's a different player in 6 every week. I have seen this year Sironen, Lawrence, Ayahford, Motzen and Fulton in 6.

When Lui left they needed to buy a replacement.

Pretty sure their plan was Moltzen but Tedesco had a season ended in round 1

Kiwi Eagle said:
They were 1 of the better sides last year and had been deep into the finals the year before, at full strength have a top line up and when they are hot, they are hot so not really a surprise that they were rated among the top bunch of sides

Injuries destroyed them (Farah, Ellis, Lawrence etc) and showed up their lack of depth in key areas
We were full strength only twice if i remember kiwi, injuries didn't destroy us.There halves run to much sideways & forwards are to soft even when we were depleted we were paying more to win the premiership than the tigers were.

The Who said:
I read Rothfield patting himself on tipping the Sharks to make the top eight (in 8th spot) at the start of the season. Woopee. He also tipped Tigers, Knights and Eels to make the eight!

Big f#*king deal, he tips them every year to make the eight, he forevever lives in hope,had to come good sometime.
About a month ago he tipped them to win next year's premiership after they announced the signing of Luke Lewis.
I live in the Shire and always have a good laugh at all the spin doctoring that comes out of this pathetic club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7