Post-Game Discussion Tigers v Manly [Round 8, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Tigers
Vs
Sea Eagles
16 Campbelltown Sports Stadium
23 Apr 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

All i can say is i spent $150 today for my young bloke and I to sit in the rain, so thank fark we at least got two points.

It certainly didnt look like we were going to fir a long while there

Agree mate! Got absolutely soaked, but glad to get away with the two points.

Good to see so many Manly fans too. I’d say a good 35-40% of the crowd were Manly supporters!

Hope your boy enjoyed the game!

But we are imposters in being there
Maybe so @Mark from Brisbane Our consistency has been far from ideal. Thats pretty obvious. But we are still putting ourselves in a good position on the ladder leading into the SOO period.

There has been very little consistency shown by most other teams this season as well. If Seibold and co can find the keys to developing this (consistency) within our squad, we can go deep into the finals. If not we can still finish bottom four. Tonight, I will take the win and second place on the ladder. Go Manly.

It's that sort of season. On the upside, we've beaten the Eels & Storm. Our defence hasn't been great, but it is no worse than most other teams - except for the Panthers who are a standout. My concern so far has been our clunky attack. At least we had the ability to score a try when it was needed at the backend of today's game.
Yep clunky attack has been my concern too. Clinical attack and scoreboard pressure on the opposition tends to help defence too. Who knows if it was clunky again today we didn't get a chance to do any.... The ease with which we created a gaping hole and put guac through for our second a couple more sets on their line would have been nice

That Lazy dumb mindset of this team on display again. Sure take the 2 points and move on. BUT

For all this talk. This team just never learns. Is the difference between our best and worst games decreasing? I don't see it.

Do we still have a 34 year old half back that can't manage a game, especially when his team just needs organisation and we'll set up kick on the last. Repeat sets and creating pressure.

It's a 34 year old halfback that has not once played wet weather footy in the wet. No coach has had the balls to drop him. And so he seriously he's never seriously learned.

Take the 2 and move on. But remember, if you do nothing else. That rubbish dished up today, will just continue.

My friend told me today, no good comes of playing the tigers.
If you win you get two points as expected but if you lose...if you lose its bad ju ju

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Tigers: 16
Manly: 22

342608041_1345559399344751_6767731777004621139_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

342053880_561056172838146_8322680901904937157_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

The Tackle: Manly must come clean on injured Turbo

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Aaron Woods (Sea Eagles) Grade 1 Dangerous Contact 1st Offence Guilty - early plea $750 fine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy to come away with the 2. We did not start that game in the right mindset. Our forwards were not desperate and committed to win the forward battle from the beginning. There was no intention to ignore who we were playing and just get into the grind and do all the basic stuff to lay a platform. We really seemed quite complacent and content to win it with short cuts and trick shots. This was my observation even after being up 12-0. Lucky we were playing the Tigers because there aren’t too many teams where we would get away with that today.

That Lazy dumb mindset of this team on display again. Sure take the 2 points and move on. BUT

For all this talk. This team just never learns. Is the difference between our best and worst games decreasing? I don't see it.

Do we still have a 34 year old half back that can't manage a game, especially when his team just needs organisation and we'll set up kick on the last. Repeat sets and creating pressure.

It's a 34 year old halfback that has not once played wet weather footy in the wet. No coach has had the balls to drop him. And so he seriously he's never seriously learned.

Take the 2 and move on. But remember, if you do nothing else. That rubbish dished up today, will just continue.
Have to disagree somewhat. We are not playing our best footy and will definitely have to improve BUT in recent years we lose to Melbourne and a game like today.

We are slowly getting better at defending for longer periods of time when we are under pressure and finding a way to get through and play tough for the full 80mins. We had zero ball in that second half or field position and were playing a desperate tigers outfit in slippery conditions and even though we played poor in parts, we managed to regain the lead when they had all the momentum and get the two points

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6