Time to blood Wells and Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have not seen much of Wells but what I have seen looks promising. Need to pay more attention at the next PL game.

As for the bench I agree with Ryan, we need someone with some X factor. A wide running Cuthbo could provide that. I see no point in having Willow on the bench only to get 15 minutes at the death.

Hang on...I'm plugging the printer in and getting a blank disc to burn this thread on it !!! :p :p :p

Take this wankfest somewhere else.

Cuthbo is a struggler, and this is proven by two of the biggest struggler's saying he has the X factor and should be used as a wide running second rower. Next you'll be saying he should be on the wing.

Take this wankfest somewhere else.

Cuthbo is a struggler, and this is proven by two of the biggest struggler's saying he has the X factor and should be used as a wide running second rower. Next you'll be saying he should be on the wing.

If Ryan was coach he would be playing wing.

While working today i came up with a theory i believe Des has introduced.

The reason we have 5 props is... We have Brent Kite who is a "good" Front rower has the talent and can hold his own... our other prop isn't as skillful and does not have the talent that Brent Kite has but is still the "Best of the Rest".... so i think his theory is that we need an extra prop on the bench to make up for the lack of metres JK would make if you get my drift.

In simpler terms..

BK makes 200m
Brent Kite + Mark Bryant make 200m
Jason King + Kylie Luelai + George Rose makes 200m
Steve Menzies + Anthony Watmough makes 200m

I think maybe dessie accounts for the not so good prop by adding another to make up the metres...

Therefore both our props plus their let's call them "helpers" make 200m every game.

Anyone else think so?

I have always been curious to see how Kite would go back in the second row- when he was playing there for St George he really impressed me.
As soon as he got to Manly he was forced into the front row due to our depth in the back row (or atleast I'm guessing that's why he was moved to prop...he was quite a handy second rower and a damging runner when running wide)

I agree kite for 2nd row...., but not with this years roster. Nutz, i hear you, but makes you wonder why their doesn't seem to be a search for frontrowers yet? And appararently Lulu and Bryant may be going...unless they have since signed and i haven't heard.

As for the original point, manly can't afford to blood Ballin and Wells- they are not a certainty in the top 8 yet. It would take injuries to G Stewart and Willow & co before they get a run. G Stewart brains them in PL also, but apart from workrate, his effectiveness in attack is minimal and efforts against the tops teams below par.

I'd give ballin a try instead of Dunners, but there is currently a big difference between PL and 1st grade, and I've seen ballin having his quiet periods in PL. There is no time for quiet periods in 1st grade.

I have always been curious to see how Kite would go back in the second row- when he was playing there for St George he really impressed me.
As soon as he got to Manly he was forced into the front row due to our depth in the back row (or atleast I'm guessing that's why he was moved to prop...he was quite a handy second rower and a damging runner when running wide)

Kite was a 2nd rower at the Dragons until his final season with them (04), due to injuries he was forced into the frontrow and was all of sudden a rep player.

His best position is front row imo, he was never mentioned as a rep player of the future whilst playing backrow.

Nutz - if you look at the 5th prop over the last few weeks the metres added have been minimal at best. 12 against souths and 20 against the roosters so i hardly feel that could be the case. Even willo averages 30m a game.

My point was perhaps Des can see that JK isn't tht good but their is no one else so he employs the 5 prop theory to make up those extra metres... if one prop plays poorly it is no fault of des's... i'm not trying to make excuses for dessie or JK i'm just saying that maybe a long time ago dessie conceeded that JK is playing about as good as he can (sad i know but still) and so he is utilising another prop to make up for it

what utilisation? as i said the 5th isnt doing anything.

If Des was worried about JK he would have left him on the bench for a second week returning from injury - first week he made 100m

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2