Time To Call Out Barrett And Certain Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So what is your solution? Your axe has been ground to a nub - now what! Decisions right or wrong were made, and I believe your are insinuating they are wrong - therefore do you posit that they sack this coach?
Yes, this is one of those rare occasions where we must swallow our pride and just say we stuffed up appointing a rookie. We need to get out of this now before we do too much damage to the culture and the Sea Eagles legacy. We need to call Ivan Cleary and and get him here now.

Cleary took a seriously underachieving Warrors to a GF and an injury riddle Panthers to within one game of a GF. He is an ex Manly player and he is the steady hand we need right now to get this excellent roster on track.

Mark my words, if we persevere with Barrett, we are in for a worse season than 2014.

the Tigers had overlaps and speed to burn every time. That is definitely not the wingers' fault.
Overlaps are due to players not numbering up, are they not? Which usually means players in the middle not trailing across, ie the overlap is not caused by the centre and winger that are faced with the impossible task.

• 🏆
Reactions: Rex
Yes, this is one of those rare occasions where we must swallow our pride and just say we stuffed up appointing a rookie. We need to get out of this now before we do too much damage to the culture and the Sea Eagles legacy. We need to call Ivan Cleary and and get him here now.

Cleary took a seriously underachieving Warrors to a GF and an injury riddle Panthers to within one game of a GF. He is an ex Manly player and he is the steady hand we need right now to get this excellent roster on track.

Mark my words, if we persevere with Barrett, we are in for a worse season than 2014.

Seriously where 2 weeks into the competition. Gee i am as disappointed as any supporter but making calls on Barretts coaching ability seems
pragmatically premature. Let Cool heads prevail. Some players mind you neee a real rev up. re Nate Myles ( why dont you play like this in State of Origin.
2014 was i good season i thought :)
Barrett deserves more time imo.
PS. Love the passion

Time to call out Barrett - for praise!

Master stroke moving Jake to lock and Marty to second row. Kudos on bringing back BJ and Starling and giving BJ and Parcell major game time.
Agreed. But I think most fans would have had that line-up for game 1.
I'm disappointed in the lack of performance of our backline. I thought Barrett would be able to bring some new attacking options, but we are worse than last year.

I'm disappointed in the lack of performance of our backline. I thought Barrett would be able to bring some new attacking options, but we are worse than last year.
Wouldn't that have to come once they are more comfortable on the field? A lot of new bodies requires a lot of getting used to out on the paddock. They should be playing super simple - which would be my biggest complaint. Keep the movements clean and simple. Once that is working well, introduce trickier plays.

Real games are not like training. Training works for a few things but the pressure and speed of real games is its own thing and you only get better at that with more games.

I'd preach patience until after our 3 games in 10 days stretch. We might be 0'fer heading in but that should iron out on field issues.

Overlaps are due to players not numbering up, are they not? Which usually means players in the middle not trailing across, ie the overlap is not caused by the centre and winger that are faced with the impossible task.
Disagree there. Watch the replay of most of their tries. There was no overlap, tedesco just used his pace to get on the outside of his man . He burnt lyon and matai for speed

Disagree there. Watch the replay of most of their tries. There was no overlap, tedesco just used his pace to get on the outside of his man . He burnt lyon and matai for speed

A number of times mate.

BUT:

I think it's the inside defender AND the wingers fault, not one or the other, so I kind of think everyone's right in this debate. To some degree, I also blame the edge backrowers.

Having Buhrer / Gift was like having glue out wide both in defence and attack. Man, I'm looking forward to Buhrer's return. So, so under rated. Today's Steven Bell. ok, may be small and pushed around a bit in attack in raw hitups, but boy, just a gun everywhere else.

No wonder he played origin...and for a forward of his size, that's very rare.

I am as disappointed as anyone with our start, but there is so much improvement in our team I haven't adjusted my season expectations.
Souths were considered unbeatable at the start of last year, how did that work out?
I'd rather start slow and build than start fast and fall away at the business end.
Snap up some of that $17 if you dare!

I am as disappointed as anyone with our start, but there is so much improvement in our team I haven't adjusted my season expectations.
Souths were considered unbeatable at the start of last year, how did that work out?
I'd rather start slow and build than start fast and fall away at the business end.
Snap up some of that $17 if you dare!

I hope your right mate. All I think it takes is the return of Brett, and selection / reselection of Stewart, Buhrer, Mateo, Symonds, Lawrence and the dropping of his Dragons / Panthers mates.

Hate to say it, but if Barrett is picking on players who make an impact - Myles sgould be playing reserve grade. So, too Green, Wiliame and Brown is getting close.

Master stroke moving Jake to lock and Marty to second row. Kudos on bringing back BJ and Starling and giving BJ and Parcell major game time.
Yes well done Barrett for doing this. Hit him with a stick though for continuing to pick Green & Will-I-Am!!

Yes well done Barrett for doing this. Hit him with a stick though for continuing to pick Green & Will-I-Am!!

Well perhaps no one in NSW Cup has put their hands up to replace them..?

Hopefully Buhrer is fit and Snake is not far off.

I thought last night was a big improvement on round 1. So we are making progress. With so many changes, always thought it would take at least 6 weeks before we saw anything near this teams best. I'm willing to wait until then before judging the coach and team.

I thought last night was a big improvement on round 1. So we are making progress. With so many changes, always thought it would take at least 6 weeks before we saw anything near this teams best. I'm willing to wait until then before judging the coach and team.
That kind of thinking is not welcome around here! We demand changes every other minute and will call for Barrett's sacking if he doesn't do exactly as anonymous internet posters want!

The Cowboys lost their first three last year and many premature judges wrote them off. In their first 3 games the Cowboys were sht

I've never bagged Jamie & I wont start now he's a club legend - but I will say this. Both are centres are the wrong side of 30 - having the middle of the field compressed and our centres often only slightly outside the goal posts, is not going to work for us against most teams. They cant slide fast enough any more. Couldn't last year, cant this year so far either. Blind Freddy is saying things need to change here.

I thought overall our pack was good to very good last night, scary to think its really our backs that's were way off the pace last night. I'm Williame's biggest critic, but thought he was Ok last night.

Maybe I'm easily pleased but to me 90% of our game was quite good last night, its just that our defence in the backs was worse than shambolic, and DCE didnt have a good game. And those 2 things dragged us down big time.

There were SOME positives last night.

If we're going to throw stones, don't forget the bloke who was getting a lot the credit just a few weeks ago from a lot of fans, media and the club. Some responsibility needs to be thrown on to Bozo. He got a bunch of kudos just before the season for rebuilding an apparent juggernaut but has escaped much of the blame for now.

He is an immortal, but he is not infallible, to those that were saying "in Bozo we trust", he has been out of full time coaching for almost 20 years, the last coach he hand picked for Manly was Peter Sharp, since then he's most well known as being one of the few in the NSW set up to survive an unprecedented low period for the Blues. His reputation heavily outweighs his performance over the past 15 years.

I look forward to the club's reaction if things don't improve. The precedent and expectations have been set.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7