Time to end the walker experiment!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't be opposed to either Walker or matai playing at lock just for ****s or giggles. Matai was one of our best tonight. When he is on he does plenty of hard stuff up the middle. His hands are good enough for a half so perfect for lock. I'd only move him there late in the season. Not sure his body would hold up to it long term. But start training there and a surprise switch just before finals could work. Credit where credits due. Barrett has rotated a little bit, and throw in a forced decision or two and our depth is on the improve.

Had we not signed Walker Application programming interface(API) was going to be the 5/8.
Walker coming made a few things difficult. I'm happy to carry on with Walker for a while to see how it all gels, but his instincts are not a halves instincts.

Realistically this team needs either Jamie or shoulders to stay another year to instill a new winning culture one will likely move on and that to me means Walker will move out to the centres.
I can't see Walker as a long term half option which to me says that if Api is then may as well start that training now.

We can't carry another hooker or half or utility on the bench we need to keep the bench packed with forwards so basically either Walker or Api have to drop when DCE Comes back

The problem with Api is that his ball running and playing game is comical and a half or 5/8 needs to play at or close to the line. Showing the ball 6m behind the line is a great way to let the defense line someone up and smash them

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Api has had the fortune of a dominant forward pack for the last two games. In the previous games we were getting rolled for big metres every set and making **** metres when running it out.
DCE will punish teams if our forwards continue to play big.

You deserve to be flamed as hard as a flaming alf Stewart possessed by the fiery flames of hades can flame you with a flame thrower.

Matai was man of the match you flaming drongo!

Flaming heck.

Api plays a couple of good games and he's the new Travis Burns (pun flaming intended).
Im aware of that but im looking at the big picture. Its will probably never happen anyway. Matai has been below his best especially in defence up until last night. I just feel like Centre is Walkers best position.

• 🤝
Reactions: RWC
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Api has had the fortune of a dominant forward pack for the last two games. In the previous games we were getting rolled for big metres every set and making **** metres when running it out.
DCE will punish teams if our forwards continue to play big.
Exactly, i dont think any half could have done much for us in the bulldogs game as we got smashed in the forwards.

Yes but on current form DCE is a reserve grader compared to api this year. But if DCE finds his form look out hope he does

Time to end the Api experiment?

He came crashing to earth tonight.

Walker was good, but we desperately need DCE back to provide direction that Api is incapable of.

Walker on the other hand played very well and I take back all the bad things about him, his kicking game was great and running was good we just couldnt get enough ball to him.

I hope tonight end's any thought people had of api being a better option than dce. Many times we were directionless and some last tackle options sucked.
Not saying we would've won with dce playing, this parra team is real good and they just had more on the tank at the back end. But if dce were playing we might've scored another try or two early on.

I hope tonight end's any thought people had of api being a better option than dce. Many times we were directionless and some last tackle options sucked.
Not saying we would've won with dce playing, this parra team is real good and they just had more on the tank at the back end. But if dce were playing we might've scored another try or two early on.

Imo if DCE played against Souths and Parra we would have won both. We have had more than enough ball.

Lewis was good at hooker. TB taking him off after 50 mind was a BIG mistake as we lost our good service from then. Leary is no hooker. Lewis should have pkayed 80.

This.

When Leary came on for Brown our attack went from fair to poor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6