Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 20 April 2024

Venue:
.... Cbus Super Stadium, Robina Gold Coast, QLD

Gates Open:.... 3:00pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Gold Coast Titans v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: 5:30pm

TICKETING

VS

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolutau Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Tommy Talau
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (C)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matthew Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Corey Waddell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Aaron Woods - Development Player
19. Dean Matterson - Development Player

Replacement:

22. Aitasi James - Development Player.

Reserves:

18. Jake Arthur.

Out:

17. Nathan Brown
20. Jaxson Paulo
21. Gordon Chan Kum Tong.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
  • Brad Parker
  • Ben Condon
  • Jamie Humphreys
  • Bailey Hodgson - Development Player.

From the Manly Sea Eagles website, here is the ' Rd 7 Sea Eagles Injury Report' released on Tuesday 16 Apr 2024:

Ben Trbojevic suffered a grade one hamstring injury against the Warriors in round six. He is expected to be out for three weeks.

Toff Sipley sustained an MCL injury against the Warriors and is expected to be out for a few weeks.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Friday, 19 Apr 2024) * * *

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Lachlan Croker (Shoulder, Round 7)
  • Jason Saab (Hamstring, Round 7)
  • Matthew Lodge (Knee, Round 7)
  • Reuben Garrick (Concussion, Round 7)
  • Nathan Brown (Knee, Round 7)
  • Josh Aloiai (Suspended, Round 8)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 10)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Knee, TBC)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are no variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:
  • Josh Aloiai (Suspended, Round 8)
  • Nathan Brown (Knee, Round 8)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 10)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (Knee, TBC)

Some troops back next week.

Ben will be out and Alioia is on report for Johnson touching him with his foot…

The good news is that they will be smarting about only getting a draw.* Remember what happened last year after the draw with the Shirley Knights? They smashed the Squall at Brookvale.

It’s funny how eerily similar our early season form is compared to last year’s results.

*In stating that, Manly were vastly superior vs the UnZud Bouncers than they were against the Gladys Knights.

Shame about Burbo. Genuinely think he’s our second best centre after Koula from what I’ve seen. Garrick a winger all day.

Heard in the other thread Lodge back, Saab, Garrick and brown. Gee that helps! If so Burbo (injury) Bulle, Woods and prob by a nose Talau out. Does anybody know how Lodge has been tracking in his rehab? How’s he looking? Is he fit etc? Can he come straight into firsts? @The Wheel don’t have any inside oil?

Shame about Burbo. Genuinely think he’s our second best centre after Koula from what I’ve seen. Garrick a winger all day.

Heard in the other thread Lodge back, Saab, Garrick and brown. Gee that helps! If so Burbo (injury) Bulle, Woods and prob by a nose Talau out. Does anybody know how Lodge has been tracking in his rehab? How’s he looking? Is he fit etc? Can he come straight into firsts? @The Wheel don’t have any inside oil?
I would have thought on form Talau keeps his place. Garrick back at centre (Burbo was only keeping the spot warm for him). Brown definitely back for Woods, I'd probably hold fire on Lodge for a week or two

If we’re fair dinkum about our chances this year, we put 30 on them. Maybe 40.

They are our bogey side though, along with the dragons, so who knows what will happen.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

They are our bogey side though, along with the dragons, so who knows what will happen.
Head to head the MWSE have beaten the Old Coast 14 times to 12 wins for the latter.

Surprisingly close, but not a bogey team.

At the risk of sounding like @BOZO, excuses like that are for losers. Your first paragraph is right, we should be looking at putting a cricket score on them.

Just need to go there and repeat our effort over the last couple of games, we completed at 84% today, really should of come away with the win, we dug deep, couple of % plays would of made all the difference, last set of the first half and closing out the last couple of minutes, pre GP.

I don’t care what we beat the Tits by, just go there and beat them, get the 2 points, discipline, defence, smart footy will get the job done. Don‘t want them pulling our pants down, it’s not like they haven’t done it before. Good to have some fresh troops back as well, been a physical 2 weeks.

I would have thought on form Talau keeps his place. Garrick back at centre (Burbo was only keeping the spot warm for him). Brown definitely back for Woods, I'd probably hold fire on Lodge for a week or two
Toff injured his knee in the match.

And Josh A may be in trouble with the judiciary.

I think we'll need Lodge.

Head to head the MWSE have beaten the Old Coast 14 times to 12 wins for the latter.

Surprisingly close, but not a bogey team.
They have been a perennial loser of a club. Tge fact that we are nearly square on wins is an absolute disgrace! That is def indicative of bogey team status imo.

If the judiciary let Paps off with a fine after his hip drop, Josh should be fine.

So, who will be our hooker if Croker is out?

Lawton to 9 and Arthur to 14?

Gordy had a blinder in Reggie's today, especially with ball in hand.

He would be my pick.

Tis a Long season.

Id rest a prop one of Nella, AOA or Jake this week.

Toff, Brown already had a break.

The Bull deserves another game after today.

And this is a game where I wouldn't mind another ball player on the bench Arthur or one of the Hookers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8