• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
this team has heart and are playing for each other,they still win when they have injuries,they have a coach that has passion,and they are paying 17.00 dollars to win comp...thats my pick get on...

they are also one of the luckiest teams in the comp

Dan link said:

They go well up there,because the local NRL team has to be going well to counter the threat from the new AFL franchise.

Barry Hyland link said:
They have the gutsiest player in the comp, Preston Campbell - what a heart.

One of the great NRL players.

Wish he was a Sea Eagle.

Dan link said:

Always like our chances against the Titans. Seem to have much more heart than talent. Manly are always a chances of running away with a game...not so much the Titans...

make that two kiwi eagle...i told you so this team can go all the way this year they have been there abouts last 3 years and i think they can even get the minor premiership if saints keep losing.that 17/1 is looking better now because after tonights big win and knocking the hayne plane down they will come into 8 or 9 id imagine.....

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184439.msg281045#msg281045 date=1280794004]

Lucky Schubert flew south not North?
[/quote]

If Prince's "renno's" went as suggested, and we all knew they would have if the club didn't screw the developer, we know fact they cheat the cap....

Also, I believe The Roosters, Titans are the worst offenders. It irks me Roosters are going through the same recruitment trend Melbourne did for the past 5 years, and funnily, they now have Storms recruiter.

The Titans, all of a sudden, want to re-sign Rogers, then stump up a huge contract for Inglis? Property must be real cheap @ The Gold Coast.

Ok, we have a decent roster. Actually no, we have a damn good one. But look at the players we are losing this year. Look at who we lost last year !

The titans have one thing we dont.they can win from behind and have great desperation.Last week against knights we were gone after 20 minutes and everyone knew it.

I agree that the titans are a strong hope this year as with their draw they will make top 4 and then a win first week gets them another go at skill park.

As for the comment above that we always look to have them covered- that is true-BUT in the last couple of years they always seem to beat us.

titans might not pinch the title but will finish well ahead of our boys im afraid.With the broncos and titans having reasonably soft final run home and us facing scum,saints and roosters we may fall into 7th or 8th and that will see us out.we havent the speed ,depth or desperation to threaten IMO.I really think the loss of bullet has had a greater effect than people think.the boys know longer think they can blow sides away or come from behind  and their play reflects that.

Dan link said:

good teams make there own luck.

Titans play a very "uptempo" style of footy. quick play the balls, lot's of players in motion, lot's of players backing up the ball runners and heaps of SPEED

The Titans are the biggest buch of sh1tty nigglers in the comp. Like Cronulla used to be, when they were winning.

They get all the refs decisions & the ball always bounces in their favour.
They've barely constructed a try all season. They don't have any subtlety or tactic to their game. They seem unable to wear a team down by applying pressure. They'd rather pick up a dropped ball & run away with it or grab an intercept or chuck it over the back of their head when the ref should've called held.
That sh1t wont fly in the finals. I hope they get smashed & wake up to themselves that you have to play footy to win footy games.

Good teams may make their own luck but sometimes arse bags get given a fair chunk of it too.

good result  i dont care where we finish as long as its ahead of parra..i wish  we were ahead of the tigers.. also..

we were 12 nil down against a struggling parra at home and never looked like it second half.they have won 8 games coming from behind this year-easily the best in the NRL.It is ridiculous to suggest it is all luck.id hate to know what our stats are on that given that we have a disgraceful second half scoring record.id suggest it may be close to the worst.

i despise the f...ers too with a passion(and i live here) but they have desperation and speed and are coming good at the right end of the season.

it makes me feel sick to say it but anyone who wants to back us against them at skill park in a semi can get on with me.

susan if there is 1 team  i would feel confident about playing away in the 1st week of the finals its  them.. we smashed them last yr in round 26  & they never recoverd the whole finals series.. they were bundled out after their 2 straight loses..

yes jai that is the obvious answer because of their past failures but given the lower standard of the top sides this year and their really great depth with young guys this year I really think they can do things this year.they have that one great thing MOMENTUM- do you think we would have beaten saints and warriors away and then parra-no way in the world.the momentum is set to continue with a very favourable draw starting with a thurstonless cowboys next week and they a real chance of finishing 1 or 2. we will finish 7th or 8th at best I reckon with a nightmare draw. and i hate to say it but I just cant see us beating rooster,titans,broncos or saints away to progess from week 1(tigers have a horror draw and i dont reckon they will make the 4)the other thing is we are simply too slow this season.I had real hope after 10 rounds but honestly we are not playing well enough to turn it around.and unlike many i think farrar is an absolutely crucial loss mainly due to the fact it will result in player playing out of position and in reality it seems we only have 18 players the coach has faith in.

today is the key.lose today and 7th is the absolute best result we could hope for given brisbane will pass us with an easy draw.

They are looking good at the moment, yet 3 weeks ago they were playing awful

Every single side in the top 8 has had those patches this season, as I have said a few times, the comp is wide open for any side that turns up in September

agree with that kiwi with one caveat.7 and 8 will not win it.i am one of those who believe it is close to impossible in todays game.parra came on the back of an unbeasten second half of season and couldnt pull it off last year and 8 has only beaten 1 twice ever and never till 08.warriors and manly look the likely candidates and niether will win from there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6