To all the negative nancy's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wins make it easier to confirm trolls masquerading as manly fans.... as their threads usually end up on page 4 and they don't post for a few days.

hai look guyz, i hve Manly in my uzernme and sai 'we' a lot. totes fullz youse!

Its obvious to all that I can't stand Barrett, I never liked him as a player as i believe he was the skipper and playmaker of one of the most over-rated and under-performing sides of the century in the Dragons. The leeway shown to him when Origin was picked every year was criminal he is Rugby Leagues greatest dud and I won't support him. However I will always love and Support this club, the players and the supporters. The same way i did through the Peter Sharp Northern Eagles years. But I have said all along that I will be happy to eat my words if it all comes together. Unfortunately I am not convinced that Barrett is the real deal.

Oh dear!

The forwards ran with venom and more line speed in defence. Completely different attitude from all on the field last night. I agree with a previous poster that most of the work seemed to have come from the older, unwanted brigade.

Tommy Turbo was special last night. He was more involved and determined. He really stood up.

And this is not a negative thread? Nancy? Nance?
@:p;):nerd:

It's a fair point. We're two weeks behind where we should be.
Most of us mugs could have put this team together for round 1. If Baz is 2 weeks behind the fans, he shouldn't be getting paid.
Has anyone stopped to think that what Barrett has done with his first up selections was to put everyone on notice.. No matter who you are, if you put in you get a chance if you don't you get dropped???, I think the reason players like Bj, Mateo, Starling and co preformed is because they now know their job is on the line, Barrett rewarded Green because he was killing it pre season, Barrett showed that if you get a chance he's willing to persist a little by showing some faith that one bad game can be overturned, but a second and your gone.. He also doesn't play favourites as seen with Api and Green, the guys in the Reggie's also know if I preform my chance will come, so they put in.. That what you want a team of 30 players not just 17..all know they must preform and it showed last night, it actually showed last week with Bj and Starling.. So master stroke by the coaching staff, in a short time Barrett has shown he can coach, because coaching elite athletes is more about mental preparation, you need to make them feel you have their backs but at the same time your the boss, you pull the strings and they want to play for you! Our players are showing that and as the combinations click you will see that Barrett will go down as one of the best coaches in our clubs rich history.. Like I said in 3 weeks he has shown he will make decisions, he will stand by them and he will cut you loose. He also looks to have the passion and attitude that good coaches have, combined with a calmness that will be infectious to the team when tough times hit. I'm not just a Barrett fan, I'm first and foremost a Manly fan and if I see good things I can't help but be happy for the club.

So Jay, you're saying he purposely selected lesser players and left out better players just to put everyone on notice?
He sabotaged our first two rounds to assert authority?

That's pretty crazy.

I agree Green had a good pre season. So did Lavaka. What's the difference? Api never had a pre season whereas Matty killed it. There's no consistency to your theory.

Oh no there's a lot, we were all raving about Williame and the nines and he clearly deserved a shot.. Barrett bought Api and had to stand by his desicion, and let's face it Api was a proven first grader, Matty wasnt yet Barrett still had then both in the side. And we all know Green put in and deserved a shot.. Barrett didn't think the side would lose, but he set a standard and like anything in life you take a punt, learn from it and move on. This team all know Barrett will make the tough decisions, they are the players he's the coach. They need to preform.
There's no sabotage at all, he's jobs also on the line, but it takes balls to take control and that's what I see he has done.
As for Lavaka, thats part of making hard desicions you can put everyone in.

Last edited:
I don't think Leary has let us down in any game he's played so far this year and for some reason he seems to have been pushed aside. That said, I couldn't fault the team effort last night, it may not have always looked pretty but I loved the energy.

Totally agree Andrew, Leary would have been one of those though desicions for Barrett, and he will be back even better, hungrier

I think Green, Lavaka and Williame all had good pre seasons.
That's not a ticket to first grade. They should have been the threat to the guys in first grade. Lavaka deserved a shot before Williame anyway. He was better.

Yes Baz brought Api over but that was before Parcell hit town. Much like Manly took Baz himself before it was known that Cleary would be available. Sure Api has played first grade more than Parcell but ten minutes into the dogs game it was obvious he wasn't there. He should've been hooked right there and been dropped to reggies for the tigs game. Let's be honest, Jamie Buhrer has had to come back via reserve grade, and fair enough, so did BJ Lawrence. Why is Api rated in the Brett Stewart league of straight to first grade when the afore mentioned superior players have to come back as mere mortals? It's a huge error of judgement.

You have Vave in there over Lussick mate?
I would have Vave over Lussick.
I think TB started to feel a bit of pressure after the two losses.
This week he picked the best team available and hopefully he does the same next week, no more expirementing we need some wins on the board incase injury strikes.
Starting Api the first two weeks, a player who has barley been on a football field over Parcell who was playing week in week out dumbfounded me.
Hopefully he sticks with Parcell.

Ahhhjh the winners circle, I will be smiles all week

That's coaching and man management, your the boss, you make the desicions not the fans, not the players , not management, it 's that simple, If we have a coached influenced by fans, management and players I would be spitting chips, and so would many others.. Be happy we have a coach that makes the tough decisions and players that want to play for him, because of his style, they all see what tough desicion have been made as they are part of it.. We are only outside observers

Last edited:
Every supporter gets a little negative when their side is performing below their best. Feels great to get a win though!! Best thing is, think we saw improvement in the side and that's all we can ask for each week (and a GF victory at the end of the year) That's not too much to ask is it?

Happy was the wrong word, but to accept playing like garbage due to unneccessary stupid selections what else can you say? I don't like people hammering players that have been stalwarts for the club like DCE or Matai after 2 games but guys like Green and Williame shouldn't be let near this side ever again.
Don't know about the first 2 games, but I'd hammer Matai after that game. To drop a simple chest mark is unforgivable. He takes that catch and we are not down 8-0 early in the game. Then he made 8 tackles and missed 8 tackles. Love his hard yard runs, but needs to lift his game in other areas.

Don't know about the first 2 games, but I'd hammer Matai after that game. To drop a simple chest mark is unforgivable. He takes that catch and we are not down 8-0 early in the game. Then he made 8 tackles and missed 8 tackles. Love his hard yard runs, but needs to lift his game in other areas.

as does Jorge T, really good mixed with basic errors ... his rushing up but missing allowed in another try last night as in the first two games .. but still a much improved performance last night ... good to see him actually catch the ball and not let it bounce ... he needs to keep improving because Lavaka is right there ready to show what he's got

Totally agree Andrew, Leary would have been one of those though desicions for Barrett, and he will be back even better, hungrier

So Leary had a strong outing off the bench against the Dogs and Baz dropped him to make him earn his spot in the FG team? Brown doesn't play one minute of pre-season and is picked over Symonds/Leary as a starter? Very stupid logic if you ask me.

I will say this Snake is the most valuable player we have bar none, he had the defence sorted, caused the Sharks to second guess what was happening and was the most fired up player and first to run over and congratulate anyone after a big play.

How good was Parcell's play holding the ball up against Fifita?...that was a dead set try saved by him

Hopefully the team is retained for the Roosters (barring suspension to Marty)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6