To all you naysayers...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The turn around from last week is one of the most dramatic I’ve ever seen. Could have been much better in attack, but our defence and energy was phenomenal. Very very proud of the boys.
I couldn't agree more with you. An amazing turnaround, and a great credit to the players and coach. I could not believe the difference in our team tonight. Very Canberra Raiders v Broncos!

Speaking of naysayers, can't put my finger on it but have this nagging feeling there is someone notably absent from our post game celebratory postings? Anyway I hope all Manly fans are fit and healthy enough to enjoy that big win, although a few sore heads this morning would't be a total shock I guess!

Happy to be wrong this week.. we showed up for sure..
BUT…. And I knew one of these smug threads was coming, the whole “we won a game you all said we couldn’t win, ha ha your wrong” attitude is the exact reason this team is in the position it’s in…
Remember last year we beat the storm in a game that everyone wrote us off in… that was round 16… we won ONE other game the rest of the year…
Getting the win was great, but it doesn’t mean that the criticism of some of the players we continue to persist with is wrong…

If your happy to have a team that struggles to make the 8 year in, year out, but can show up once in a blue moon to beat a top team, then I’m happy for you… but a lot of fans still expect more from a manly side… but again.. great win last night, very happy any time we beat the storm

ok ok ill put my hand up, i tipped the scum!
while i wasn't confident we could win after the last 2 weeks & without shoe & cola again all i was hoping for was an improved performance, what we got was a complete turnaround in attitude from all the players.

Happy to be wrong this week.. we showed up for sure..
BUT…. And I knew one of these smug threads was coming, the whole “we won a game you all said we couldn’t win, ha ha your wrong” attitude is the exact reason this team is in the position it’s in…
Remember last year we beat the storm in a game that everyone wrote us off in… that was round 16… we won ONE other game the rest of the year…
Getting the win was great, but it doesn’t mean that the criticism of some of the players we continue to persist with is wrong…

If your happy to have a team that struggles to make the 8 year in, year out, but can show up once in a blue moon to beat a top team, then I’m happy for you… but a lot of fans still expect more from a manly side… but again.. great win last night, very happy any time we beat the storm
Again I struggle that some cant differentiate between criticism and some of the stuff last week.

I was not pleased with our performance the last two weeks, I dont think Harper should be re-signed, in fact nearly all our off contract options bar Bully and Weekes I think we can look at better options.

I think we need some more effective work out of dummy half.

I think we need to work on our consistency, focus and game control.

Even on this game I think Woods wasnt great, I'd give him another week but tell Keppie to push hard for two weeks and he is every chance of being back.

But, I to write off the season, to call on us to get rid of Turbo for Toby, to call on us to sack Seibs, to call players patheitic, a waste of space, a joke, to say we had zero chance of getting within 50 of the Storm.

It was dummy spitting on an epic scale.

Be critical, of course, but all deep breaths.

Also the assertation that fans on a forum, calling out other fans for going to water after a loss, effects the performances of the NRL squad is absolutely laughable

He played awesome however the forwards laid a great platform. On the other hand Hughes wasn’t near his best as his forwards were belted. The pigs need to set this performance as a benchmark and we are in for a good season.
I think last night just proved that if your forwards don't dominate then there's very little chance of your backs getting enough points. Our forwards were weak and awful vs the riff last week. They cannot let that happen again. Looked like it was personal to them last night.

Commitment and effort is all you can ask for tonight we got both. It was great.
Can wr have more of it.

As for the coach I have to say I really like the bloke. He's not des and it's **** what happened to des. But this bloke is really trying to get the club successful. Good luck to him
Big admission from a Des lover !!

Speaking of naysayers, can't put my finger on it but have this nagging feeling there is someone notably absent from our post game celebratory postings? Anyway I hope all Manly fans are fit and healthy enough to enjoy that big win, although a few sore heads this morning would't be a total shock I guess!
Next loss, they’ll all return big time, that’s a guarantee.

Great win! That's the effort us supporters want to see... just need to back it up next week against the tigers and we could potentially go on a little run with our draw easing up a little, if you can still say that these days

Its a shame that when we lose we are not allowed to bag our team. Its like speaking out against the yes vote... It's an opinion and we are all allowed one. As for DCE great game and long overdue. Harper is not NRL grade and Parker only just ahead of him. And please get rid of Cooper. Well done manly, I honestly (IMO) didn't think u had that in you.

Its a shame that when we lose we are not allowed to bag our team. Its like speaking out against the yes vote... It's an opinion and we are all allowed one. As for DCE great game and long overdue. Harper is not NRL grade and Parker only just ahead of him. And please get rid of Cooper. Well done manly, I honestly (IMO) didn't think u had that in you.
Who said you aren't allowed to bag the team? Of course we can. But who wants to listen to a bunch of howling, entitled 5 year olds throwing tantrums? Maybe the difference is too subtle for some to appreciate.
I liked the old days here where players were bagged with cutting wit and humour, not so much with contempt.

Who said you aren't allowed to bag the team? Of course we can. But who wants to listen to a bunch of howling, entitled 5 year olds throwing tantrums? Maybe the difference is too subtle for some to appreciate.
I liked the old days here where players were bagged with cutting wit and humour, not so much with contempt.
Times they are a changing

Again I struggle that some cant differentiate between criticism and some of the stuff last week.

I was not pleased with our performance the last two weeks, I dont think Harper should be re-signed, in fact nearly all our off contract options bar Bully and Weekes I think we can look at better options.

I think we need some more effective work out of dummy half.

I think we need to work on our consistency, focus and game control.

Even on this game I think Woods wasnt great, I'd give him another week but tell Keppie to push hard for two weeks and he is every chance of being back.

But, I to write off the season, to call on us to get rid of Turbo for Toby, to call on us to sack Seibs, to call players patheitic, a waste of space, a joke, to say we had zero chance of getting within 50 of the Storm.

It was dummy spitting on an epic scale.

Be critical, of course, but all deep breaths.

Also the assertation that fans on a forum, calling out other fans for going to water after a loss, effects the performances of the NRL squad is absolutely laughable
I hear what your saying… I’m not defending the ppl that call for dce to get sacked each week, or the ridiculous “move Tom to centre for Toby/weekes to play fullback” nonsense, all that stuff is stupid in my opinion… without dce we earn atleast 1 wooden spoon over the last 6 or 7 seasons and that’s a fact..

But regardless of the win, I think we have the worst centres in the nrl…
Parker tries his guts out but is absolutely toothless in attack and makes some idiotic plays in defence… Harper is a rag doll, can’t break the line, can’t punch thru massive holes 5m out from the tryline, and has the fastest bloke in the nrl on his right hand side but you’d never know it because he never EVER passes it to him no matter how many men overlap he has…

Paseka shows up once in awhile but usually is just a passenger, alioai spends more time talking s$&t on social media than worrying about football…

Keppie and bullemore are just meh..

Croker tries his guts out but offers almost nothing in attack bar the occasional 1 or 2 games every 8 weeks or so..

So far I’m not sure why burbo has a gig bar the surname, but I guess he needs more game time to prove himself…

We have ALL these glaring issues that we just seem to ignore year on year but we jag a great win once or twice a season and everyone ignores the issues, then wanna cry when we bomb out at the end of the season…

That’s my issue with calling out the “naysayers “ … most have very valid complaints, but get called out after the one or 2 great wins each season

That’s a silly statement , of cause you are allowed to speak in a negative manner when we lose , that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it.

But ( this not aimed at you just a general comment ) the depth of negativity , the anger and humiliation of certain players , was over the top and very intense last week.

And funnily , we win last night and most of those posters are no where to be seen !!!

But they’ll be back , next time we lose.

In the past we’d all chuck hissy fits, and by Tuesday we’d be back to normal, last week it was just constant, right up to kick off last night.

But of course your allowed your opinion, after all it’s a forum.

I hear what your saying… I’m not defending the ppl that call for dce to get sacked each week, or the ridiculous “move Tom to centre for Toby/weekes to play fullback” nonsense, all that stuff is stupid in my opinion… without dce we earn atleast 1 wooden spoon over the last 6 or 7 seasons and that’s a fact..

But regardless of the win, I think we have the worst centres in the nrl…
Parker tries his guts out but is absolutely toothless in attack and makes some idiotic plays in defence… Harper is a rag doll, can’t break the line, can’t punch thru massive holes 5m out from the tryline, and has the fastest bloke in the nrl on his right hand side but you’d never know it because he never EVER passes it to him no matter how many men overlap he has…

Paseka shows up once in awhile but usually is just a passenger, alioai spends more time talking s$&t on social media than worrying about football…

Keppie and bullemore are just meh..

Croker tries his guts out but offers almost nothing in attack bar the occasional 1 or 2 games every 8 weeks or so..

So far I’m not sure why burbo has a gig bar the surname, but I guess he needs more game time to prove himself…

We have ALL these glaring issues that we just seem to ignore year on year but we jag a great win once or twice a season and everyone ignores the issues, then wanna cry when we bomb out at the end of the season…

That’s my issue with calling out the “naysayers “ … most have very valid complaints, but get called out after the one or 2 great wins each season
Constructive criticism is great , not that our opinions mean much ( other than on here ) but don’t you find it funny that the “ naysayers “ vanish when we have a win , and instantly return when we have a loss.

It’s called taking the good with the bad.

That’s life , it can’t all be good , all of the time.

Constructive criticism is great , not that our opinions mean much ( other than on here ) but don’t you find it funny that the “ naysayers “ vanish when we have a win , and instantly return when we have a loss.

It’s called taking the good with the bad.

That’s life , it can’t all be good , all of the time.
I put my hand up last night and I was more than happy to be proven wrong. Hope they don't lose that hunger and mongrel next week against the Tigers (coming off a win against the bye)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10