Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Well some times you have to believe what is written. The courts found that Meehan assaulted and robbed a taxi driver. Lodge also went to court and his actions were that he assaulted a guy in the street because he would not respond to his drunken abuse. He then followed the guy and his wife up to there apartment and forced his way in. He threatened to kill the woman and grabbed the guy in a head lock and repeatedly punch him. These are the proven facts from the court. Do you think the courts got it right?
Post links to the court results and I might believe it. I don't believe 3rd hand media accounts. Brett Stewart? One bitten twice shy.

Something doesn't add up mate.

He was released from the final year of his contract. With no mention as to why.

His form wasnt atrocious. So you can only guess from there.

Attitude? Behaviour? Who knows.

Conjecture Damien. You may have something but it could also be that Carney has been getting some feelers from NRL clubs and asked for the release

Well some times you have to believe what is written. The courts found that Meehan assaulted and robbed a taxi driver...
These are the proven facts from the court. Do you think the courts got it right?
You've just made that up!!!
I'm sure you are not trying to be malicious but the courts most certainly did not find that Meehan robbed anyone.
As for Lodge, it seems he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanour charge carrying a maximum penalty of 1 years jail. A long way short of the aggravated robbery Meehan was originally facing which carries a max penalty of 20 years.
So you have allegations, you have the court findings, and you have reports and published conjecture from many sources (including now you!)
My original point was simply that it is easy to get fact mixed up with fiction, as you yourself have inadvertently proved.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...leads-guilty-in-us-court-20151223-glu81g.html

Two pages and not one link to Carney signed up with Manly.....c'mon ppl!......it could be the week after nexts huge news!

If you're referring to Lodge then only what has been in the media about how he terrorized the couple in the apartment!! Meehan was a 'bouncer' & yes he shouldn't have done what he is / was accused of, however to threaten to kill someone & proceed to terrorize...........I rest my case.

Your case: what Lodge did was worse than what Meehan did.
Meehan was let off without conviction on one count of assault, the robbery charges were withdrawn. However in the wake of that result he apparently made admissions about working as a standover man for criminals. He has never been charged over that but presumably that job entailed similar levels of intimidation as that dished out by the moronic and intoxicated Lodge in Manhattan.
Which one would you prefer to be terrorised by? Gee that's a tough one.
Willis has (allegedly) turned his life around, converted to Islam, and regrets his past actions, which occurred while he was very young. Fingers crossed he goes well in life and for Manly.
By the way, as of 14 October Roar reported he is not yet registered for NRL .
Willis and friends.jpg

edit - by the way the picture shows our new recruit Omar Slaimankhel (L), some random dude, and Willis (R).

Your case: what Lodge did was worse than what Meehan did.
Meehan was let off without conviction on one count of assault, the robbery charges were withdrawn. However in the wake of that result he apparently made admissions about working as a standover man for criminals. He has never been charged over that but presumably that job entailed similar levels of intimidation as that dished out by the moronic and intoxicated Lodge in Manhattan.
Which one would you prefer to be terrorised by? Gee that's a tough one.
Willis has (allegedly) turned his life around, converted to Islam, and regrets his past actions, which occurred while he was very young. Fingers crossed he goes well in life and for Manly.
By the way, as of 14 October Roar reported he is not yet registered for NRL .
View attachment 4454
Maybe we get SBW down the track?

He would fit in well with the roosters new recruits. Carter, Tetavano and Knight. I am sure that there are plenty of roosters supporters who are into bubblers

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12