Todd Greenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi Volley, I did read this quite alot which shocked me greatly!! Truly don't blame him as he was playing for Australia and on the minimum contract. Not our fault we could see talent early! Sounded like his manager forcing the hand I'd say.

Great news that we did keep Brett, DCE and Foran.

It was his manager. But to be fair I would have done the same thing if I was in his shoes only getting a paltry $80k per annum or something like that.

Chip and Chase said:
Darren, I think you are confusing player managers whisper campaigns whilst trying to renegotiate a contract and maximise their %age of that contract, and the truth.

I never heard DCE say he wanted to go to Brisbane, I never heard Foran say he was going to Bulldogs, never heard Snake say he was going anywhere. In fact all I ever heard from them directly was how much they liked it at Manly and how much they wanted to stay.

Everything about Brisbane was rumours started by the press's assumptions that DCE would want to go home to Queensland eventually and that there is a position open at the club after Lockyer left. This was the same assumption being made from the same people about Brett. Has anyone thought about Josh Reynolds, as he's off contract? Do you think the Bulldogs will be able to afford him?

Darren, Manly has a culture. It has been said before, and I'll say it again: there aren't many clubs that can say they have over 10 200+ game players, with another 5 - 10 on their way in the next 5 years. In addition, not many clubs can also say that they have won 4 of their premierships with 2 different coaches that used to also play for the club, and now has another coach...who also played for the club long term.

Our culture is one to be looked up at and admired, not torn apart like I've been hearing in this thread. Parramatta, Penrith, Canterbury, Tigers, Cronulla...these teams could only dream of having our culture, and when we say culture we don't mean winning, as it's not always about that. Just looking at the turnstile rosters of these clubs above, and the losses of players that we've had in the same period, proves our culture spits on any of these other teams.

It's so much the case that Greenberg tried to buy our culture, because he believed that Des was the reason for said culture. Truth is, the culture was bred in any player that came through the ranks between 1972 until now. While we are coached by someone brought through the ranks during this period, we will continue to have a great culture. A culture to be proud of is one where you can call on it in your times of need to get you across the line. No one likes us, we don't care is part of this culture, the lifestyle that comes with supporting this club, the overall behaviour of our fans, it's all a part of our culture, and you can't buy this.

The Bulldogs used to have a culture to be proud of. It was bred during the Dogs of War years, and it died when Peter Moore stabbed The Godfather, and the ARL, in the back. The Bulldogs since then have been about money, and trying to get the easy way out, by buying a premiership. Unfortunately, for the Bulldogs, this means they no longer have a culture they can call on, or be proud of. This means they attract scum that like this road they have taken, they attract players that like this, and they lose players as well. It also means that no one stays long enough for them to build a culture. Todd Greenberg is a cause of a lot of this in recent times and shouldn't be praised for it. You can't buy dynasties anymore. Brisbane have proven this.

One last little tidbit to think about: who is the longest serving player currently on the Bulldogs roster? Josh Morris with 89 games. Pretty disgusting really when you think about it for a club with so much history. Canterbury - Bankstown, The Silvertails of the NRL: I bow before thee ;)

Darren said:
Good points Huey but we weren't known as the Silvertails for nothing so we literally bought out a few clubs stars in 20th century. Lower grades are nothing in the end as you said. A bit of pride is the only thing I imagine it brings. We aren't worried with out lot that's for sure.

Foran, DCE and Brett are on huge dollars so imagine they would be very happy to stay. DCE demanding a pay rise or off to the Broncos was a shock though and not exactly brimming with culture there. Not sure about Foran taking months to sign but it seemed Reynolds came good and maybe that helped us re-sign Foran.

If you see what the Dogs are NOW building, it looks impressive. Just because an opposition CEO is doing a great job doesn't mean I worship him. Bellamy did a great job as well but I don't like him personally.

T-Rex issue: Family would have a big say but T-Rex would make final decision. He wanted to go, if he loved us so much I'm sure he would have put a few "big ones" in to say thanks for setting me up in NRL.

And there were the 'Millionaires' before us out at Wests, followed by St.George dominating on the back of the richest (at the time) Leagues Club in the state. The point is that money is fleeting and it takes a special club to achieve sustained success without it.

Manly learnt alot from adversity and have in place the drive that you don't get from a chequebook. It's about knowing a dark place on the field with 50-odd point drubbings and then wondering whether the club is going to pay you. It's the fans, staff and players hoping the Football Club is going to still be operating in a weeks time.

It's facing all that happened from 1998-2004 and rather than give up or spit the dummy, you work out who your real friends are and dig in for the fight of your life.

You continue to talk about what the Dogs are doing now, but you have to wonder how we convinced some of the better players to come to us during the depths of 2004-05. Players like Monaghan, Hicks, Kennedy and Kite. Young blokes staying solid when other clubs tried to entice them away, like Brett Stewart and Watmough. And of course there's Beaver, who looked at the rabble around him in 2001 and still said he wanted to keep on with us, and not jump ship.

So what is it exactly that they're building towards? Has all the shiny new toys they spent up on got you all gooey? You realise how much of what they've just bought and spending more on, is already in place at Eagles HQ, don't you? Greenburg was there for four years before Des walked in and told them they're doing it wrong.

There is no vision or business acumen when you're simply throwing money in areas that others are telling you to. I'll give credit to the manner in which he is engaging the Dogs into the community, but a lot of that is a leg-up from friendly journos in the media that rarely pry into the Dogs workings, let alone ask the obvious/hard questions.

As for our recent culture, it is dismissive of you to think our young blokes are only in it for the money. You quote points made by DCE when there is only media speculation made about his stance; Foran was in line for as much at the Dogs, but didn't jump; Foz's potential paycheque then allowed Des to throw it all at T-Rex - and don't think for a second that he had the final say.

Blokes like Folau, Hopoate and now T-Rex do NOT make the final decisions early in their careers, with mum and dad forcing the end call.

There is more than enough examples in just the last couple of years which highlight the playing group will stay for less, in lieu of heading to other clubs that are chasing hard; Matai to the Sharks, Ballin to Canberra and Stewart to the Roosters (yep, that was a near thing).

It would seem Greenburg has alot of fires to put out this morning with some of the player's antics. Our club has had a gredat past and hopefully a great future. As long as we get the financial side right we will be fine. I suppose for the Dogs, you have to start somewhere. Fleas are hard to get rid of.

Fire dog

fire_dog.gif

Young Toddy was just interviewed on radio, his first words were, here we are talking about what happened at Belmore yesterday when we should be talking about the Storm. "Well hello Todd" cast your freaking mind this time last year when all we should have talked about was Manly,yet for weeks all we saw was your smug face saying "we don't owe Manly anything,I just look after the Bulldogs". Different story when the shoe's on the other foot eh Todd., what goes around comes around.

Peter C said:
Young Toddy was just interviewed on radio, his first words were, here we are talking about what happened at Belmore yesterday when we should be talking about the Storm. "Well hello Todd" cast your freaking mind this time last year when all we should have talked about was Manly,yet for weeks all we saw was your smug face saying "we don't owe Manly anything,I just look after the Bulldogs". Different story when the shoe's on the other foot eh Todd., what goes around comes around.

Plus we won last year, so suck it! :D

Being gen x, I know a couple of todds. They really hate being called "Ted". So let's do that.

Great post earlier Jono. Minor complaint though – all of our premiership winning teams were coached by former Manly players (Willey x 2, Stanton x 2, Fulton x 2, Hasler x 2). And all of our losing grand final teams were coached by former Manly players too (O’Connell x 1, Arthurson x 2, Hunter x 1 , Willey x 1, Ritchie x 1, Fulton x 3, Hasler x 1).

The only other club (with more than a handful of GF appearances) that might match that stat is South Sydney.

tookey said:
How dumb is greenberg? he should have signed bellamy and not Hasler. Doh!

If Hasler doesn't help the Dogs win a premiership next year he may be replaced by Bellamy who I believe is off contract after next year.

Don't rule out Bellamy doing a Hasler just yet and may well end up at the Warriors next season

They have massive money to throw around, possibly up to 2 mill a year if Bellamy wanted it

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said he had apologised to Azzopardi and was disappointed by the comments. He added the club had not been able to identify the person responsible.

''The audio is a little bit scratchy and we haven't been able to put names to the audio at the moment,'' he said. ''There was some players here, some staff, some friends of players, who got together to celebrate Mad Monday.

What a suprise Greenturd the slimeball trying to squirm his way out of it. The club stinks from top to bottom.

the mauler said:
Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said he had apologised to Azzopardi and was disappointed by the comments. He added the club had not been able to identify the person responsible.

''The audio is a little bit scratchy and we haven't been able to put names to the audio at the moment,'' he said. ''There was some players here, some staff, some friends of players, who got together to celebrate Mad Monday.

What a suprise Greenturd the slimeball trying to squirm his way out of it. The club stinks from top to bottom.
So now we have a situation where because they can't be identified, no action will be taken.
"Hey Todd, how about a blanket punishment until the perpetrators fess up!".

the mauler said:

''There was some players here, some staff, some friends of players, who got together to celebrate Mad Monday.

Yes Mr Greenberg we know your whole culture is ****ed

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4