Tom is a Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I’ve always thought guac would make a good lock. His late footwork could cause havoc in the middle. I do think he’s a real weapon attacking high kicks on the edge though.

Yer, I don’t know, you could be right, but I think I‘d like to see more mobility in our back three, Quac would definitely upgrade our middle, can’t see why he couldn’t shift and hit on our attacking kicks or occasional plays towards the edge playing 8 or 10.

Thinking we just need more mobility and line speed from our engine room, particularly our back 3, the sharks don’t have a flash pack, but their mobile, look at their back 3, Innes is a work horse, that’s the type you want at 13, Cotter, Yoe, Murray all play that role, throw in Watson his wound and would be a good starting 13 in most other clubs, shame the chooks have him locked up till the end of 25, don’t think Quac brings that, his more power and impact, perfect modern day middle (I realise lock is basically your third middle these days but I’m sure you relate to what I’m trying to say) back on the sharks, I think Nikora is the ideal edge forward, while Wilton may not be a super star, his quick, mobile and works his guts out, their back 3 are under rated and a big part of why their travelling so well, their back 5 are pretty bloody good too, they have copied the riffs game to a tee, no surprise there leading the comp, don’t worry about their perceived soft draw, I’m sure they’ll still compete when they face tougher assignments. I don’t know where we find ourselves a Nikora type, his locked up till the end of next year, but his the type we need.

Still can’t imagine we‘ll see a shift either way and I’ll stick with the fact we’ll continue to struggle to play good consistent footy on a week to week basis with the pack balance we have, said it yesterday, speed up or make up the numbers. Haven’t overly tried to get to the bottom of why our defence is so ordinary but I imagine our lack of mobility and speed around the middle certainly contributes.

Apologies to all for hacking Toms a myth thread (which should be blown up anyway) and the drawn out rants. I don’t know how some of you do it, but kudos to those of you who can pack it down into a couple of sentences.

Turbo having a shocker

His kick on tackle 5 when we were up 16-4 then dolphins score off next set

Out of position a lot and having no impact at all

Boy he is frustrating to watch tonight

Last edited:
Anybody recall - Hip drop on ankle same leg as hammy? Tommy can’t run out a niggle... tissue paper isn’t that strong. Trbo attempt to stop the try, before tearing the hammy was terrible, wonder if it was already torn at that point stretching out to get to the corner?

I can’t remember snake with these defensive issue… after first few years, post killer (eels) destroying his shoulder, snake worked hard to become a defensive strength.

I think this is a positive. There’s no way he could make it through the origin period without a season ending injury. This way he will sit out the next 7/8 weeks then return post origin. In the meantime Koula can get his hands on the ball more & Garrick might move back to the wing.

Tommy is half the player he was in 2021.

Too many injuries and time out of the game show this.

In 2021 he would take the line on with gusto, bust defences and had fantastic instinct to also put others through gaps.

What I see now is him playing far more conservative. He is not as confident in taking bombs, you can see how tentative he is at times.

I do not blame him after all the injuries and now a new one.

It is a legitimate conversation to be had that he should be a centre rather than a full back now, the full back role is so demanding physically and a persons speed is vital, Koula has that in spades and should be given a chance to cement that spot!

This is the elephant in the room and a huge issue for the club. I don't blame Tom in any way however his injury record and the fact he is only play at 80% capacity is 'hobbling' Manly. AND I don't know the solution. He is on $1M plus a year through to 2027 I think and yet unless he can get back to near 100% it is a very bad investment and impact on our salary cap. Medical retirement could be an option however not sure how it works and all parties would have to agree e.g. Tom, Manly and the NRL. But wow this is a massive issue.

Tommy is half the player he was in 2021.

Too many injuries and time out of the game show this.

In 2021 he would take the line on with gusto, bust defences and had fantastic instinct to also put others through gaps.

What I see now is him playing far more conservative. He is not as confident in taking bombs, you can see how tentative he is at times.

I do not blame him after all the injuries and now a new one.

It is a legitimate conversation to be had that he should be a centre rather than a full back now, the full back role is so demanding physically and a persons speed is vital, Koula has that in spades and should be given a chance to cement that spot!
Yeah, playing centre for the rest of his career with Manly is the only option.

I am a Tom Believer and Admirer
Tom is one of our Great Manly Players in the History of our Legendary club
Tom is better on one leg than most players on two
Tom is still one of the Elite players in the World
Elite players get injuries too

Tom will be back as usual
Because
You can not keep a Good Man down for too long
1715309829044.png

I am a Tom Believer and Admirer
Tom is one of our Great Manly Players in the History of our Legendary club
Tom is better on one leg than most players on two
Tom is still one of the Elite players in the World
Elite players get injuries too

Tom will be back as usual
Because
You can not keep a Good Man down for too long
View attachment 26981
Mate I don't know what drug your Doctor has you on, But could you post the name of it.

I think Tom is done dying for a team , whereother players dont put the body on the line. I have no info but the chemistry between tom and Daly Cha Cha Evans. Step to the left , step to the right, swing your body round,release and team dynamic seem off

tom is either under too much mental fatigue to carry the team any longer or the tommy cherry bubble is about to burst. Maybe not now from the sidelines

just my guess

offloading DCE while he is media darling and halves are in demand would still be a good option
next season will be worse

tom is getting close to medical retirement IMO lt be interesting to see if the club pays it out or is forced to keep him on there books

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10