Tom Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
The club should move quick to extend symonds contract, hes most likely going to make city / country game and will attract alot of interest...... i know we can not have everyone but he seems a must.... him , choc and gift, would make an awesome back row...... i think hes only on the one year deal to , i think the rumour of rose moving on will not be the last , i also think jamie B has had enough time to show us what hes made of, but will most likely be retained for impact off the bench. And will Chee Kam step up, from what ive seen of NSW cup , he seemed ok but nothing great..... not a stand out thats for sure.

Think I read on zerotackle that he was singed untill end of 2014

Made a good start, and I'm sure the club would want to keep him but they have to look at it long term. ie how he would fit into the squad when Gift comes back? What does the squad need in the coming years? What do we have coming through the grades?

mmmm , your right...... and i also forgot about horo, does anyone know how long we locked him up for?.... great position to be in .

Tom may play more 1st grades with us in his first year than his whole career at the chooks....let's hope he enjoys the opportunity he's been given and stays on.

Tonight, Tom Symonds outplayed Jamie Buhrer. Who here saw that coming and who wants it delivered as such into the playing group ?

Thats what its all about players now know they have to work for a spot in the team. Dont write of Jamie just yet Toovey has given him a challenge lets see how he handles it.

Agree, Buhrer will step up but may be adjusting to life off the bench. Does offer a lot when games open up. His confidence may be down after realising he won't start and maybe hearing he was shopped around.

The thing that surprised my with Symonds is his size. He's a big boy, and geez he hits the line hard. Awesome pick up

seemed odd how long he spent on the bench, obviously it was planned and all, but he was carving them up in the first 20, looked very dangerous. Buhrer wasn't bad at all, but just wasn't having the same impact. i would've had Symonds back on shortly after half time, then bought Buhrer back on to get choc off that last ten. But hey i'm not tooves. Maybe Buhrer is rated a little more in his defence, and Symonds for his attack. It's great to have such depth and competition for spots though.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
seemed odd how long he spent on the bench, obviously it was planned and all, but he was carving them up in the first 20, looked very dangerous. Buhrer wasn't bad at all, but just wasn't having the same impact. i would've had Symonds back on shortly after half time, then bought Buhrer back on to get choc off that last ten. But hey i'm not tooves. Maybe Buhrer is rated a little more in his defence, and Symonds for his attack. It's great to have such depth and competition for spots though.

Possibly could be because of those injuries he's had? Not sure he's played a lot of football over the past few years so maybe even lacking match fitness?

I hope to see Symonds in a Manly jumper for at least another 5-6 years. At this stage he shapes up as Glenn Stewart's obvious replacement. He looks that good already.

He is having an immediate impact, just like another bloodnut way back in 1979 - Paul Vautin.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8