Tom T to Take on Kicking Duties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tom Trbojevic to take on Manly kicking duties
Share on Whatsapp
  • Send via Email

By Steve Zemek SMH

Tom Trbojevic will add a string to his bow this NRL season with the Manly ace revealing he is set to take on some kicking duties.

More responsibility: Tom Trbojevic.

Photo: AAP
Blake Green's defection to the Warriors has left a massive hole in the Sea Eagles' line-up, with the playmaker last year proving arguably the most- effective general-play kicker in the NRL.

Last year, Green topped the NRL for 40-20 kicks (five) and was second for forcing line dropouts (25), with Manly building most of their pressure on the back of his pinpoint boot.

Lachlan Croker will step into the No.6 jersey for Friday's season opener against Newcastle at McDonald Jones Stadium, however is unproven in top grade.

Considering Croker has just 38 minutes of NRL under his belt, coach Trent Barrett is not expecting too much from him too soon.

To help ease his transition to top grade, Trbojevic is expected to get his hands on the ball more often and will also take on some light kicking duties.

Ahead of the season kick-off, the Herald asked readers and our experts how each of the 16 teams would go in this years competition.

While Daly Cherry-Evans would be the go-to man and take on a majority of kicking duties, Trbojevic said don't be surprised to see him with the ball in hand on the fifth tackle.

"I'm not much of a kicker but I've been doing a little bit," Trbojevic said.

Not really a fan of this tbh. Run the ball Tom and do a bit of playmaking. Leave the kicking to the halves

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8