Tom Trbojevic vs Tafua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
19 YEARS OLD
Jack Kavanagh, Matthew Lodge, Luke Yates, Euan Aitken, Jai Arrow, Valentine Holmes, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Willis Meehan, Joe Ofahengaue, Te Maire Martin, Tepai Moeroa, Brenko Lee, Vincent Leuluai, Addin Fonua-Blake, Suliasi Vunivalu, Karl Lawton, Lamar Liolevave, Danny Levi, Robert Jennings, Jackson Hastings, James Fisher-Harris, Matthew Dufty, Tevita Pangai, Nelson Asofa-Solomona

18 YEARS OLD
Luciano Leilua, Sione Mata'utia, Coen Hess, Jacob Host, Tom Trbojevic, Izaac Thompson, Jayden Nikorima, Bradley Abbey, Brock Lamb, Mafoa'aeata Hingano

There is some great up and coming players in that bunch, I really rate Matt Lodge from the Tigers.

There is some great up and coming players in that bunch, I really rate Matt Lodge from the Tigers.

The Tigers have some good young players in the 20s coming through in Bayley Sironen ( Curtis brother ) and they have great halves / hooker

The Tigers have some good young players in the 20s coming through in Bayley Sironen ( Curtis brother ) and they have great halves / hooker
I never knew Paul Sironen was an honorary South Australian. His sons' christian names prove it - i.e. last names as christian names. A longterm cultural trend in Mainland Tasmania (aka Sth Australia).

so only a handful of 18 and 19 year olds playing first grade, most are getting the occasional blooding just like TommyT

The experience will help, his replies he made show how much the gap is from where he is now to getting there but you can only think it is a matter of time.

State of Orgin: NSW Blues enlist Tom Trbojevic to mimic Queensland great Billy Slater
Date
May 24, 2015
Michael Carayannis
Rugby League Writer

Tom Trbojevic is only two games into his NRL career but already the Manly flyer is mimicking Queensland great Billy Slater as part of the Blues' preparation.

Trbojevic was given the task of playing the role of Slater during two intense opposed sessions against the NSW side at Coffs Harbour. The 18-year-old joined Greg Bird, Matt Moylan, Tyson Frizell and Ryan James plus a host of fringe NRL players to oppose the NSW team.

Trbojevic said the Blues took no pity on him during the 45 minute hit-out when he was greeted with cries of "Slater" every time he touched the ball.

"I don't know [how hard] they were going but I was getting hit pretty hard sometimes," Trbojevic said. "There were a couple [of big shots]. Because I was running as Slater and they want to be aggressive on him I was getting hit and pushed back a couple of times. You've just got to take it.:mad:

"It was different, very different."

The rookies joined the Blues squad on Saturday and will be at Wednesday's game. Trbojevic gave his injured ankle a stern test having returned to play just one under-20s match after damaging it in his second NRL game in April.

"It's been awesome getting in and training with the boys playing Origin," Trbojevic said. "It's been a great experience. Just how intense everyone is and the communication. Every aspect of the game is so much quicker, so much more physical.

"You see the players how they hold themselves, and the way they are off the field. Grab onto some of those attributes and try and mimic them on and off the field and to try and achieve these one day. You look around and you see all these players and it's pretty surreal."

Bird and Moylan spent most of the session in the halves, in what was the Blues' final big hit-out before Wednesday's game. They will have Monday off and then the traditional captain's run on Tuesday.

Back-rower Ryan Hoffman said the opposed game was an important part of the side's preparations.

"Birdy was too busy worried about kicking 40/20s and throwing 20-metre cut-out passes," Hoffman joked. "He was good. He knows what this week is all about and the preparation we need.

"When you train just with each other and you go up against no opposition you look like you could take on the world but that's not what it's going to be like on Wednesday. We are going to have blokes up on our faces so we have to get our timing right and that's why we have those opposed sessions."
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sland-great-billy-slater-20150524-gh8dnh.html

Tafua is a liability!! Crap under the highball, crap in defence and a passenger plodding along. He was exposed last year and I dread seeing his name on the teamsheet.

Tafua didn't spill the ball over the line last week costing us the 2 points
That's true....
Tafua would have been tackled 30m out from the try line

To be fair to Tom, he was ankle tapped twice in that 90 metre run which slowed him considerably. Otherwise he would have been under the posts.

I agree that Jorge would have been caught a lot earlier.

Surely it has been obvious that Tom Turbojet is the only back we have with spark. For 2V not to recognise this has been disturbing, and sticking to slow, tired, old, injury-prone former excellent players will be the coach's undoing.
Tafua should be tried as a second rower in NSW Cup where he could regenerate his career. Jamie and Steve have served us well over the past decade, but they should both retire gracefully at the end of the season, with the club employing them in off-field mentoring roles. There are going to be big holes to fill in the Manly team next year, which means opportunities for young players to shine.

Matai is still playing well.. a little bruised, but still has the energy..
I agree that Lyon is done, his form dropped off big time last year and this year is has honestly been poor - great career though

I agree that Lyon is done, his form dropped off big time last year and this year is has honestly been poor - great career though

Killer was our best player last week, albeit at 5/8. He should play out the rest of the season there. Too slow for centre now, never able to get on the outside of his man -- which used to be his biggest asset).

So how many games does tom get until he gets scrutinised in the same way the other backs do where 1 error undoes any good work?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4