Tom Wright: Where do you put him?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The more I see him play,the more I think he is a centre and potentially a special one.Doesn't seem to possess the ability to see the whole area and what is going on defensively from the opposition but maybe more time in RL will help.What he does seem to possess is great awareness to see what is directly in front of him and with that speed and quick step and ability to jink/hop left/right and with good hands would make a really good centre in the Matt Gidley/Mick O'Connor type mode.Gidley used to be a master at it and I think it was either McDougall or Tahu used to get a bag of tries each year,Mick used to be good at it too(another ex rugby guy).Don't think he has the ability to see all in front of him and then make good decisions as to who should get the pass etc...6 and 1 it sort of helps to have that ability but that more one on one attacking style would suit being a centre.Just needs to work on defense but goes ok and seems a quick thinker.

Wright and Anderson are the future wingers of the club. Wright may develop into our 5/8 but for now bring him on slowly on the wing. He and Anderson will be a sensation.

I actually prefer Smalley to Anderson, but they are all talented. Very talented 20's side, surprised they only finished 8th in the regular season.

Agree with you volley, I'm Tom Wrights biggest fan but think he is far too inconsistent at this stage... he needs more time...
Anderson is a real live wire and has potential

I still would not discount Tom Wright"s capability to develop into a Ist grade 5 / 8 . Some of his pass selections yesterday were quite skillful and when under pressure , especially some inside passes [ not easy ] to Anderson and also for Andrews important try just after half time . Did't have much of a platform to work off yesterday with the aggressive Eels defence but still made some strong runs and was trying some things . In the short term and from what Barrett has intimated , it seems that he will be mainly considered as a centre prospect and even guys like Matt Gidley and even Foran occasionally alternated between 5 / 8 and centre early in their careers. Tom is just a naturally gifted footballer with his acceleration , elusiveness and good speed , and again with the right tutoring and coaching and encouragement , ideally can be a long term back line top performer for Manly and of course next year will provide more of an indication if he is up to it . Anderson was good yesterday , another good natural footballer who i think can also make it to the top level soon and hopefully for the Sea Eagles .

Oh sorry for not accepting his man meat in my mouth because he wears a lower grade manly jersey

He was **** in the grand final
You got nfi. Just cause he didn't score a hat trick - doesn't mean he was sh*t.
He had some classy touches and didn't overplay his hand.. was heavily marked and often took 2 or 3 players to bring him down.
This created more room for the players around him..

He had some classy touches and didn't overplay his hand.. was heavily marked and often took 2 or 3 players to bring him down.

I thought he was intimidated by the size of the Parra pack....................was very reluctant to run at the line like he had done in previous weeks. That could have been because he was heavily marked but was disappointing he still didn't take it on.

Lol he got in the way and he **** the bed, it's lucky he had someone who could handle the brighter lights of the grand final

Yes it took 3 men to take him down but he did nothing at all with it

#7 was the reason we won without being the MVP

At the moment Wright needs space. He's not entirely comfortable at 5/8 even though he played union there. But they have more space to move in Union because the forwards are tied up more regularly in rucks. He's a gifted young footballer, and has the skills to be a class 5/8 but not yet. I'd put him on the wing or centre for a few years. He's a free running player of the Blake type and the more space he has the better. Even Cliffy Lyons started out as a centre for Norths. And I remember he was not greatly thought of when we bought him (Mitchell Cox was the big signing from the Bears that year), but I remember the silky skills and how much time Lyons had at Norths and said then he will be much better than Cox. Wright is in the same bag. He's got the skills big time, just needs the development.

Solid game all round.

His outside man Andrews refused to run in the first half and was just woeful (missed a few simple tackles as well). Finally had a run 2 minutes into the second and Wright put him in a hole to score.

Whilst Wright made a few errors later in the game his cross field kicks were very good and kept the pressure on as well, he chipped in when required but was definitely a marked man.

We also went left a lot as Parras right side defence was the weaker side.

with friends like!

no wonder they are scrapping the 20's comp with such well rounded and constructive comments from some directed at boys. pressure is everything these days.

I wonder how many of the true greats of the game would have still come thru in the current 'tear them apart' and comment from the sofa world we live in?

I'm going to try something new. comment yes but don't judge and belittle something that I wouldn't even be able to get close to doing myself.

On this board I haven't been the biggest fan of of some players such Api or Brown but while they play for manly they will now have my support.

who am I to say they are or are not crap.

Wright is just a kid who in my opinion will be something special if allowed to develop without pressure and hype.

imagine the crap that would have come the way of Titmus if he had of dropped that ball while pretending to be a bird in the GF. make or break a career that hasn't even really started.