Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wright played fullback at Joeys, hardly the most physical position in schoolboys rugby. And he was apparently keen to play 7s rugby before he signed with us. So it's not hard to accept the "touch footy" assessment, simply based on historical fact.

I guess when they signed him, they hoped for another Quade Cooper/Kurtley Beale type (and as apparently talented as those blokes are, it's not like they could have cut it week in week out in the NRL either).

I haven't seen him play this year but I just wish that they would pick him at 6 and keep him there for a while,he played one game earlier this year there and we had a massive win.Don't know how he performed overall in that game but let him play there on a consistent basis.This is why we picked him up from rugby as I am aware so play him there for fxxx's sake.Is his front on defence too poor to play at 6?I also don't know why Amone Tufui (prop)is not being played at all,yeah probably carrying a bit of weight but this is Holden cup and a big unit off the bench would be helpful(think he played 2 games this year for about 10 min. and about 6 min. and he made a bunch of hitups and tackles with no missed tackles in a very short time).

Last edited:
I haven't seen him play this year but I just wish that they would pick him at 6 and keep him there for a while,he played one game earlier this year there and we had a massive win.Don't know how he performed overall in that game but let him play there on a consistent basis.This is why we picked him up from rugby as I am aware so play him there for fxxx's sake.Is his front on defence too poor to play at 6?I also don't know why Amone Tufui (prop)is not being played at all,yeah probably carrying a bit of weight but this is Holden cup and a big unit off the bench would be helpful(think he played 2 games this year for about 10 min. and about 6 min. and he made a bunch of hitups and tackles with no missed tackles in a very short time).

Is defence is very poor does not like putting the body on the line at all. Tufui came back from off season a whopping 20kgs over weight .commitment ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is defence is very poor does not like putting the body on the line at all. Tufui came back from off season a whopping 20kgs over weight .commitment ?
Cheers @Hgbcds, if his defence and commitment to put his body on the line are that poor,maybe the only alternative is to play him at 6 in attack and have him drop back to 1 in defence?(if not then a guy who can't/wont defend will be shortlived at NRL level)Has Tufui lost any of the weight since preseason began?If not then that is seriously disappointing,he showed a lot of promise last year.....Sounds like Vave?Maybe Trent needs to have a chat if he is viewed as worth keeping,hopefully they don't kick him to the kerb yet but if he can't push himself away from the dinner table then it is what it is....

I do know from someone around Tom that he is really highly regarded. They know they have to be patient. I can't say who it is. They are thinking of playing him in outside backs eg wing and centre before slotting him into 5/8. Obviously form and injuries will change this, but I hear he is seen as a replacement for Green.

Considering the team last year that's a pretty impressive clip. Don't forget tommy played in an awsome nyc side that made the GF so if Wright had a team around him like that he would look even better.

The kid has real talent. Looks like he's always looking for an option which is nice.

Development time is all that's needed. Although I get a horrible feeling another side will come and pinch him and he will end up a superstar. Probably the cash strapped roosters.

I do know from someone around Tom that he is really highly regarded. They know they have to be patient. I can't say who it is. They are thinking of playing him in outside backs eg wing and centre before slotting him into 5/8. Obviously form and injuries will change this, but I hear he is seen as a replacement for Green.
I think you're hearing wrong (or it's information from last year before things went a little pear shaped) because if I could tell you who told me my information (I won't out of respect), there is no margin for error. He 100% got dropped last week before that match...the club are not happy with how he is coming along...not from a personal perspective (attitude, etc) but more from a footballing standpoint.

Considering the team last year that's a pretty impressive clip. Don't forget tommy played in an awsome nyc side that made the GF so if Wright had a team around him like that he would look even better.

The kid has real talent. Looks like he's always looking for an option which is nice.

Development time is all that's needed. Although I get a horrible feeling another side will come and pinch him and he will end up a superstar. Probably the cash strapped roosters.
He's definitely not going to be a superstar. A good player maybe.nothing special likely

I think you're hearing wrong (or it's information from last year before things went a little pear shaped) because if I could tell you who told me my information (I won't out of respect), there is no margin for error. He 100% got dropped last week before that match...the club are not happy with how he is coming along...not from a personal perspective (attitude, etc) but more from a footballing standpoint.
didn't see the game last week only the clip but he seems like he is trying to do much. He can play no doubt about it, still needs time.

Last edited:
This is the thing about our club all quick fix no vision. They bought a very talented rugby kid who many were chasing with no/limited league experience, he played something like half a dozen games last year within a poor team and produced some inconsistent results. Some great games where his skill was clearly evident others where he was mediocre typical of a kid who hadn't played the sport in something like 8 years with little support around him. This year through 5 rounds he has played 3 different positions and we wonder why he isn't a superstar yet. Give him a position, back him and let him develop. assess him after more than a dozen games of rugby league.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8