Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fluffy

Journey Man
Was the photo taken at the beginning of the run, at the midway, at the finish ... was it over 20m, 40m, 100m or 400m .. a 5km ... was it the first run through, the 2nd or the 10th. ...... doesn't matter ... make up anything and the photo proves it.

yes

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Was the photo taken at the beginning of the run, at the midway, at the finish ... was it over 20m, 40m, 100m or 400m .. a 5km ... was it the first run through, the 2nd or the 10th. ...... doesn't matter ... make up anything and the photo proves it.
The photo does prove that Tom Wright has the physical frame to make a name at NRL level .

Fluffy

Journey Man
Don't think that was in question, just the application, typically poor defenders in the 20's find it harder again against seasoned top liners.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Don't think that was in question, just the application, typically poor defenders in the 20's find it harder again against seasoned top liners.
I would like to see Wright in the trials against seasoned top liners before I start having any doubts about him . I am very confident he will excel .

Matt wright will start at centre with Kelly or Parker. TWright isn't ready for first grade yet but he will be. I personally think Parker will go on to play rep footy as a centre. Only 20 and has handled first grade admirably. Kelly might find himself on the wing when uate leaves next year.

Good problem to have. Stop arguing you nincompoops. Anyway. UFC 220 to watch.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I haven't seen much of Tom Wright at all, personally I would want him playing against men in reserve grade first before throwing him to the lions in a very tough position, because from what I did see, he struggled a bit in defence

Is a completely different beast altogether bringing down a 20s centre compared to bringing down a Konrad Hurrell type, can train at it a lot pre season but gameplay is a totally different beast

I can't say he is ready based solely on bodyshape etc, it proves nothing about football ability. Jamie Lyon was probably among the least athletic centres in the comp the last 10 years, but I rate him the best

I saw DCE play 20s and tbh, didn't think he would make, next time I saw him after a year in Qld Cup he was a completely different player and I'm hoping Tom Wright will be the same if looked after correctly, you can normally pick the guys who are ready straight away to go from 20s to NRL and Wright hasn't quite done that for me yet

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Whoever Barrett does go with to replace Walker while he is still in recovery.....I'm sure we'll all support them all the same. They'll be wearing a Manly jumper won't they?

But, in saying that, like I have said before I would be happier starting the season with some more experience. And if that means that Tom Wright has to initially take a back seat to players like Brian Kelly, Matty Wright or Brad Parker, so be it.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wayne Pearce got graded from “D” grade playing with kids straight into reserve grade during the last few games of the season. He was playing 1st Grade the following year in the trials and murdered them and played first grade from then onwards and the rest is history. Tom Wright needs to be tested in first grade sooner rather than later and the trials is the perfect time.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wayne Pearce? Hope you aren't clutching at straws to support your argument!

giphy.gif

Fluffy

Journey Man
Wayne Pearce got graded from “D” grade playing with kids straight into reserve grade during the last few games of the season. He was playing 1st Grade the following year in the trials and murdered them and played first grade from then onwards and the rest is history. Tom Wright needs to be tested in first grade sooner rather than later and the trials is the perfect time.

So most of us are in agreement, see how he goes in reserves just like Pearce.

Fluffy

Journey Man

So most of us are in agreement, see how he goes in reserves just like Pearce.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15