Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I wouldn't rest him. There's nothing wrong with him. That's what they say.

joeboy

Bencher
Groin injury or not, It’s Painful watching the great one struggle this year. He had to know he is off and largely ineffectual compared to other years. The club also has to know the current model is not worth the money.

I love turbo and I love what he brings to manly. But he ain’t right.

Watch the highlights, him loping on the wing at kick off is the safest and most unnatural thing I’ve ever seen. It’s like he doesn’t know he has kneecaps

Rafferty

Mug punter
I wouldn't rest him. There's nothing wrong with him. That's what they say.
Yer, I’ll take it with a grain salt, really hope his ok and can play, also hoping it doesn’t turn out to be another 3 week cork type scenario.

It is what it is I guess, the news sounds promising and Tom’s had enough bad luck for a while, so hopefully it’s a quick recovery.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Over all of the conjecture of
Hammy
Groin
Running style
America
Half hearted
Centre versus fullback

There is one and only one answer
Last time it happened we went on a winning streak and Tom gained notice as best player in the langue

BRING BACK HARRY ONE NIGHT LATE THIS WEEK

RACE THE CORSO

CONTRACT MONELY ON THE LINE

GO HOME AND HAVE A SHOWER

IF HARRY WINS TOMS OUT AND WE SIGN HARRY

All is good and well. Tommy and Shoey spotted training full contact today.

images - 2023-04-24T201419.517.jpeg

Eagle 1

First Grader
It's a Brookie game, and he wont want to miss a game at home especially against the Titans who appear to have a lot of cracks in there defensive line.

JBW

Reserve Grader
So he won't run properly because hes scared of tearing a hammy again, now he literally cannot run properly as he has a groin twinge.

Time for Tommy to take up wheelchair rugby!

In all seriousness, lets hope the groin is ok and he tears the Titans to shreds. Im being optimistic.

The Insomniac

Reserve Grader
So he won't run properly because hes scared of tearing a hammy again, now he literally cannot run properly as he has a groin twinge.

Time for Tommy to take up wheelchair rugby!

In all seriousness, lets hope the groin is ok and he tears the Titans to shreds. Im being optimistic.
Sorry mate. Your dreamin.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Great news obviously but bring Tommy in fresh for magic round, Weekes will have a blinder at fullback.
Yes, I agree. Turbo should be rested this week so that he is as fit as possible for the Broncos clash. Hopefully, Koula is back by then and Fainu is established as the bench backrower. To counter the Broncos' fast paced game, we need more mobility and less bash & barge in the forwards (IMO).

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
I wonder if there's any chance it was a bit of a wake up, as in he's so afraid of injury that he wants to come off at the first sign of a twinge only to discover its nothing?
I was at the game, in back play he didn’t want to come off but the trainer was insisting he come off, don’t know if that was shown on TV? Think the coaching staff were on the side of caution with the greasy field and making it worse when we had Garrick that can fill in.

He isn’t 100% and hasn’t looked natural all season but it’s going to take time to unwork 26 years or running a certain way and making the transition to the new style without thinking about it.

cc eagle

Bencher
I was at the game, in back play he didn’t want to come off but the trainer was insisting he come off, don’t know if that was shown on TV? Think the coaching staff were on the side of caution with the greasy field and making it worse when we had Garrick that can fill in.

He isn’t 100% and hasn’t looked natural all season but it’s going to take time to unwork 26 years or running a certain way and making the transition to the new style without thinking about it.
On tv they said he couldn't come off straight away as there was a scrum to pack, I think tom was indicating that to the trainer who wanted him to come off.

Brooke

Bencher
I just wonder sometimes if Tom was with a real professional club with professional resources and support staff would he have all these soft tissue injuries
I would have thought the Bulldogs were a well resourced club and they have heaps of injuries. kickowe picked up a couple of injuries at training.

Rocky

Bencher
Tom isn't right - probably physically and mentally. He certainly doesn't look like he is having fun out there.

What's the club and him going to do about it? Keep playing him in this condition hoping he comes good? That doesn't sound smart.

I'd be tempted to give him a couple of weeks off and freshen him up. Maybe even tell him to get out of Sydney for a week. Or whatever it is that will clear his head.

There is just too much pressure he is putting on himself right now.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
here is just too much pressure he is putting on himself right now.
He's a million dollar (plus) player, so pressure comes with the territory.
Keep doing exactly what we're doing, his presence on the field is always an advantage for Manly and his running will probably improve over time. He doesn't just have to get used to a new running style (or so we are told), he has to get used to using it in actual game conditions. Only one way to do that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13