Too Predictable and lack of Speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One more thing..

I normally think it's totally lame when a sports team/club comes out and apologises for sucky performances.. I think "You feel bad for the fans? Just win some freaking games!!".. But now being in those shoes, I still think they need to win some bloody games, but I feel like I need some kind of acknowledgement from the club that they ARE trying, and that they are doing something about it.

I feel so lame that it has gotten to this point

Everyone seems to be laying the blame on the players. At a game earlier in the year I was seated next to Max Krillich and was quite critical of Des as a coach...now not bagging him outright, but critical of a couple of things.

1) he called him "one dimensional"...and said that worked in 2008 but the game has moved on and he hasn't.
2) he also said that lots of "old players" (like Cliffy Lyons for example) have offered to come in and mentor the younger guys, that has been declined.
3) also said he takes NO advice from anyone, it's his ship and he will run it as he sees fit.

Note I am just passing on what I heard  eralier this year, whilst I enjoy my football I do not profess to know anything about coaching / team selection / tactics nor wish to make a judgement on what Maxie said BUT I do agree with the subject line, too predictable and a lack of line speed is killing our chances for back to back championships.

You didn't have to be Einstein to figure out Des was one dimensional. Just look at our attack, we rely on one move.....a second man play to a wide running fullback. That's OK when the fullback is the best player in the country, but when he is a fill in ex-winger it doesn't look so great.

I don't have a problem with him running the ship his way, that's called accountability. If he doesn't want to take advice then good on him for backing himself, there must be an endless stream of do-gooders wanting to throw their 2 cents worth in, especially when things aren't travelling so well. But he shouldn't completely blind himself to the possibility that there maybe some worthwhile help out there, just trying to filter out the bullsh!t is the hard part.

What I don't understand is him not wanting to get the old players involved. That's just ridiculous, if there is one thing that we are lacking this season is leadership and guidance from the player group. The loss of Menzies, Bell and Willo have been felt more than just on the field. Why not get some of the ex players involved, try and instill some sense of history and pride in the jumper. Maybe Des is a bit insecure and doesn't want too many footy knowledgable people floating around the club. But to me the mentoring idea sounds like a perfect fit if administered correctly.

When stuck, more than anything creative insight is needed. Effort as a solution is overrated.

Des is his own man and part of his strength is that he doesn't submit his personal power to an external authority. A rebel like many players and many here.  And that rebellion has worked for him. And can he similarly creatively rebel against his own current beliefs about what has worked in the past, or what he currently thinks should work, if it isn't working now? The question of adaptability is always a work in progress.

When he accepts and privileges the reality of what's here right now over any current thoughts and concepts, giving it his full attention, one-dimensionality is not an issue and creativity arises.  After all, compared to the reality of what's right here, right now, in front of our faces, our thoughts and concepts about it are just one-dimensional b/s. That's why I don't believe my postings. :)

The season is neither written off nor won just yet.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8