Too slow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Indian

Bencher
I was at the game last night and the Knights fans around me were all amazed that a slow poke like Jarod Mullen could run 80m.  They were not being smart they were genuinely amazed.

Anyone who stills reckons Robbo is fast (I'm not bagging he tries his best  ) is watching a different game to me.  Have been saying for weeks we are the slowest team in the comp - I bet no team in the league conceeds as many long range tries as we do.  If there is a clean break from a turnover its all over almost regardless of who gets the ball for the opposition.  Also MacDougall is 35 years old and he had enough time to have a picnic for that grubber kick try in the first half before Uate sharked him at the last moment... still he is quicker than most of our players.

Now I am not saying its all doom and gloom and the year is over - this is such a pathetically weak comp we are still some rough hope and we had no luck at all last night - we are better than what the score says last night. But I would feel much better if we had at least 1 player who has some pace at least for when intercepts or drop balls happen. 

The day when a forward runs 80m to score and outpaces our backs is not far away.    Somebody tell me there is somebody in our ranks anywhere Sunshine Coast/Toyota cup who has some speed. I am clutching at straws.

Indian man, I too was up there and the whole team is slow.  Especially getting off the tackled player.  King and Perry were absolutely diabolical in this regard.  They were so slow, I would have penalized them.  The whole team looked lazy and disinterested.  Newcastle were there to win, you could tell it from the kickoff.       

Ant80 link said:
Dean Whare - suppose to be as fast as Snake before the knee op

Blake Davey

Is that the same dean Whare that got run down by Sam Tagatese - a second rower come centre? 

the guy had a head start on the blokes, its hard to turn and chase after that, robbo also had to come from the other side of the field.

But agree we dont have any genuine speedsters in the side and it's a worry

Id give Michael Oldfield a go if we are going to move Robbo to fullback.
A real winger who makes plenty of metres, fast and bends the line.

We are slow at play the ball, we only seem to make 3 or 4 meters not 10 or more and then having to rush our kicks that end up in the oppositions lap.

We are slow moving up the defensive line, attacking teams are easily making 10 to 15 meters almost every tackle.

The intensity certainly isn't there as was displayed in the 2008 Grand Final win.

Agreed, it was horrible to watch.  Slow, slower and slowest just about summed it up, and it's been like this all year.  I know it's mentioned in another thread but George Rose.  What is going on?  He's so overweight  he struggles to get back in the defensive line after a tackle.  What is wrong there?   

Why are we so slow? Is it just our players have slowed down, or is part of our general lack of fitness we seem to have?

ads, we have lost our two quickest backline men for all of the season.  That said, I can't put my finger on why we are slow off the tackled player (penalty) and slow to get off the line in defense (try).  Last night was a bit of an aberration.  Newcastle came at us all night long, quick, brutal and smart and played perfect footie.  Losing Farah is not going to help.  Robbo is not a fullback.   

I said at the start of the year we were old and slow and got howled down about experience is much better. All that experience did stuff all last night.

All this talk of Robbo being slow, I am still not convinced, he can't have lost too much pace in the final 2 years surely, he was bloody sharp in 2008 and hasn't had any injuries ?

The talk has all stemmed from being run down twice up on the Goldy by Kevin Gordon who is lightning

What is Matt Shirvington up too these days ? Should offer him a contract

I agree KE, Robbo looks to have lost a tad of pace but not alot. He's a smart winger, gets in the right spots ala gf 2008, not much at running from dummy half

he's quite a big kid too Oldfield, likes getting in at dummy half and making metres. Remember watching agme last year and he took an awesome bomb and no one grabbed him, he ran 90 metres untouched. If farrar is out and Hoppa, Robbo at fullback with Whare and Oldfield on the wings with matai and lyon.

Could it be a fitness thing?

They mentioned it on the fox telecast last night that they looked like they were struggling.

Whatever the cause is I hope the address sooner than later.

Fox might have mentioned it, but it also was apparent when you looked at both teams.  One was sharp, focused and intent.  The other, just slow.

[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=184443.msg281084#msg281084 date=1280797867]

We are slow moving up the defensive line, attacking teams are easily making 10 to 15 meters almost every tackle.

[/quote

I have noticed this every week. Its frustrating as we seem to just stand there and wait for the attackers to run to us. Good thing i have no hair cause it would be pulled out by now.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8