Tooves decision making

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Hi all, good win last night ..... i was thinking how good it is that toovey unlike des is willing to make changes within the team, symonds really forced his hand , but jamie trained the whole off season for his spot in the run on side , only to have symonds come in and snatch it from under him at the last minute. My hats off to him , but i don't think things are going to get any easier for him with Stewart coming back...... he also seems really down to earth and approachable by the media, a long shot from des and his interviews he used to give, we look strong if we stay fit...hes to a big 2013.

I wasn't sure how Toovey would go as head coach but he seems to be relishing the role. I spoke to him half way through 2012 and I know he put a lot of planning into the recruitment, and the way he has the team out of the blocks so fast in 2013 has very pleasantly surprised me.

I actually feared we may have a bit of a slide this year. It is only early days but there is obviously still heaps of improvement in our team. The enthusiasm in defence is most exciting. That is one thing the Tigers have lacked for about the last 8 years.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I wasn't sure how Toovey would go as head coach but he seems to be relishing the role. I spoke to him half way through 2012 and I know he put a lot of planning into the recruitment, and the way he has the team out of the blocks so fast in 2013 has very pleasantly surprised me.

I actually feared we may have a bit of a slide this year. It is only early days but there is obviously still heaps of improvement in our team. The enthusiasm in defence is most exciting. That is one thing the Tigers have lacked for about the last 8 years.

No slide in sight. It'll take another superleague to cause one for manly.

My only major fear is he the type of personality that can maintain discipline long term after the experienced players that have been conditioned to think and act this way move on.(that aura i mentioned before that obviously takes time to develop and harness)

I had a small concern before last season started whether he would be a smart innovative coach but i noticed enough during last season to suggest he has a great footy brain and even more so this season.

Isn't it usually the more experienced members of a team that can undermine a coach's authority and discipline? Anyway, I wouldn't underestimate his determination or single-mindedness. With a physical stature like Toovey's, no-one could have such a decorated playing career in league without having outstanding mental toughness.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7