Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well that confirms the worst kept secret in the NRL.

Looking forward to seeing what Barrett brings to the table. And I hope Tooves is given only the best treatment when he finishes up. Even if he isn't the greatest coach he is a great club man.

This is as sad as losing a Grand Final, if not even sadder!
Can't agree with that sentiment.

Tooves is an outstanding Manly man and he's done very well over 4 seasons as head coach, obviously with 2015 being the toughest year by far.

I've met Geoff and enjoyed his company and I believe he has handled the team and the public part of his role extremely well.

However, moving him on as head coach does not bring a tear to my eye.

I want Manly back challenging for the title asap, and if smarter footy folk than I believe this will help, I hope they are right.

Of note is that neither Bozo nor Arko (both huge supporters of Tooves) have been opposed to this move.

Congrats on what you achieved Tooves, now go out and leave as much egg on faces as possible!

Go Manly!

Last edited:
Fair call:

“Geoff has been an influential figure within the Sea Eagles organisation for almost three decades. His contribution on and off the field is unprecedented, and he will always be one of the club’s favourite sons,’’ Sea Eagles chief executive Joe Kelly said.

“Geoff and the club remain firmly committed to finishing this season off on the highest possible note.”

Seriously? How many first time coaches get to take over a team fresh off a premiership?

You may have noticed there was a little turmoil at the club after that 2011 premiership, which any fair minded person would say was tough for the coach to manage.

Do the phrases "get out clause" or "back ended contracts" ring any bells?

Wish Dan had a ****wit rating.

Thought the same thing. Could use the like function and put a d**k in it for w**ker.

With the nasties out of the way Thanks for the effort Tooves, you can hold your head up high in the way you have deflected the negativity and continued to give 100% for the club. Proud to have had him as a FG coach and his standing as a club legend has gone up in stature.

TB welcome to the fold and looking fwd to what you can bring to the club and hopefully be able to move the club fwd in a positive way.

Immense pressure on Barrett from day one to make the team a sucess again.

What will be Penn's do if we are still in the same position on the ladder next year? Sack barrett?

So if Barret is 7 from 11 at this time next year is he gone as well?

Tooves had less than 1 bad season with runs already on the board so surely Barret and others will have the same conditions........

Very sad day indeed for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles - I will be 'unfriending' them on their facebook. Thanks Tooves for all your blood, sweat and tears.

I will back Barrett all the way next year but i agree there is going to be massive pressure on him to get us back in the top 8 as a minimum. He will not get any leniency from the fans like ex Manly players would. Toovey is a club legend and the way this has been handled is disgusting but times change and sometimes change can be a very good thing.

Immense pressure on Barrett from day one to make the team a sucess again.

What will be Penn's do if we are still in the same position on the ladder next year? Sack barrett?

Seriously I agree with you for me Barrett has loads of pressure on him and in my mind rightly justifiable , if we don't make top 6 next year then I will really question his appointment.

I say welcome Trent but you are going to have to work super hard to gain the respect from members like myself which I have for our now former coach. I want to you to be standing up for this club, bleeding and giving it to the media like our former coach did.

Wish Dan had a ****wit rating.

C'mon mate that's a bit harsh

The poor guy has absolutely nothing going for him in his life, other than trolling a league forum and making up numerous personalities so he can have a chat with himself and live under the pretense that somebody in this world cares about his opinion

Leave him be and let him have the only thing that he has going for him

You'd think that if Barrett turns out to be a dud they'll make a big play for Hasler.

If memory serves Hasler was on the same page as the Penns, and it was the Quantum side that he hated.

Personal pride.
Yeh, that's what normal people would think. Tooves is a transcendent figure though, I really think he has the best interests of the club at heart and would see that having a manly man on staff is imperative to our future success. I think he'd swallow personal pride to show Baz the ropes and restore some stability to the organisation. Only reason I can think is Barrett sees him as a political threat to his job security and as such doesn't want him there.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7