Toovey Interview this morning on players contracts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No, I tend to agree. if only we still had a strong, profitable and influential leagues club.

If the Penn/Peters duumvirate succeeds in removing Toovey, I will be thinking very long and hard about extending my season membership.

Could we petition someone like jackman and a few other. How many legends are going to ****ed over by zorba/penn.
Bag maxxy as anyone will but he did not get not involved just loved the club. Sorry but we need our club back.
Simply has not worked, they are killing the club culture.

Toovey really looked uncomfortable answering the endless questions about DCE and Foz, the strain on him is incredible and I really hope that the Owner and CEO of the club are keeping him in the loop, what has been dished up to him of late is so unfair.

I get the impression that Tooves wants to "concentrate on football" LOL.

I am bloody concerned the ceo and owner overule the coach. **** over this ****, this has been going on since 2011. The ownership model is appauling, sorry but tell me penn and kelly released this info while toovs was at fox how ****ed is that.
This mob will not end till hasler is back, only problem 6 years of infighting will kill morale and our champion squad will leave.
Foz is a champion and a competitor but our team will be lesser without DCE. I am concerned if foz cannot kick field goals or 40/20s or break the line.
I am not bagging but we need to look past the bull****, dce is the best emerging half in the game and only going to get better. Foran is the perfect foil for a off the cuff half kiwis johnson and dce manly.
Foz strength is he is very direct, goes to line. Now will this change now it seems dce is gone, can he get better.
I am concerned that our club has been ruined by the private ownership model post max delmerge just imo shoot me down if you will.

I agree. What the hell is going on with the management of this club. Is Joe Kelly a complete idiot or does he have a hidden agenda? After the drama last year and player unrest over Glen Stewart being let go to Souths, the first thing Kelly is does is sign a Souths forward without consulting Toovey. This is then leaked to the media to undermine Toovey. Now he decides to withdraw the clubs offer to our star halfback without telling Toovey he was going to do it and all this happens and is made public in the short period of time that Toovey is appearing live on NRL360.

The fact that the Daily Telegraph is singing the praises of Joe Kelly does not sit well with me.

The decisions being made since March 2014 in this club can only make me think that the sole owners have an agenda to either relocate the license to another city/state or basically sink the whole club. These are suicidal decisions reflecting an anterior agenda for the future of this club. Letting Gift and Choc go may have appeared to be harsh but necessary decisions in order to keep the future. Now the future is about to walk out the door then WTF is there going to be left. In 2 years Brett, Jamie & Stevie will be gone too. Will this club still be here ?

Of course it will. We will have bunch of no-names giving their all for the club they love, getting thrashed weekly, and everyone here will be thrilled again to have a team they can be proud of.

Of course it will. We will have bunch of no-names giving their all for the club they love, getting thrashed weekly, and everyone here will be thrilled again to have a team they can be proud of.
Ohh so we're going to be the Northern Eagles playing out of Gosford then are we!!!!

Bag maxxy as anyone will but he did not get not involved just loved the club. .
Really. You never heard of a bloke called Michael Monaghan?
Face it, if you a millionaire who owns a footy team you are going to want to make some calls, every one of us here would if we had the chance.

I really am not liking anything that is going on in the club at the moment. This whole Penn takeover was supposed to bring stability, all i have seen is pie in the sky crap about Brookie upgrades and ten year plans, all whilst a club legend like Toovey is being made to look like he is clueless and having to front media on several occasions about stuff he is not privy to. He is sending an different message to the one that Penn and Kelly are, so which one is it?

Joe Kelly I am going to give you a bit of advice. You are not at Souths or Chelsea anymore. You don't have a bloke above you that can front the media like Richo. If you are trying or even facilitating a behind the scenes move to remove Toovey or make him look inept. The fans will desert you and your owners in droves. The one thing that we prided ourselves on all these years was that no matter what any other bastard thought about us, we never screwed our own. We even gave Peter Sharp his full tenure and he was rubbish. Our culture has been built on the back of us not being a club that screws over coaches and gets into a rut swapping them out like the Tigers, Raiders. It would be a different story if we missed the finals for the last 2 years but lord knows we haven't. Your mate Scott might think that bringing Hasler back is the right thing. Well if he is thinking about that it better be after Toovey's contract. And if you manage to stuff up these contract negotiations and we lose both of them. You will wish you were back in Chelsea.

I agree. What the hell is going on with the management of this club. Is Joe Kelly a complete idiot or does he have a hidden agenda? After the drama last year and player unrest over Glen Stewart being let go to Souths, the first thing Kelly is does is sign a Souths forward without consulting Toovey. This is then leaked to the media to undermine Toovey. Now he decides to withdraw the clubs offer to our star halfback without telling Toovey he was going to do it and all this happens and is made public in the short period of time that Toovey is appearing live on NRL360.

The fact that the Daily Telegraph is singing the praises of Joe Kelly does not sit well with me.

Well its good to see some of you getting it now. Kelly the yes man and Penn and Zorba on an agenda to get control of the every thing including the football department. Tooves stood up to Zorba and Penn before and now he will pay. Joe kelly and Penn with Zorba will pick the team.
I said weeks ago the slow burn was under 2v. Now its there for all to see. Penn and Zorba will stuff this club in one season and it will take a 10 year plan to get it back where we were.

The decisions being made since March 2014 in this club can only make me think that the sole owners have an agenda to either relocate the license to another city/state or basically sink the whole club. These are suicidal decisions reflecting an anterior agenda for the future of this club. Letting Gift and Choc go may have appeared to be harsh but necessary decisions in order to keep the future. Now the future is about to walk out the door then WTF is there going to be left. In 2 years Brett, Jamie & Stevie will be gone too. Will this club still be here ?
Wow full blown paranoia! What indication is there that they want to move the club! It's in the constitution. They would need every single member to vote with them unanimously. It is not possible to move the club

I then I saw part of an interview where watmough said something along the lines of us having gotten rid of the trouble making half of the partnership. So I can only assume from his perspective he left because of the Quantum connection.

If I follow that way of thinking...the Penn's (on their own) would have kept Gift, Choc would of stayed and Foz might still be happy. And where does Cherry Evans fit into the equation ?

I'm not looking to play the blame game...I'm just trying to piece some of the puzzle together.

I then I saw part of an interview where watmough said something along the lines of us having gotten rid of the trouble making half of the partnership. So I can only assume from his perspective he left because of the Quantum connection.

If I follow that way of thinking...the Penn's (on their own) would have kept Gift, Choc would of stayed and Foz might still be happy. And where does Cherry Evans fit into the equation ?

I'm not looking to play the blame game...I'm just trying to piece some of the puzzle together.

How does that work with Foz. I dont think he is staying. I think he is only waiting until we play Parra . After that he will say he is going there next year. He wont say now as all the attention will be on him going there as a lead up to this game. His current team mates would be filthy with him.
When he or cherry go or both, Penn ,Zorba and yes man Kelly will blame 2v. . Just wait and see.

I wonder if Arko ever regrets forking out that paltry transfer fee to Parramatta back in late '68, that secured the services of the Greek?

Money poorly spent and a strategic disaster nearly five decades on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6