Toovey not getting the best out of TREX, but Hasler WILL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When we started to see the aggression last year, was when his form went through the roof

What that also brought though, was at least 3-4 judiciary charges over the space of probably 15-18 games.

There could be a chance that the 7 weeks had made him a bit guny shy in this area I guess

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
When we started to see the aggression last year, was when his form went through the roof

What that also brought though, was at least 3-4 judiciary charges over the space of probably 15-18 games.

There could be a chance that the 7 weeks had made him a bit guny shy in this area I guess

Personally, I think our fluctuating form is due to the players' desire. They reached the pinacle last year and it's hard to maintain motivation every week. That's why no team in recent times has gone BtoB.
I think some of our players feel they just need to go through the motions to have the same result as last season. Suddenly, last match, the realisation came that they had to lift - and they did. We need more adventurous ad-lib play. Most of our tries last week came from doing something unexpected.
If Toovey has them under a tight leash then he needs to loosen the reigns, and let them become creative.

Personally, I think our fluctuating form is due to the players' desire. They reached the pinacle last year and it's hard to maintain motivation every week. That's why no team in recent times has gone BtoB.
I think some of our players feel they just need to go through the motions to have the same result as last season. Suddenly, last match, the realisation came that they had to lift - and they did. We need more adventurous ad-lib play. Most of our tries last week came from doing something unexpected.
If Toovey has them under a tight leash then he needs to loosen the reigns, and let them become creative.

I think a few players are just doing the time until next year.

I seem to see 6 guys doing a lot and dont seem to see much of anyone esle.

I think a few players are just doing the time until next year.

I seem to see 6 guys doing a lot and dont seem to see much of anyone esle.

Just looks like his attitude is down and his injury still could be bothering him. I remember in the Parra game where he was passed the ball with some open space in front of him and he just threw a long cut out pass instead because he didnt feel like running it, shows where his head is atm.

Just looks like his attitude is down and his injury still could be bothering him. I remember in the Parra game where he was passed the ball with some open space in front of him and he just threw a long cut out pass instead because he didnt feel like running it, shows where his head is atm.

He should have all of the energy in the world run the ball because he lets the rest of the pack do all of the tackling.

He should have all of the energy in the world run the ball because he lets the rest of the pack do all of the tackling.

bones said:
gotsy said:
This jibberish talk from Manly fans that they hate Hasler and he's a sh*t coach is ridiculous. Lets face it, he got us to 3 grand finals, won 2 of them. Personally I still have a soft spot for him and have no hard feelings at all. It wasnt the best way he went, but at the end of the day he wanted a new challenge and went for it. Good luck to him. For anyone to think he would stay at Manly his whole coaching career is as stupid as f***. It would be great to see him back at Manly one day. He is a master, no doubt about it. Looks what he did with our team (back in 2005 we were a rubbish team) and he transformed us around. Now he's doing wonders with the bulldogs after they couldnt even beat a reserve grade team last year. And I think 98% of manly fans that say they dont like him anymore, know deep down that they really do and wont admit it.

No one said he is a s**t coach. I think he is the best coach in the NRL but that doesn't mean I like the guy. I definitely have no soft spot for him. He is filth that happens to be a great coach. Anyone at the Bulldogs is filth IMO.

Yes filth FILTH!!!

bones said:
gotsy said:
This jibberish talk from Manly fans that they hate Hasler and he's a sh*t coach is ridiculous. Lets face it, he got us to 3 grand finals, won 2 of them. Personally I still have a soft spot for him and have no hard feelings at all. It wasnt the best way he went, but at the end of the day he wanted a new challenge and went for it. Good luck to him. For anyone to think he would stay at Manly his whole coaching career is as stupid as f***. It would be great to see him back at Manly one day. He is a master, no doubt about it. Looks what he did with our team (back in 2005 we were a rubbish team) and he transformed us around. Now he's doing wonders with the bulldogs after they couldnt even beat a reserve grade team last year. And I think 98% of manly fans that say they dont like him anymore, know deep down that they really do and wont admit it.

No one said he is a s**t coach. I think he is the best coach in the NRL but that doesn't mean I like the guy. I definitely have no soft spot for him. He is filth that happens to be a great coach. Anyone at the Bulldogs is filth IMO.

Yes filth FILTH!!!

t-rex needs an off season labotomy. The day he winds up with a footballer's brain look out. Teams are targeting him really well, ensuring there are 3 or more defenders ready for him wherever he stands on the field 90% of the time. he needs to roam, sneak around, go looking for the ball and combat that. that's when he will be at his dominating best. it'll happen. hopefully we get more than a glimpse of it before he's off.
I actually don't think he'll be as dominant at canterbury, if it is laziness as we kinda suspect, isn't it only going to get worse when he can just let kasiano and graham to the up the middle power runs they are so good at. they've got a solid pack as it is, so if he continues to wait for the ball, he'll hardly see it.

t-rex needs an off season labotomy. The day he winds up with a footballer's brain look out. Teams are targeting him really well, ensuring there are 3 or more defenders ready for him wherever he stands on the field 90% of the time. he needs to roam, sneak around, go looking for the ball and combat that. that's when he will be at his dominating best. it'll happen. hopefully we get more than a glimpse of it before he's off.
I actually don't think he'll be as dominant at canterbury, if it is laziness as we kinda suspect, isn't it only going to get worse when he can just let kasiano and graham to the up the middle power runs they are so good at. they've got a solid pack as it is, so if he continues to wait for the ball, he'll hardly see it.

gotsy said:
And I think 98% of manly fans that say they dont like him anymore, know deep down that they really do and wont admit it.

103% of Manly fans dont like other teams. How do you like them numbers!!!!!
I think 72% of people think statistics are silly.

gotsy said:
And I think 98% of manly fans that say they dont like him anymore, know deep down that they really do and wont admit it.

103% of Manly fans dont like other teams. How do you like them numbers!!!!!
I think 72% of people think statistics are silly.

Trex took a hit up of a tap against the Warriors in the 2nd half, made about 15 metres and had about 4 players hanging off him.

Much as I respect Hasler, Toovey can't be blamed for his loss of form, Trex has played for NSW & Australia so why would he need instructions on how to run onto a ball.

It must come down to attitude or as some have said not having his head right.

Perhaps the decision to chase the dollars and leave his mates is playing on his mind.

Trex took a hit up of a tap against the Warriors in the 2nd half, made about 15 metres and had about 4 players hanging off him.

Much as I respect Hasler, Toovey can't be blamed for his loss of form, Trex has played for NSW & Australia so why would he need instructions on how to run onto a ball.

It must come down to attitude or as some have said not having his head right.

Perhaps the decision to chase the dollars and leave his mates is playing on his mind.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6