Toovey signs .....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is so, so depressing.
It's my biggest fear about a coach with no Manly background. So many are taught to hate us before they walk.
Where is the cafe? When did this happen? If it happened in the Gong three years ago then NBD. Hopefully Barret takes over our club and does the same in a local cafe if he sees someone in another clubs jersey. He's now a top level coach. To expect him to not be 100% behind our club and passionate about it is ridiculous.

@yokahontas provide some context for this if you can.

Where is the cafe? When did this happen? If it happened in the Gong three years ago then NBD. Hopefully Barret takes over our club and does the same in a local cafe if he sees someone in another clubs jersey. He's now a top level coach. To expect him to not be 100% behind our club and passionate about it is ridiculous.

@yokahontas provide some context for this if you can.

Yeah, they live in the Illawarra. I don't know how recently Mum has spoken to him, they see him around all the time. I was just making the point, she thinks he's a tosser, she's had a few run-ins that have given her that impression, so she's entitled to her opinion. I don't buy into the 'just because Manly signs them you have to support them' thing either - there are certain players, for example, I'd never support.

Mate

Lives south of the gong on the beach

Eats fish and chips with tomato Saudi and scallop bread rolls from the closest shop

I can tell you that he is committed and always has been good for a sledge but he can give it back

He has copped good hearted ribbing from all his mates and neibours but is driven to succeed and I reckon will

I mentioned before he can't surf for crap but is a committed league tragic and wants to win and enjoys a laugh

I reckon the playing group will enjoy his country boy style and what he has to offer

I wish Tooves was staying but he ain't

I won't post again on him but I have had enough of coffee shop chatter

Probably not the right thread to anyway

Go manly
Welcome baz
Good luck

Yeah, they live in the Illawarra. I don't know how recently Mum has spoken to him, they see him around all the time. I was just making the point, she thinks he's a tosser, she's had a few run-ins that have given her that impression, so she's entitled to her opinion. I don't buy into the 'just because Manly signs them you have to support them' thing either - there are certain players, for example, I'd never support.
I met Barrett with the Nrl development squad in 2011, out at Tara, QLD , aka Woop Woop. Upon request he actually wrote 'Go the Sea Eagles' and signed it for me. He did look a bit stunned but he did it for me. It was a bit of fun as my Sharkies workmate insisted he wouldn't do it as he had no association with Manly. Later that year we won the comp of course.
Barrett was great with the kids. They behaved perfectly (extremely rare) as they were captivated by the presence of a recently retired Nrl star. He answered all questions professionally, no matter how weird they were and kept driving home the message of working hard to reach your goals.
He was happy to chat with staff and be in a million photographs. Many of the female staff appreciated the fact that he's quite seriously good looking.
100% Toovey for me. I really wish club circumstances were different and the little general could have played out his contract in full. Such a shame that he won't get that opportunity.
Next year there's no choice but to accept Trent as our coach and hope he turns out well.

That includes players too. But they come here and learn the truth then they want to stay.
That's why he could be good for us. If he wants to be a career coach, I doubt he'll deliberately undermine himself because he supposedly hates Manly.
Without his Manly-coloured glasses on, he's more likely to make the tough calls that could ultimately benefit us.

Have you heard ‘Denis Carnahan - Oh Manly’ by ABC_Grandstand
https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/denis-carnahan-oh-manly?utm_source=soundcloud

Oh Manly, You sent Tooves Away :mad:

Oh Manly, by Denis Carnahan ABC

He played for Manly all his life
All gravelly voiced and crazy eyed

He Captained NSW
He Captained Australia
Then when he retired
He became your Trainer

When Dessie Hasler walked away
Toovey took the Coaching reigns

You made the Semis every year
That's cause for celebration

Why the hell d'you let him go
There's got to be an investigation

Oh Manly!for 3 decades he played,coached and trained you
But you sent him away

Oh Manly! in this game there is no one who hates you
More than you hate yourself

Oh Manly! seems like Toovey was backed by the Players
And they won yesterday

Oh Manly! so divided by Boardroom betrayals
So you ditched Tooves

Oh Manly!

Last edited:
Have you heard ‘Denis Carnahan - Oh Manly’ by ABC_Grandstand
https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/denis-carnahan-oh-manly?utm_source=soundcloud

Oh Manly, You sent Tooves Away :mad:

Oh Manly, by Denis Carnahan ABC

He played for Manly all his life
All gravelly voiced and crazy eyed

He Captained NSW
He Captained Australia
Then when he retired
He became your Trainer

When Dessie Hasler walked away
Toovey took the Coaching reigns

You made the Semis every year
That's cause for celebration

Why the hell d'you let him go
There's got to be an investigation

Oh Manly!for 3 decades he played,coached and trained you
But you sent him away

Oh Manly! in this game there is no one who hates you
More than you hate yourself

Oh Manly! seems like Toovey was backed by the Players
And they won yesterday

Oh Manly! so divided by Boardroom betrayals
So you ditched Tooves

Oh Manly!
That is excellent. Thanks so much for posting.

Brilliant, I'd love to hear that around the ground . Imagine if everyone had that song playing on there phones at once 10 mins before followed by eagle rock
Maybe too many wines but I love the song

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4