Top 3 most memorable cities or towns you have visited in the world

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have been lucky enough to have travelled extensively and seen some amazing places. Would love to hear what others put in their in their all time favourite places visited and why, you never know, you just may just end travelling there on your next trip.

1. Chamonix, France. Hands down the most beautiful place I have ever seen. After a day of skiing, having apres drinks in this traditional French Alps village looking up at the awe inspiring Mont Blanc towering over you. Even if you don't ski, put this place on your bucket list

2. Granada, Spain. Located in the south of Spain, this place was the last Moorish stronghold so the the gorgeous architecture is heavily influenced by its conquerors. Check out the stunning Alhambra castle, enjoy a Turkish Hamman bath then pick your favourite bar along the cobbled lane streets and forget about paying for food as tapas are free with every drink purchase, yep, the Spanish have it figured out.

3. St Petersburg, Russia. The architecture of this city is something else, even the subways look like museums. Was there during white nights when the sun doesn't fully set so the endless vodka nights were especially unforgiving! Needed a chiro when I got home for my neck because I was constantly looking back, red blooded males will figure out why.

So apart from being at Brookie when Manly pulled off one of the greatest escapes against Penrith in 2014 with (th)Soward blaming the time keeper whats your top 3 ....

chamonix.jpg

Last edited:
Way too many amazing places in my travels :)

But these 3 are on the return list :inlove:

Moorea - surrounded by the most indescribable hues of green and blue water
moorea.jpg

Andorra la Vella - surrounded by the Pyrenees so close and majestic
andorra-la-vella-1024x681.jpg

Firenze - art, design, food and ability to walk in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and the Medici
images

1) Parramatta: from the moment one leaves the train station into the stench of seething humanity in the Westfield basement, and emerges at street level to 3rd world grade dirt, it’s clear one isn’t in Sydney any more.

2) Melbourne: under grey skies the cool people are completely sports mad. They love their afl, tennis, cricket and netball. Not so sure about their “rugby” though.

3) Brisbane: the broncos are all pervasive and can do no wrong. Even when they are out of the 8. History buffs will be intrigued to learn that archaeologists have discovered evidence of a thriving and diverse rugby league culture that existed prior to 1988. Artefacts and oral traditions suggest that there were many rugby league teams all across the Brisbane area in days gone by.

(Soon to be moved to the general forum) but anyway, in no particular order.
New York - I'm not a city person but I would happily move there. So much to do, easy to get around and something for everyone. Has it's problems, but so do all cities.
Sacred Valley - Cuzco, Peru. The history and scope of things is amazing - you really need to get away from the crowds to appreciate it though
Scotland (Perthshire somewhere?). I've never felt more at home than when I lived there (I did miss the footy though). Hard to narrow it down specifically, but this area has so much amazing scenery without being far from civilisation (+ the whisky is good)

Some others I won't forget:
The Julien Alps
Most of Switzerland and Austria
Matera, Italy
Sarajevo
Hanoi
Kosciusko NP and the high country

Have been lucky enough to have travelled extensively and seen some amazing places. Would love to hear what others put in their in their all time favourite places visited and why, you never know, you just may just end travelling there on your next trip.

1. Chamonix, France. Hands down the most beautiful place I have ever seen. After a day of skiing, having apres drinks in this traditional French Alps village looking up at the awe inspiring Mont Blanc towering over you. Even if you don't ski, put this place on your bucket list

2. Granada, Spain. Located in the south of Spain, this place was the last Moorish stronghold so the the gorgeous architecture is heavily influenced by its conquerors. Check out the stunning Alhambra castle, enjoy a Turkish Hamman bath then pick your favourite bar along the cobbled lane streets and forget about paying for food as tapas are free with every drink purchase, yep, the Spanish have it figured out.

3. St Petersburg, Russia. The architecture of this city is something else, even the subways look like museums. Was there during white nights when the sun doesn't fully set so the endless vodka nights were especially unforgiving! Needed a chiro when I got home for my neck because I was constantly looking back, red blooded males will figure out why.

So apart from being at Brookie when Manly pulled off one of the greatest escapes against Penrith in 2014 with (th)Soward blaming the time keeper whats your top 3 ....

View attachment 12388
Have to admit I’m keen on Chamonix too. One of my goals is to do to the UTMB.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8