Top 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think we have the depth to be top 4, in fact where we are now simply amazes me but I think even position 4 is a bridge too far.

I don't think it's lack of desire, or bad coaching, just every other club has 1.4 million ( or thereabouts) more depth than we do and that's a big big advantage.

So proud of their achievements to date, and to finish in the top 8 ( which I think they'll do) is far far more than I expected , but top 4..........optimistic at best!
I can understand what you are saying but ....
We have already over achieved by currently being in the TOP 4
He have got to the top 4 with our winning momentum .
Once a team has a winning momentum it has a snowball affect and with every win it gathers confidence , character , resilience , stronger bond and belief in one another , and a winning legacy and now that we have this we will be hard to stop.
The top 4 position is ours and we are not going to let the bastards take it away from us !!!
1492781849129.png

Good point. My earlier point is that we are in a much better position at this stage of the season than last.

And clearly the team is getting better at not only putting the cleaners through some sides, but competing and winning some tight games against other good sides.

For example, you have to back to at least 2014 to the last time Manly beat Canberra twice in one season. Which was also of course the last time Manly made the finals.

Last edited:
I still think we've got a fight on our hands for the top 8.

We've got a lot of top teams to play and of the ones outside the 8, we have to play at Leichhardt and Penrith and I don't have a good feeling about those games.

Let's try for the top 8 first.
I say let us not drop our top 4 standards
Aim high above the mark ( top 8 ) to hit the mark ( top 4 ) !!!
In the end you get what you ask for
Seek and you will find
We aim high because we are the Manly high flying Sea eagles
untitled.png

Top eight would be a massive achievement. Noticed the change in attitude about the team last night on this forum. Many complaints about how we played but FFS we won !!! How many of us would have been happy to complain about an ugly victory at the start of the year? Top eight, top four to be honest doesn't really matter to me. Injuries aside, there is a real X-factor building about this squad. God, I love Manly ! and yes I have had too many red wines tonight !

These quotes from Uate are outstanding and the way he is playing I actually believe he means it !!!

"I've got three kids, my wife's settled in Manly. I wake up every morning, look at them going to school with a smile on their face and it puts a smile on my face to go to training every day.

"It means a lot to get a win, we needed that win no matter what. It doesn't really matter [who it was against], it was not about me and Newcastle, it's about Manly – we needed that two points before the bye."

These quotes from Uate are outstanding and the way he is playing I actually believe he means it !!!

"I've got three kids, my wife's settled in Manly. I wake up every morning, look at them going to school with a smile on their face and it puts a smile on my face to go to training every day.

"It means a lot to get a win, we needed that win no matter what. It doesn't really matter [who it was against], it was not about me and Newcastle, it's about Manly – we needed that two points before the bye."

Can't believe I'm going to say this about Uate BUT " spoken like a true Manly player"!!!!

Our for and against is healthy so with 4 more wins we make the top 8, providing we aren't flogged in those losses.

Top 4 is definitely achievable just need to keep digging in and playing for 80 mins.

Comparing to last year we really did have a horror run of injuries to critical players at critical times. The stability of fielding virtually the same team every week has shown the value of it. I'd like to see a list of number of players used verses final ladder as I'm sure there's a very close correlation there. But basically I reckon if we can have minimal injuries with our current form and spirit we are a decent chance to make the top 4.

So if we finish top 4, given 1M of cap not able to be spent, does Barrett deserve some kudos?

Barrett has deserved some kudos for his efforts for Manly thus far, considering the circumstances of last year.....

2017 is proving to be the Waterloo for the non-believers, thus far, anyway.

Love to make the 4 and its a chance. But conservatively I'm going for 30-32 points, which would put us around the 5-8 range.

Who above us on the ladder is going to fall over? Broncos have a tough draw and some injury concerns. Of the other teams above us who is most likely to loose form?

We have a pretty tough run so will be happy with the 8 however as long as have no major injuries this team will never lie down so you never know.

I can understand what you are saying but ....
We have already over achieved by currently being in the TOP 4
He have got to the top 4 with our winning momentum .
Once a team has a winning momentum it has a snowball affect and with every win it gathers confidence , character , resilience , stronger bond and belief in one another , and a winning legacy and now that we have this we will be hard to stop.
The top 4 position is ours and we are not going to let the bastards take it away from us !!!
View attachment 5656
i wonder if thats what the knights supporters were thinking after their round 1 win!:giggle:

To me it was a pipe dream.

Now its a reality and will be be a little disappointed to finish 5th or 6th.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8