Toying with the idea of a live score email and SMS -. your thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Well since we have set up twitter and facebook, we are running some more tests on our live score system to make sure it is up to scratch with the scores.

I needed to make a slight adjustment to them from last week but should run through until the end now,

As such I  was thinking about sending out a live score email for anyone who wants to subscribe to it. This would be free depending on the numbers we get.

I was also thinking that I may implement an SMS service and allow the system to send out a live score SMS maybe 4 times per game, or everytime the score changes. This would incur a cost to me and as such would past the cost on to you the receiver obviously, but wondering if there would be any interest in this?

Cheers
Dan

Nothing negative about your idea as I am sure some will be interested - but not for me Dan. I'll either be at the game or watching it on TV 99 times out of a 100. Cheers.

Would really depend on the cost I suppose, and from a logistical point of view for you billing, but i think the idea is good.

the sms idea is a good idea, as earlier said by others I would probably only use it when i have no way of watching the game and then it just would depend on the cost.

Yeah, have apps/twitter/web on my phone, so i personally wouldnt need sms or email updates

Don't want to tell you the best way to get live updates as am not keen on taking business away from Dan, but phone applications are absolutely useless.

Even when you are using an application that you pay for, they don't offer live updates, are inaccurate & slow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8