Trail Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly won 18-4 and looked good, Lyon did most of the plays and kicking plus fed most of the scrums. Foran played well Trex looked good

Just got back from shark park, a little drunk and very wet! Was some pretty greasy football and a bit of passion, Perry getting involved in a good little stouch that saw the sharks player off for 10.

Killer def the dominant playmaker. Side was pretty solid with good defence however sharks were pretty bad, cuthbo played alright for them. Tony Williams impressed for mine, up in their faces playing centre and scored a nice try.

If a couple of set plays had of stuck snake would have had a couple of four pointers to his name as well...

Solid effort overall

How did hodko and foran go?

Did either of them show as being more dominant?

I know that a lot of people say that there isn't a lot of difference between half and 5/8 but I think there is a lot to be said about having a team with a dominant 5/8 and could work well for us if we have powerful centres firing

Sea Eagles NRL squad win first trial match against Cronulla Sharks
Jessica Ivers at Shark Park

Friday, 12 February 2010
Rain was hammering down as the players took to the field but the many faithful fans that turned up to watch the game were in full voice.
The crowd of 3,126 stuck it out in the rain, and although it was only a trial match, it was fiery game.
Terence Seu Seu was delivering some big hits to his former team mates as the Sea Eagles NRL squad had their first trial for 2010.
The slippery conditions took a little getting used to by Manly and errors were a common in each set.
The Sharks were making ground on the Sea Eagles and on a number of occasions got close to the try line.
Youngster Will Hopoate was giving his all. Other new players to the squad including Darcy Lussick, Jamie Buhrer and Trent Hodkinson were showing potential for 2010.
Cronulla’s Stuart Mills almost made it to the tryline but was tackled by some of Manly’s giants and stayed on the ground concussed. It looked to be more serious than first assumed, with the medical team brought out to the field, and he was taken off on the mobile medical van.
Dean Whare was looking a little over confident as he attempted a few offloads that just ended up on the sideline.
Just minutes into the second quarter, Daly Cherry-Evans got the ball rolling for the Sea Eagles. He converted his own try, bagging six of Manly’s points for the game to himself.
The second ‘team” came on in the third quarter, giving spectators a look at other potential halfback, Kieran Foran.
Jamie Lyon sent a flick pass to Glenn Stewart who then smoothly passed it to Tony Williams who made his way easily over the line. Jamie Lyon converted this try, putting the score at 12-0.
Dean Whare showed off his skills when the ball was flicked up into air, and he managed to grab it before placing it down on the slippery grass with ease. A conversion again by Lyon notched up an 18-0 lead.
Brett Stewart got knocked about a bit when he ran into the goal post but managed to get up just fine.
Jason King then had his face pummelled into by Kade Snowden. With blood dripping down the side of his face, King exited the paddock and Snowden was sin binned.
“Snake” showed the knock on the head didn’t faze him at all by running with blinding speed down the field with the ball, before he was stopped by the referee blowing his whistle for a penalty.
The Sharks then took this as their opportunity, and Ben Pomeroy scored Cronulla’s first points of the evening.
But as the full time buzzer sounded, the Sea Eagles had won the match 18-4.
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?...ronulla-sharks

My mistake it was king involved in the scuff, not Perry. And yes, junior hoppa had a good game. Hodj and foran played well without setting the world on fire. Was pretty damn wet so hard to take much out of the short time they had on the paddock. Kelly was the sharks best, impressive young bloke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8