Tremendous Win, but of our discipline??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm sure we have hardly been pinned for stepping off the mark due to the fact we get penalised enough slowing the play the ball. The refs will pin us more often when we clean up the ruck.

we seem to always make it harder for ourselves with our discipline but the plus side is when we do it & still win.. ;) thats what i like but very iffYY.. at times..

we did it a lot in 07 with burnsy but we still hang on & won matches .. then watmough took over from burnsy in 08.. it stress me out sometimes no wonder the refs give us bum calls .. we dont seem to respect authority well..

& what tech coach said.. we need watmough to stay the fuk away from the ruck unless he is dummy half thats the only time i want him there .. him & perry were killing me these past two seasons..

& then sometimes matai wants to do it.. i swear they jus do it to fuk me off.. :argue:

Technical Coach said:
I'm sure we have hardly been pinned for stepping off the mark due to the fact we get penalised enough slowing the play the ball. The refs will pin us more often when we clean up the ruck.

I don't think we do alot wrong in the ruck. I presume your talking about choc stepping off the mark. What they penalise is going to the side and not being straight, choc gets up with good momentum and takes a stride forward, alot of the time the markers aren't even in place so the refs have no reference point. I think its a massive strength for us, not sure why people are concerned about it being a possible liability. One over zealous ref might ping him for it, but its something I'm prepared to live with because its a key part of our game plan. Not only does he make good metres but because he's rarely dominated opposition lines aren't set and moving forward and it gives our halves extra seconds to play with. An absolute bonus if you ask me.

Its like when people complain about Choc and Matai missing the occasional tackle but seem to forget the amount of times their defence might snuffed out an opportunity for the opposition, saved a try directly or even caused a turnover. Every once in a while they might get it wrong and it costs us, but I'd guarantee both are well infront on the ledger.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4