Trent: I helped build Manly's revival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The biggest pointer for mine that Barrett really had no idea as a coach is to look at Turbo.

Last year he was often defending in the line, especially when we were defending the goal line. And with no fullback in play a lot of the time because he was in the line making tackles, opposition teams often threw a couple of long passes and then put through something like a grubber. And if they scored from that, Tom would cop an absolute hammering because of his poor positioning at the back, which happened a lot.

Fast forward 12 months and Tom no longer defends in the line unless he absolutely has to. With Snake's influence, something that would not have happened if Barrett was still coaching, he now patrols behind the line as well as points the defenders where to go. And to that end not only has the teams defence seen a marked improvement, but so has Tom's positioning at the back.

Everyone who saw him knew a long time ago that Tom was an attacking weapon. But now with Des back using obviously different tactics, and with Snake back in the fold teaching him the finer points, he has become a lot more complete player. I also think having someone like Donny has also helped. Whereas under Ferris The Fraud, Tom would struggle to run out games, now he gets through them easily because not only is he a lot fitter, but he's smarter in when to run etc and not burning up so much gas (part of that problem, especially last year, was that not only was he defending in the line, but because we played basically without a 5/8, he was often playing as an extra half and doing a lot more work).

And to think, at the start of this year there was a lot of speculation that if Barrett ended up at another club that the Trbojevic's would join him there because they were "loyal" to him. Now they aren't likely to go anywhere (provided we come up with the money for them).

Yeah nah sniff sniff
I'm a legend coach in my own mind
Yeah nah sniff sniff
I'd watch my time as coach on video but I don't know how to use it
Yeah nah sniff sniff
I'll just sit here on my chair and wait for all the offers
Yeah nah they call sniff sniff
Get that man a handkerchief!

Or a box of ‘Hello Vera’ Kleenex tissues!

On a positive note, for three years Manly-Warringah had the prettiest first grade coach in 112 seasons of rugby league in Australia.

Well played Penn family. Well played Bob Fulton. Terrific hunch that that bloke had what it takes....not...

I’m thinking this was a very deliberate article by the Daily Terrorgraph to try and get under our skins. At least a lot of us are seeing the funny side of it
In defence of Rothsloshed (really? .... did I just say that), when he presented that on NRL360 last night he had a big smile on his face when he said Twent called him with the story (press release?) ... Ikin & Kenty thought it funny too

Last edited:
The Penrith players would jokingly call Royce Simmons "minibus" ? (Half a coach)

I think we have a new winner ladies and gentlemen. Twent "the minibus" Bazza.

In defence of Rothsloshed (really? .... did I just say that), when he presented that on NRL360 last night he had a big smile on his face when he said Twent called him with the story (press release?) ... Ikin & Kenty thought it funny too
I think Rothy made it pretty clear that Trent just wanted to put a, rather exaggerated, resume out there. Trent’s trying to ride on Des’s coat tails to boost his on chances of finding employment. It’s true that some good players came to the club while he was coach but it’s also clear he wasted any talents they had.

Trent's Manager: " Trent. Mate, you need to come out on the front foot and try to spin this Manly story somehow cause the guy they replaced you with is making you look like a complete dope. How do you expect me to find you a job anywhere ??? Even the Dapto Canaries and the Wauchope Axemen aren't returning my calls for farks sake. "

" So Trent, get your pretty little head out there on the back page of the paper, do the full Just For Men Rinse, facemask, pedicure and eyebrow wax, you know the whole nine yards. Then, If we can spin this somehow, I'll have you an assistant coaches job by 2020, by 2021 your Gold Coast Titans Head Coach ...… by 2022 when it all falls apart and you get stressed you can walk out on them mid season and be collecting $$$$ from the remaining 3 years of your contract from your swish leather recliner ( I know how you love your furniture ) on your Waterfront Apartment. It's win/win "

images

Baz ordered the components but it took Des to create
the functioning unit :nerd:

And Jorge to disassemble it :rofl:
https://twitter.com/SeaEagles/status/1117006760168919040?s=19

It’s true that some good players came to the club while he was coach but it’s also clear he wasted any talents they had.
And saw off several who had a contribution to make, including:

Jackson Hastings - Des would have handled that very differently;
Shaun Lane - see Hastings;
Darcy Lussick;
Matt Parcell;
Tom Wright; and
Tom Symonds.

You know you've made a mug of yourself when Buzz is right in having a dig at you as he alluded to on 360...

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10