Trent Merrin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
Trent is looking for a new home back in the NRL. I reckon he would be a good fit at Manly.
Would bring a load of experience and is a hard worker. Plus not injury prone.

Could slot in the back row alongside Jake and Siro. What an awesome back row that would be.

Get him for 3 years starting 2020!

I think he's got a good 2 years in him at the right club and motivated, I'd prefer a young hungry pack .

Not a terrible option, but we have the building of a great forward pack in the Eagles nest....hungry, strong and fighting for a shot....that type of money better spent on 1 or 2 backs that ARE needed.
IF it was the Pommy forward Manly have been linked with - would add that much steel, I would definately go for it.

We have enough good young blokes working their arrses off for a FG spot .... and with Thommo, Kapow, Jake, Siro and AFB enough experience already .....

It is a big no from me ...

Thommo gone next year isn't he?
So we do need a replacement.

I hope Waddell is that guy but i'm not convinced.

Not a terrible option, but we have the building of a great forward pack in the Eagles nest....hungry, strong and fighting for a shot....that type of money better spent on 1 or 2 backs that ARE needed.
IF it was the Pommy forward Manly have been linked with - would add that much steel, I would definately go for it.

Who is the English forward?

Yeah would rather Aitken than Merrin. But need a geninue replacement for Thommo should he not be at Manly next year. And Merrin would only get $450 000 a year i reckon.

Who is the English forward?

Yeah would rather Aitken than Merrin. But need a geninue replacement for Thommo should he not be at Manly next year. And Merrin would only get $450 000 a year i reckon.
Luke Thompson - I rate him big time and has that leadership quality with the aggression to match....very talented and competitive player, who would be similar to the Sam Burgess effect on a team.

Thommo gone next year isn't he?
So we do need a replacement.

I hope Waddell is that guy but i'm not convinced.

His contract expires ... whether that means he is gone we will just need to wait and see ....

If not Waddell, it will be one of Boyle, Guacamole, Tanginoa. Paseka, .... all cheaper and at this stage with a lot more upside than Merrin ....

His contract expires ... whether that means he is gone we will just need to wait and see ....

If not Waddell, it will be one of Boyle, Guacamole, Tanginoa. Paseka, .... all cheaper and at this stage with a lot more upside than Merrin ....

Yeah you are probably right. If Boyle reaches his potential in the starting back row our forward pack will be complete for the next few years.

Trent is looking for a new home back in the NRL. I reckon he would be a good fit at Manly.
Would bring a load of experience and is a hard worker. Plus not injury prone.

Could slot in the back row alongside Jake and Siro. What an awesome back row that would be.

Get him for 3 years starting 2020!
The experience of one bloke with links to st merge and the name Trent is enough for me

This week, we have :
Brendan Elliott
Reuben Garrick
Moses Suli
Jorge Taufua
Kane Elgey
Brad Parker

in our backline. The LAST thing we need to entertain is bringing another forward in. Our latest acquisitions?

Sam Smith
Morgan Boyle

I don't think we need any imports in the forwards. In fact I think Manly should be very careful buying established players. We have some cheaper rising talent that money needs to be held back for. At this stage we have Anderson, Fainu, Garrick, Hopoate, Koroisau, Sironen, Tanginoa, Sipley, Waddell, Walker, Cust, Metcalf off contract by years end and then there are potential kids reaching the 30 such as Schuster, Ben T., Miski, just to name a few. We are going to need a lot of coin to hold most of those, some potential stars

giphy.gif

No from me.

Let’s develop some of these good kids that were junior stars.

Some of them will kick on, some will be no good. But we should get the first crack at them as we brought them through.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8