Trex as a Forward

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dr Bogonov link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=185386.msg295736#msg295736 date=1284690350]
Good first post Doc. To overcome his fear of unleashing, what would you prescribe?

I'm afraid only Tony can resolve that one. I am just trying to imagine what he would be like with Matai's aggression and attitude. In a word....unstoppable. Does anyone remember big Kevin Iro? C'mon Tony, prove us wrong!
[/quote]

A more accurate description of Tony Williams at the moment is the other Iro, Tony

I recall some good examples of skills from Tony this year, some nice offloads and even a kick in field while in full flight which bounced nicely for matai I think it was to score. His potential is amazing, the question is how much longer can we wait for consistency.

Shoe1 link said:
I recall some good examples of skills from Tony this year, some nice offloads and even a kick in field while in full flight which bounced nicely for matai I think it was to score. His potential is amazing, the question is how much longer can we wait for consistency.

Aslong as it takes,he'll be worth it

Dan link said:
Maybe mate, maybe but who knows.

How have you been mate I haven't seen you around lately
Hey dan i been well thanks,been posting here and there,looking forward to 2011 when we have our players back!

This is what the club thought of him prior to injury etc to Wolfman / Brett Stewart:-

Former Manly great Noel Cleal has described Williams as a player similar to Panthers and Kiwis forward Frank Pritchard.

Parramatta boss Denis Fitzgerald made note that the Eels developed Williams over the last four years, he is a local junior (also pointed out by Cleal) and that Manly's offer was close to double to what the Eels offered.

Below are the two press releases.

MANLY PRESS RELEASE
The Manly Sea Eagles today won the race to sign boom Parramatta under 20's star Tony Williams to a three year contract.

Williams is described by Manly's recruitment manager Noel Cleal as a 'Frank Pritchard' type player and a future star of the NRL.

"This kid is all power and an explosive player who can play centre but is probably going to make his mark as a back rower playing on the edge as he matures," Cleal said.

"We are delighted he has chosen to join us - a half a dozen clubs were chasing his signature,"Cleal said. At 193 cms and 106 kg, Williams is a giant of a young man and a talented goal kicker with an 80 per cent success rate. He is a Cabramatta junior and is regarded as the gun player in Parramatta's elite Toyota Cup side (under 20's)."

Williams was impressed with Manly's training and coaching facilities at the Sydney Academy of Sport when given a recent tour of the complex. Manly CEO Grant Mayer said Williams signing was a major investment in the future. "Williams is an elite youngster with an exciting future - it's a credit to our coaching and recruitment group that they can attract a young player with his ability to the club.

"Coming on top of the signing last week of Newcastle Knights five eighth Chris Bailey it has been an excellent week off the field for the club," Mr Mayer said.

I really worry about his defence in the fowards. If he's put in two minds by a decoy runner I can see him really struggling to cut it and he'll be targeted for sure. I hope it happens though because we need to find a spot for the Wolfman to add some pace to the team.

Cletus link said:
I really worry about his defence in the fowards. If he's put in two minds by a decoy runner I can see him really struggling to cut it and he'll be targeted for sure. I hope it happens though because we need to find a spot for the Wolfman to add some pace to the team.

He'd have to be better off defending in the pack than in isolation.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Cletus link=topic=185386.msg295998#msg295998 date=1284728986]

He'd have to be better off defending in the pack than in isolation.
[/quote]

I don't know, I'm more confident if Lyon and the sideline are next to him. Hopefully he can work on it during the off season. He'll be a massive unit if he puts some muscle on.

Cletus link said:
Sure, decoy runners will be queuing up to run at him...(not).

I think we will see more improvement in him again next year but will it be enough? I want to see him given a shot as a impact forward. He should be sent out there in the back 20 minutes of each half to try and create some havoc.  Get him running wide and at the halves.  Definitely worth a shot. 

Garts link said:
I think we will see more improvement in him again next year but will it be enough? I want to see him given a shot as a impact forward. He should be sent out there in the back 20 minutes of each half to try and create some havoc.  Get him running wide and at the halves.  Definitely worth a shot.

Yeah hopefully!!!

Tony williams, his contract is up at the end of next year should we resign him,seeing he is only 21 I think we should....?

Gary Dennison link said:
Tony williams, his contract is up at the end of next year should we resign him,seeing he is only 21 I think we should....?

I'd want to see how he goes next year, unless we can get him real cheap now.

Doubt he will be 'real cheap' whenever he signs. On his current rate of improvement year to year, he might actually be quite expensive by the end of next season.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4