Trial V Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Manly Media reporting that the Roosters trial game wont be televised. Pretty sure Foxtel have the rights to do the pre-season comp and show every game live.
It’s on Foxtel.
Also two double headers on Saturday.

IMG_5675.jpeg

Not too excited about this one. The Roosters seem to be taking it more seriously than we are. I think that we will get rolled, but that doesn't really bother me either.

Not too excited about this one. The Roosters seem to be taking it more seriously than we are. I think that we will get rolled, but that doesn't really bother me either.
I think it’s just two different approaches to the trials, ones picked almost full strength , the other trying heaps of wannabes.

Depending on how much time the full strength side gets it may be a flogging or still pretty entertaining.

Bear almost won the ressies comp last year. Be surprised if even there ressies aren't competitive against our mainly Blacktown list. It is a very fluid grade though.

Last edited:
This is the Roosters first hit out and it looks like Robinson wants to hit the ground running. It comes with risk putting all of your best out there for a trial game. I don't expect they will be on the field for more than 30 minutes. This is defiantly a good opportunity and test for our players who are trying to break into the top 17. I love that we are embracing the "try outs" approach to these trials. Depth and competition for positions is so important.

This is the Roosters first hit out and it looks like Robinson wants to hit the ground running. It comes with risk putting all of your best out there for a trial game. I don't expect they will be on the field for more than 30 minutes. This is defiantly a good opportunity and test for our players who are trying to break into the top 17. I love that we are embracing the "try outs" approach to these trials. Depth and competition for positions is so important.
Thing is unlike a traditional trial these pre season challenge games only have 4 man benches. Teams can bench a few stars but they can't swap the whole team at halftime. I reckon most backs and some backrowers will play 80.

Edit: Correction, just checked the actual rules on NRL.com and teams can name up to 28 players and there is unlimited interchange. So teams can bench all their starters whenever they want.

Last edited:
Thank you @The Wheel
A very positive interview with Dymock by our Great Media Man Cuzzo

Lets Hope that we can turn all this Positive talk into Points on the field against the roosters

Points Win Games !

1707966141355.png

I'm the opposite eaglebuzz. Remembering a lot of these guys are fighting for first grade spots and really looking to impress, so I believe they'll be buzzing to get a crack at the almost full strength chooks. If they can stay with them for most or all the game, then Seibs and co would have done an amazing job....and who knows, maybe a premiership on the way. Can't wait. Let's go boys 🦅

If they can stay with them for most or all the game, then Seibs and co would have done an amazing job...
Amazing Job Perspective Time

We all know in the History of our Game there has never been February Premiership Winners
Premierships are won in September

Amazing Manly
The September Premiership Winning Sea eagles
1707967203696.png

Thing is unlike a traditional trial these pre season challenge games only have 4 man benches. Teams can bench a few stars but they can't swap the whole team at halftime. I reckon most backs and some backrowers will play 80.
trial games should allow teams to have teams of like 25 playing so everyone can get a good run and spread the minutes more to reduce the impact of injury. Similar to what we had last week where we had 25 playing.

Amazing Job Perspective Time

We all know in the History of our Game there has never been February Premiership Winners
Premierships are won in September

Amazing Manly
The September Premiership Winning Sea eagles
View attachment 25992
I get that Bozo. 'Amazing job' as in to show where the team is at. Has Seibold and co improved or have they learnt nothing.
If the boys can hang in there with the chooks then there's some showing that what's been put into place this year, the team is buying in and that's what we as supporters want to see. The Manly Way...is it real or just a myth.

I get that Bozo. 'Amazing job' as in to show where the team is at. Has Seibold and co improved or have they learnt nothing.
If the boys can hang in there with the chooks then there's some showing that what's been put into place this year, the team is buying in and that's what we as supporters want to see. The Manly Way...is it real or just a myth.
Thank you for your perspective post feathered friend and I understand what you are saying
But Premiership Winning teams Peak in September where it counts

The Premiership winning record breaking 40 to NIL Des never won a game in the preseason and I understand why

The Relevance and the Reality of 2023
Manly won the Claytons Pre season cup
and The Panthers won their 3rd Premiership
1707969050013.png

This is incorrect, most teams have named 25+ players

Last edited:
This is correct, most teams have named 25+ players
My bad, saw a few teams named with only 17 players.

Just checked the actual rules on NRL.com and teams can name up to 28 players and there is unlimited interchange. So teams can bench all their starters whenever they want.

Plenty to look forward to in today's game.
Especially Faulalo (very interesting player), and of course Talau Paulo and Vaega battling for a Vegas start.
Also Gordie and Jamie.
Condon - a surprise forward contender?
And obviously - season's 1st glimpse of the enigmatic Schu!
Can't wait! (though I'll have to wait and watch a replay)

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8