Troubled Titans star Greg Bird could find a new home with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This has Cartwright / Ferris written all over it. We are getting the Titans scraps, while they cull and get stronger, fitter and more competitive.

Honestly, Myles on 1/2 a mill? Now Bird? It's actually almost laughable.

We'd have gone from having class like Kosef, Beaver, Gift and co. to this ... well ... this bloke.

Wow, another frenzy based on speculation from the DT.

So Bird went to a pub, got refused entry and left.
How the f$&k is that a story?

All of the above, except for Turbo's insights.

Perhaps more critically however is that Bird would bid fair to being (potentially and let's hope not) the ugliest man to pull on a Manly jumper this side of Mark Broadhurst.

I would go as far as saying that Bird makes Fred Jones, at the end of the latter's playing career, look like the winner of a Rod Taylor Lookalike contest.

On the original video (VHS) I have of the 1972 and 1973 Grand Finals, ZtH called Fred Jones the "Robert Redford of rugby league"

Seriously though.....Greg Bird? FMD what is this club becoming?

I am stunned...

How can they even contemplate moving on Jamie Buhrer? Why would a person like Greg Bird even be considered? Meehan, Hopoate and Fonua-Blake not enough?

Our club is unrecognisable, and now run by failed blow ins. While Fulton was a gun player, this idea that he is a Sea Eagle icon, is somewhat misleading. He left us to join the Roosters - period. He is a great distance behind Menzies, King, Toovey, Krilich, Thompson or Randall.

I hate the damage that Fulton and fat Zorba Peters have done to the Sea Eagles. We brought in failures as coaches, signed over rated and disinterested players such as Myles, and released our own products. It is a disgrace.

I'm a rusted on, one eyed supporter who grew up in the area and loves Manly but for **** sake if Buhrer is moved on for Bird I can't accept mismanagement as the answer anymore, they're literally trying to disenfranchise the support base (for a possible relocation?) I'm so close to being done with Manly which seems like what they want?! **** you Fulton, you dinosaur. Just take yourself and your whole retarded ****ing family back to ****ing up the Beacon Hill Bears and **** OFF.

I don't want to lose Ferris, we only started to go well when he came back... Bird? Maybe, but haven't we got enough criminal mungral types?

The Daily Telegraph - Sports Confidential

THE Sea Eagles are circling Greg Bird, but the troubled NRL star has other issues on his mind as he battles more damaging off-field headlines.

Bird was already being investigated by the NRL integrity unit for his involvement in an alleged incident at a northern NSW pub last Saturday evening. But Sport Confidential has learned Bird was ejected from a Byron Bay pub just 24 hours before the Brunswick Heads saga, triggering an NRL integrity unit inquiry.

It is believed the integrity unit is aware of Bird’s back-to-back indiscretions and will include details of both pub incidents in its report to the Titans.

A spokesman for The Sticky Wicket Bar in Byron Bay confirmed last night Bird was asked to leave the establishment.

“Greg Bird was here on Friday night. He was asked to leave,” the spokesman said.

“The NRL integrity unit came in to see us and they are onto it.

“It was just Greg who was asked to leave. He never got served a drink because he was too intoxicated so the group weren’t here for very long.”

Manly remain keen to entice Bird to the club, but need to free up some salary cap space to do so.

That may mean Jamie Buhrer, who has played 128 top grade games for the club, is moved on. Newcastle are keen to pounce on the one-time NSW representative, in what could turn out to be a swap for Knights winger Akuila Uate.

St George Illawarra have also expressed an interest in Buhrer, who still has a year remaining on his contract. After an injury plagued 2015 season, Buhrer recaptured his best form at the back end of this season, and was appointed co-captain during Jamie Lyon’s injury run.

If Jamie Buhrer is moved on to fit this grub in, it's a disgraceful. Jamie is Manly, not this bloke.

Greg Bird : NO......

Wow.

Cannot believe the amount of dummy spitting going on... and nothing has been officially announced.... all media speculation.

I'd love to be out on the water catching a few of you guys cause you certainly know how to take the media bait and run with it.... great days fishing.

Everybody take a deep breath. So far, Buhrer hasn't been announced as going anywhere. And Bird hasn't been confirmed as joining.... all media hype.

And supporters calling club officials retards and threatening to throw away their memberships. Gee whiz people. Get a grip.
The problem is some of these guys have got to much of a grip !!

Wow.

Cannot believe the amount of dummy spitting going on... and nothing has been officially announced.... all media speculation.

I'd love to be out on the water catching a few of you guys cause you certainly know how to take the media bait and run with it.... great days fishing.

Everybody take a deep breath. So far, Buhrer hasn't been announced as going anywhere. And Bird hasn't been confirmed as joining.... all media hype.

And supporters calling club officials retards and threatening to throw away their memberships. Gee whiz people. Get a grip.

To be fair we're just PO'd at the thought that we might lose Ferris in order to sign a hasbeen like Uate or a dickhead like Bird.

There's been numerous stories through the week now of the club looking to force Jamie out, could they not get on the front foot and hose them down with a quick media release saying Jamie will be at Manly in 2017, if the story is false.

I would go as far as saying that Bird makes Fred Jones, at the end of the latter's playing career, look like the winner of a Rod Taylor Lookalike contest.
The only value in this entire thread is a couple of comments about Fred Jones. I saw a clip last night of the famous 1973 grand final - he set up Fulton for a critical try ... with a flick pass! (about 30 years before Marshall was deified for doing it)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6