True supporters - definition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=byso]

You were trying to be number 1000 weren't you?
[/quote]

lol I was actually.
Remember when Gainsford was given it 1000 with the framed jersey.

Ahh the good old days of a sham admin..... hehe

I think that you have to be a true supporter to read some of the dribble on this forum.

Based on this theory then there are only 999 true supporters and the rest of us don't count. Funny how the club is happy to take the money for season passes and food and drink each home game from us people with 4 digits.

Maybe those with 4 digits on their cards should go and support Parra where there are lots of supporters with 4 digits.

[quote author=earl]
I think some on here have their 3 digits up their arse. ;)

Rather mine than yours.

[/quote]

Are you saying that you would rather have 3 digits up your arse than earl's? :naughty:

[quote author=byso]

You were trying to be number 1000 weren't you?
[/quote]

I was until the club pulled that sham promotion.

Gave me the ****s for a few weeks so missed out on 3 digit by a little bit

was also unemployed at the time so it was a hefty hit

To be honest I have followed a few clubs in my years. Mainly because I had privleges where i used to live. My old girl knew the owners of the Penrith sponsors so as a yougin I followed them. Got into Corprate boxes at every home game. Then moved to Wollongong and again , old girl worked with Brendan Omeara at the bank, thus I got into the sheds and was always around the players , and so followed the Steelers. Then moved away again , Steelers folded and tbh i became a little disinterested in the game. Then Nan , god bless her soul , was the only Manly supporter in the family , and so copped a heap , so as a 12 year old , I started following Manly. 15 years later , I have no place for any other side. Did I follow Manly from Birth? NO
Have I followed another team before? YES

Does Manly farken rock ? HELL YEAH.

Will I pay for a membership next year? Ill have to ask the wife. :blush:

IMO the definition of a true supporter is those fans who sat on the hill in 2002 (i think) each week to watch Manly get 50 points racked up against them at Brookvale for 5 or 6 home matches in a row.

Using the word true supporter apart from in reference only (this post) pretty much puts you right up there as a wanker of the highest order.

"Wow my fandom is better than yours"

Muslim extremists are true supporters of their religion in their eyes I am sure. ****ing wankers

This thread topic is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever seen.

People still support Manly when they are not going well. They just take more intrest when they are going better!

I don't care what you think you are not more of a Manly supporter than me just because you have a three digit membership number.

Merc

This thread topic is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever seen.

People still support Manly when they are not going well. They just take more intrest when they are going better!

I don't care what you think you are not more of a Manly supporter than me just because you have a three digit membership number.

Merc
That's the point. The thread is actually a dig at those that termed the phrase and hold themselves as those responsible for keeping the Sea in the Eagle and the white on the maroon, as they spend more money on merchandising, take flags to the game and are upholders of life, truth, justice and the www.mwse.com.au way!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not all of us can swim at Curl Curl on a daily basis Wheel.

If only I could replicate Ridges One Eyed Eagle thread from a few years back regarding True supporters that would stir up the natives.

:drunk:

For the record I would include people such as Matabele in that as he was still actively supporting the club during thise dim dark days.

The majority of us have supported the club during the dark days.

Matabele when was the last time you came to Brookie before the legendary get together a couple of years ago?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6