Try Causes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

smithy

Reserve Grader
Probably not surprising but thought I'd see how the stats across the whole NRL looked for Try Causes. Doesn't paint a pretty picture after 4 rounds with Manly players the 3 worst offenders and 5 in the top 8 across the NRL.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 65
Stats can be very confusing, in this case Foran.

He has 75 tackles to his name, 3or 4 times more than others; hence his percentage of "try causes" increases expotentially.

Give up the stats and in the same theme analyse whether the player is "trying" or not.

Wow. I though Garrick's defence was suss, but look at Saab's tackle efficiency - 32%. That is woeful

Of the 28 tries given up this season I think at least 3/4 of them came from the next set after a turnover from us.

Our attack and respect for the ball has been atrocious this season and the amount of times we surrender the ball and another reason is our failure to deal with kicks we are defending handing our opposition repeat sets is another big issue.

If we are any chance we must tighten up and make our opponents earn their points rather than handing them straight to them!

So does that mean there have been no try assists against manly? All the tries were our fault? Victim blaming at its best!

I wonder who scouted Saab. He is not even good enough for Jersey Flegg.
These are frightening numbers. Consider that our two wingers are among the worst defenders and the lazy slob in the Centres is among them too. Puts a ton of pressure on the team.
I say we get these three out and replace them with 3 players with first grade experience who can tackle.
NYEagle

I’m sure Horhay goes straight back in when fit. I should be able to mount an argument against it but I can’t which shows where we are.

I think Tippytoes is a centre with promise. I think I’d rather Horhay coming in with Tippytoes relegating Parker.
And Suli goes for Harper if he shows nothing. Two games at best for him.

I’m assuming Tom will be out for longer than we think and the professor sticks with Walker, which again says it all about where we are.

I’m sure Horhay goes straight back in when fit. I should be able to mount an argument against it but I can’t which shows where we are.

I think Tippytoes is a centre with promise. I think I’d rather Horhay coming in with Tippytoes relegating Parker.
And Suli goes for Harper if he shows nothing. Two games at best for him.

I’m assuming Tom will be out for longer than we think and the professor sticks with Walker, which again says it all about where we are.
The fact Jorge comes straight back in says everything that needs to be said .
Hasn't been good since 2015, and has been a dead set liability and sure fire opponent target since about 2018...
Realistically shouldn't be anywhere near firsts at this point

To answer your thread;
- walker
-garrick
  • Parker
  • suli
  • Saab
  • foran
  • dce
  • Croker
  • jetski

All try causes this year!