Turbo good to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yup, Tom has destabilized us enough now. I'm sick of his excuses, his injuries, his use of our salary cap. It's.time to start returning some value on our investment. Everyone has made him bigger than our club for some reason, and I wouldn't even place him in Snakes shadow as a player.

Toms had ONE good year. ONE ! Besides that, he's adversely affected us by being in and out of the lineup every year, ruining any chance of chemistry, combinations, tactical play, consistency and team harmony.

He HAS though, been quite vocal around players and coaching changes. Shut up Tom. Add some value to the team for once.
Unfortunately there is a lot of truth in this

Yup, Tom has destabilized us enough now. I'm sick of his excuses, his injuries, his use of our salary cap.
Oh dear, an example of one of the most unattractive aspects of sports fandom.

Turbo - a young man who is known for selflessly spending his free time running sausage sizzles and encouraging local kids in the game; who works tirelessly on his fitness; who has never got into drunken fights, or been photographed with 'white powder', or been charged with domestic violence or driving offences; and who at age 25 already has a Dally M Medal... cops this kind of comment?

I, as much as anyone, look to my sport team to give me a lift and diversion from the dramas drudgery and despair that life can throw up, but really, is this how we see our best player? Because he gets hurt too much?

Newsflash, every person who plays NRL gets hurt. The only issue is how badly, and how often, and I don't think many players get to choose how badly and how often.

Turbo - a young man who is known for selflessly spending his free time running sausage sizzles and encouraging local kids in the game; who works tirelessly on his fitness; who has never got into drunken fights, or been photographed with 'white powder', or been charged with domestic violence or driving offences; and who at age 25 already has a Dally M Medal... cops this kind of comment?

I, as much as anyone, look to my sport team to give me a lift and diversion from the dramas drudgery and despair that life can throw up, but really, is this how we see our best player? Because he gets hurt too much?

Newsflash, every person who plays NRL gets hurt. The only issue is how badly, and how often, and I don't think many players get to choose how badly and how often.

And fans then go and slam players for a lack of loyalty...

Sort of half expected for some time that Turbo would do a Tedesco and manage a relatively injury free career after some challenging early on injury plagued times .
Alas , has exceeded that point now and not sure what to expect but to still have the hope that he can finally experience some much better outcomes on the injury front .
Started off promising last season .
Just has to ideally do the same next season , also ideally to just focus on club footy and to also again just hope for the best after that

No comment about the lies being peddled to us all about "slipping in the shower" that even he laughs about now? Guess we all just ARE sausage roll eaters, hey? No comment about him playing at 60% for us, until a game or two before origin (that many a commentator was talking about, it's not something I made up)....no comment about him demanding an explanation from the club about and around Des / Siebold?

I get the hero worship, I do. But when your earning 1.1m per, you need to be on the paddock, carrying your team (like DCE has and does). Want to know something? I'd be completely okay with Koula playing fullback fulltime. Particularly if it means we can get some consistency and build some combinations and chemistry.

Yes @Disco , ONE. He's been in the team 8.5 odd years now. How many of those have we made the finals? He wins 1/2 the games he is in (52% to be exact). Last 5 years, he's played 7, 7, 11, 12, 18 games. Dude, we struggle to beat top 8 teams now (top 4 teams are near impossible).

It's like you guys WANT us to continue as we are or something?? You guys would **** yourselves if we got a Ben Ikin type football director who started culling major stayers. I actually LIKE the affect he's had on their team.

I'd be completely okay with Koula playing fullback fulltime.
Everything you say is kind of right... except this part!
You'd be completely happy with Koula fullback ... but only for as long as he didn't get injured... and only for as long as he played like he did in our last 2 games.
But if he plays like he did the rest of this year, you'd be working out how much of our cap he is taking up, and probably not that happy about it!

Everything you say is kind of right... except this part!
You'd be completely happy with Koula fullback ... but only for as long as he didn't get injured... and only for as long as he played like he did in our last 2 games.
But if he plays like he did the rest of this year, you'd be working out how much of our cap he is taking up, and probably not that happy about it!

I hope you see the whole picture with me - don't get me wrong - I actually DO love Turbo, I just want him playing is all hahaha. I'm okay with 2-3 years of inherent injury too, but half a decade is a lot from a marquee guy - that's all.

Regarding Koula, mate, that kid could be anything. I actually think he's our most lethal player, but that's just me. And he does it with such nonchalance (apologies for the spelling on that one). Worlds his oyster, I'm so envious.

Okay, how about this. You, @Disco and I all just agree we want Turbo on the park 85%+ of this season :) ?

Fingers crossed and hope Tommy can stay on the field and have a huge year. I'd like to see him have a year off origin and concentrate on Manly.
I would be wrapped if Tommy’s first interview before the season starts is to do a "Lyon" and officially retire from SOO. Because the whole Trbojevic‘ boys have been brought up to respect, be loyal, and be men of humility, they are also selfless so saying No would be a tough gig for them.
But I really think Tommy has to pull the blue pin on Origin. It might be a bit easier now his wannabe stepdad Freddy’ has been sacked (sorry he resigned of his own accord).
Although, I bet Madge’s first phone call once he got the gig was to the Trbojevic household. 😜

Just Say No GIF by INTO ACTION

I would be wrapped if Tommy’s first interview before the season starts is to do a "Lyon" and officially retire from SOO.
Easier now that when Lyon did it, there have been several high profile players in the last couple of years opting out in order to 'get themselves right' for their club first. The precedent is set, those players weren't hammered for withdrawing.
(Would still be difficult though if Turbo was tearing up the comp a la 2021 ... and NSW kept losing SOO!!)

I would be wrapped if Tommy’s first interview before the season starts is to do a "Lyon" and officially retire from SOO. Because the whole Trbojevic‘ boys have been brought up to respect, be loyal, and be men of humility, they are also selfless so saying No would be a tough gig for them.
But I really think Tommy has to pull the blue pin on Origin. It might be a bit easier now his wannabe stepdad Freddy’ has been sacked (sorry he resigned of his own accord).
Although, I bet Madge’s first phone call once he got the gig was to the Trbojevic household. 😜

Just Say No GIF by INTO ACTION

Just for a season. Mitchell did it. Give some lovin to Manly :)

Easier now that when Lyon did it, there have been several high profile players in the last couple of years opting out in order to 'get themselves right' for their club first. The precedent is set, those players weren't hammered for withdrawing.
Yeah, don't forget that Lyon was widely ridiculed for his choice, and constantly told he was letting his state down.

If Tommy is playing well, and is uninjured, it's hard to imagine he won't be expected to line up for NSW.

I hope Turbo steps down from Origin, at least for this year, to focus on club football. It may help his overall longevity in the game. He is injury prone and his body needs to be managed in a way that increases his total number of career games. If so, he should be able to continue to play at his devastating best for another five years.

NSW has good centre depth with Best, Crighton, Mitchell & others. Turbo's presence is not really required. However, if Tedesco's form doesn't improve, the NSW fullback job could be up for grabs, esp. under a new coach. An in form Turbo would be the main contender.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8