[Resurrected] Turbo in a Knee Brace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Who cares mate. He owes the club big time. The amount of money he's been paid to sit on the sidelines these past few years is a joke & for him to even consider playing for Australia to get extra money is bull$hit. What happens if he re-injures his shoulder or hammies during the tour? Oh it's OK Manly will just keep paying him to sit on the sideline whilst our salary cap is all screwed!
The Super Talented Tom has given his all for the club and he is worth the amount of money the club pays him

Injuries are part of the game and it should be no shame to Tom that he is sitting on the sidelines

PLaying for our Country is an honour and Tom deserves that honour like every Australian does

The Super Talented Tom has given his all for the club and he is worth the amount of money the club pays him

Injuries are part of the game and it should be no shame to Tom that he is sitting on the sidelines

PLaying for our Country is an honour and Tom deserves that honour like every Australian does
Never doubted his quality or talent Bozo, just that he's been injured regularly & due to 'mysterious' causes in one particular case. If he's had such an injury prone time & has had major surgery why would you even contemplate making yourself available for the Kangaroos where he'll more than likely be playing in the so called 'nothing' games not the main games & risk reinjuring himself & in turn screwing our season again. I understand injuries are part of the game but when you have a player who is taking up so much of our salary cap & getting paid a motza then I'm sorry but he should put the club first. This being an honour to play for your country used to be the prime objective of players back in the day & most played for very little money....these days it's all about the money. If Tom does make himself available & gets injured I will be one mighty pi$$ed off supporter......hopefully he stays healthy.

Last edited:
I think I'm leaning towards this is what will happen, but I hope it's not the case.

I know this is a very selfish outlook, but given where our club is, and the affect his absence has had on us consistently, I'd like him to put his sole focus on getting right for us.

Guess we still have to remember that's a LOT of money he'd be passing up though ! Not sure how much it is to play for Australia nowadays.
Probably not much, compared to what the MWSE are paying him - to sit on the sidelines.

I think the decision belongs to Tom, with the right medical advice, if his injury has healed, there shouldn’t be any problems. It’s the highest honour in the sport playing for your country and in this instance a World Cup in particular.
I hope he gets picked, plays well and comes back ready to lead us in 23, providing his good to go, I think it will be good for him, barring injury of course. I get the whole issue and the history, however if anybody looking at this situation wants to place our club first, I get it, but your not being realistic nor fair, put the shoe on the other foot and ask yourself, what you would do and if you would pass up the opportunity, privilege and the honour, there’s your answer, wish him well if his selected otherwise, if not we’ll get behind him next year and hope he can repay the club with another year like 21 and hopefully we can go 3 games better.

Last edited:
I think the decision belongs to Tom, with the support of his medical advice, if his injury has healed, there shouldn’t be any problems. It’s the highest honour in the sport playing for your country and in this instance a World Cup in particular.
I hope he gets picked, plays well and comes back ready to lead us in 23, providing his good to go, I think it will be good for him, barring injury of course. I get the whole issue and the history, however if anybody looking at this situation wants to place our club first, I get it, but your not being realistic nor fair, put the shoe on the other foot and ask yourself, what you would do and if you would pass up the opportunity, privilege and the honour, there’s your answer, wish him well if his selected otherwise, if not we’ll get behind him next year and hope he can repay the club with another year like 21 and hopefully we can go 3 games better.
Can't really blame the ST response on here, if Tom hadn't got injured we probably would be closing in on 4th right now. So for Tom to play in the WC would be a frustrating reminder to our fans what could of been. Personally, would rather he didn't play tbh.

I dont really understand why the world cup even matters but as a player im sure he has a different perspective

Rip if he gets injured though

I think the decision belongs to Tom, with the right medical advice, if his injury has healed, there shouldn’t be any problems. It’s the highest honour in the sport playing for your country and in this instance a World Cup in particular.
You raise some good points.

However, how would you feel if you were an opposition centre or fullback, who had been playing well for several years and had hardly missed a game, then lost out to Turbo in the selection process?

I imagine that will be something Turbo might ponder in the lead up to selection.

Yes, there are good arguments for going and staying; we all want Tom fit and firing for 23. There are no guarantees either way but I'm leaning towards letting him go because I'd like him to be game hardened when we kick off next year. Just imagine that little bit of extra confidence he'll have with a few games under his belt.

Can't really blame the ST response on here, if Tom hadn't got injured we probably would be closing in on 4th right now. So for Tom to play in the WC would be a frustrating reminder to our fans what could of been. Personally, would rather he didn't play tbh.
I respect where your coming from and I don‘t blame anyone for how they feel about this situation, however knowing that Tom’s injury was a result of playing for us, and given he puts his body on the line every time he plays, I don’t think it’s reasonable to deny him any opportunities that come his way.
Theres also another way to look at it, he hasn’t had much footy over the last 3 years and while I relate with the frustration of what could of been, it is what it is and if he can play in the World Cup, for mine he should, who knows, he may not get another chance.
It’s silly to live with resentment or to fear injury and as much as many on here don’t wont him going away playing because they believe he owes the club and or he may break down or get injured again, the result may well be the exact opposite and he brings that back to clubland, then we all benefit.
I don’t think it’s fair to begrudge him the opportunity or expect him not to go, however I also acknowledge others have their views and I don’t have a problem with that. I say good luck to him and wish him well either way.

You raise some good points.

However, how would you feel if you were an opposition centre or fullback, who had been playing well for several years and had hardly missed a game, then lost out to Turbo in the selection process?

I imagine that will be something Turbo might ponder in the lead up to selection.
Tom‘s a special player, his just one of those freaks who basically make themselves automatic selections if fit, his not the first and certainly won’t be the last.

For me it’s pretty simple, playing well is one thing, Tom as a player is another and if was selecting the squad, Tom would be picked, providing his fit (you only have to look at his rep record and especially his SOO record to comprehend, he plays NSW win as opposed to whats happens when his out) if that someone else was good enough then they would be selected, they should also self asses and be honest about their position in the pecking order regardless. If your good enough you‘ll be there in any case, if not you have to accept the better player goes regardless and continue working on your game.

I get what your saying and I think I get where your coming from, especially reading your last paragraph. Thing is I couldn’t imagine Tom stopping and thinking oh you know, I think such and such deserves this more than me, I haven’t played much this year, so I don’t think I’ll accept my selection if it happens because such and such probably deserves to be selected in front of me! Won’t happen, may not be fair or just either, it’s just how it is, has been and will be. I’m sure we could come with a pretty decent list of players who have fallen into the same category as the player that will miss out if or when Tom’s selected.

I respect where your coming from and I don‘t blame anyone for how they feel about this situation, however knowing that Tom’s injury was a result of playing for us, and given he puts his body on the line every time he plays, I don’t think it’s reasonable to deny him any opportunities that come his way.
Theres also another way to look at it, he hasn’t had much footy over the last 3 years and while I relate with the frustration of what could of been, it is what it is and if he can play in the World Cup, for mine he should, who knows, he may not get another chance.
It’s silly to live with resentment or to fear injury and as much as many on here don’t wont him going away playing because they believe he owes the club and or he may break down or get injured again, the result may well be the exact opposite and he brings that back to clubland, then we all benefit.
I don’t think it’s fair to begrudge him the opportunity or expect him not to go, however I also acknowledge others have their views and I don’t have a problem with that. I say good luck to him and wish him well either way.
I agree on, he could come back to Club football raring to go, therefore Manly get the benefit from this. The other scenario is to awful for Manly fans to even think about.

I mean, Latrell Mitchell just did that for NSW
Jamie Lyon did it for us for NSW and Australia

There are characters who put the club first at times (situational of course).

I recall Jamie copping a lot of **** for that stance.

Latrell?....not so much.

Yeah Tom ... give up your opportunity to tour with an Australian team .... because ... wait for it ... some Manly fans will get sore haemorrhoids ....

Tommy, you only have one career and limited opportunities to play for your country ... grab it with both arms if you can ... and write the next page of your history ..

For the sake of it, I don‘t think Latrell was ever going to be picked, so he took the opportunity to hose it down publicly first, it came off well for him, I think he may of actually been protecting himself first and foremost as opposed to putting his club first.

From memory and I may be wrong, I thought JL just had enough of playing rep footy at the time, he’d also achieved and done all he wanted in a long and illustrious rep career. Again it may not have been so much a case that he wanted to put his club first.

I’m not to sure there’s any such thing as loyalty anymore, the good old days or perhaps even the thought of players putting there clubs first, unfortunately may be a thing of the past. Mitchell will play plenty more rep footy and so to will Tom barring injury.

To be fair Jamie didnt turn his back on the Blues to focus on Manly.

Jamie didn't like going into camp and spending time away from his family.

If the Blues weren't in camp and he could just go train then head home he would have played many a more SOO

Not sure he will be selected but if he is go for it, you only live once, what an opportunity.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10