[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
I do seriously wonder if we will EVER see a full season from Tom.

It’s sad really , a supreme talent but very injury prone.

Every time he runs on you just know another injury is just around the corner.
That is why the club, supporters and sponsors should be really pissed off with Turbo and his decision this year to play origin. The guy struggled through summer, did another hammy , had to go to the USA to get sorted. Then came back, played like a busted, got injured again and missed a month. Then he comes back, plays 1 decent game and decided to be available for Origin.
It was a fuking rediculous, selfish act. Look at Pongia. He knew he needed to just get right for his club and said no to Origin. Look at him now while Tom sits out another year and Manly suffers again because of it. He might be a nice, great guy but fuk me he has caused some major problems for this club his whole career. If he plays origin next year it will be a fuking disgrace and a slap in the face to this club and its supporters.

Garrick is doing a great job at fullback, and can defend. turbo who ? you cannot rely on an injury prone player, just like you cant rely on an employee who is always sick. they may the best person in the world but if they cant add consistent value then you have to move on for the sake of the business
While Garrick’s efforts are impressive, he is no top tier fullback. His positioning is too far behind the game and probably too late in his career to pick that up (unless we decided to stick him there dedicated for the next few years).

That is why the club, supporters and sponsors should be really pissed off with Turbo and his decision this year to play origin. The guy struggled through summer, did another hammy , had to go to the USA to get sorted. Then came back, played like a busted, got injured again and missed a month. Then he comes back, plays 1 decent game and decided to be available for Origin.
It was a fuking rediculous, selfish act. Look at Pongia. He knew he needed to just get right for his club and said no to Origin. Look at him now while Tom sits out another year and Manly suffers again because of it. He might be a nice, great guy but fuk me he has caused some major problems for this club his whole career. If he plays origin next year it will be a fuking disgrace and a slap in the face to this club and its supporters.
I know he doesn’t go out aiming to be injured , but I agree it’s bloody frustrating.

Didn't Ponga only decide to make himself unavailable for origin after he hadn't been picked anyway?

Didn't Ponga only decide to make himself unavailable for origin after he hadn't been picked anyway?
Either way Tom should not have made himself available for Origin on the back of struggling form and injury and he should never have been picked by that muppet Fittler.

Either way Tom should not have made himself available for Origin on the back of struggling form and injury and he should never have been picked by that muppet Fittler.
Whilst the injury that occurred wasn’t directly related to his previous injury the fact was Tom was only just returning , and slowly at that , I think he had 1 single game where he showed glimpses of his powers before he was chosen.

Look I get that in the players minds SOO is the pinnacle , but yes, Tom “ owes” the team a lot these days and should really have repaid that by politely declining the call up.

But that’ll never happen.

He’s just as likely to come back next year , be a bit average as he’s protecting himself, get called up for Origin and get injured in the first tackle with a season ending injury.

That’s his ( and our ) luck.

I’m a ways from calling it like this but I really fear he’ll be our next Johnny Gibbs , an absolute superstar whose entire career is defined by always being injured and having to retire early.

One more season ending injury early in the year , and I’ll be saying exactly that.

I feel sorry for the kid , I really do , but that’s how I’m beginning to see it.

Whilst the injury that occurred wasn’t directly related to his previous injury the fact was Tom was only just returning , and slowly at that , I think he had 1 single game where he showed glimpses of his powers before he was chosen.

Look I get that in the players minds SOO is the pinnacle , but yes, Tom “ owes” the team a lot these days and should really have repaid that by politely declining the call up.

But that’ll never happen.

He’s just as likely to come back next year , be a bit average as he’s protecting himself, get called up for Origin and get injured in the first tackle with a season ending injury.

That’s his ( and our ) luck.

I’m a ways from calling it like this but I really fear he’ll be our next Johnny Gibbs , an absolute superstar whose entire career is defined by always being injured and having to retire early.

One more season ending injury early in the year , and I’ll be saying exactly that.

I feel sorry for the kid , I really do , but that’s how I’m beginning to see it.
Yeah, Tom really needs to go on an extended injury free run. If he can do that, we will make the finals more often than not.

100 percent agree Mick.

Fittler arguably lost the series by picking him as well. He didnt make much impact in game one and got injured late in the game and hynes replaced him and we lost the game because of that replacement.

Then in game two he was out of the game after 173 seconds with Damien cook the only cover and we lost again.

It wouldn’t surprise me if quietly Freddy is thinking he is too much of a risk to pick again.

Some on here may disagree but as a devoted Manly supporter I’m a little disappointed with Tommy’s comments about wanting to play Origin next year and not wanting to “throw it away.”
It’s been extremely frustrating knowing how strong we could be as a club if he was to stay fit and concentrate on club footy.
The mind set of not acknowledging his injury history and wanting to jeopardise his fitness to play Origin is baffling to me.

If this is the path he wishes to take he will find it difficult to ever win a premiership with our grate club. We are in a terrible position with Tommy as he misses 6 games of the year due to SOO as he can’t back up due to over load on his hamstrings.

He is my absolute favourite player by a long shot but It ruins our year every time he breaks down. As it stands it looks like Tommy is looking after Tommy and the club and supporters are day light second. It time to concentrate on a premiership, that is the real thing he is “throwing away.”

Some on here may disagree but as a devoted Manly supporter I’m a little disappointed with Tommy’s comments about wanting to play Origin next year and not wanting to “throw it away.”
It’s been extremely frustrating knowing how strong we could be as a club if he was to stay fit and concentrate on club footy.
The mind set of not acknowledging his injury history and wanting to jeopardise his fitness to play Origin is baffling to me.

If this is the path he wishes to take he will find it difficult to ever win a premiership with our grate club. We are in a terrible position with Tommy as he misses 6 games of the year due to SOO as he can’t back up due to over load on his hamstrings.

He is my absolute favourite player by a long shot but It ruins our year every time he breaks down. As it stands it looks like Tommy is looking after Tommy and the club and supporters are day light second. It time to concentrate on a premiership, that is the real thing he is “throwing away.”
I can understand Tommy's desire to want to play SOO, a lot of unfinished business on his part, he'll be thinking about the way he went out at the 5min mark. Toms a competitor and he'll be wanting NSW to get the trophy back. But I agree, every non Manly game he plays is a real worry.

Turbo has already excelled at SOO level and whilst I can understand his desire to play it again in 2024 he is young enough to have a year off and focus on trying to win a premiership as that window is starting to shut.

Manly had 7 wins from 11 games when Tom played this year. 4 wins from 13 when he didn't and 2 of those wins were against Tigers and Dogs which BWSE could've beaten them. If he'd played all season we would've finished at least 5th. He cannot be allowed to pick Origin over club.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10