• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
giphy.gif

And so on

I meant, mr own reality....that I couldn't find a gif of that one line..

'shall we play a game'

OBV I can find the 4 million other ones :p

:)

Top Tip!

Note; This is not an endorsement, but simply a money saver tip. I have an old 60 inch LG TV that had given up the ghost last year. When you turned it on, either by remote or manually, it would come on for a second or two, then shut off automatically.

It's a tv we don't use much so I didn't really worry about it, apart from googling the question and finding no real solutions online. I called some local repairers, they wanted $110 just to look at it!

As winter kicked in this year, I was contemplating taking the old tv to the dump and just out of morbid curiosity, plugged it in and it worked. Then, after it heated up it cut out again. A mate of mine, Bruce Kerr (owner of Kerr Solutions here in rocky - (small plug there, Bruce lol) told me once that computers with dust do the same thing, so I wondered.....

Sure enough, after unscrewing about 400 screws from the back of this gigantic thing, the small thermos fan on the right hand side was almost completely clogged with dust build up over the 9 years we've had it. There is a large bar type fan at the top too that was slightly clogged. So the tv worked in the cooler months, but only until it warmed up.

After giving it all a light brush and vacuum, hey presto...the BIG screen lives again. So the moral of the story is, don't trust tv techs and have a lash yourself. You'll save a quid!!

Top Tip!

Note; This is not an endorsement, but simply a money saver tip. I have an old 60 inch LG TV that had given up the ghost last year. When you turned it on, either by remote or manually, it would come on for a second or two, then shut off automatically.

It's a tv we don't use much so I didn't really worry about it, apart from googling the question and finding no real solutions online. I called some local repairers, they wanted $110 just to look at it!

As winter kicked in this year, I was contemplating taking the old tv to the dump and just out of morbid curiosity, plugged it in and it worked. Then, after it heated up it cut out again. A mate of mine, Bruce Kerr (owner of Kerr Solutions here in rocky - (small plug there, Bruce lol) told me once that computers with dust do the same thing, so I wondered.....

Sure enough, after unscrewing about 400 screws from the back of this gigantic thing, the small thermos fan on the right hand side was almost completely clogged with dust build up over the 9 years we've had it. There is a large bar type fan at the top too that was slightly clogged. So the tv worked in the cooler months, but only until it warmed up.

After giving it all a light brush and vacuum, hey presto...the BIG screen lives again. So the moral of the story is, don't trust tv techs and have a lash yourself. You'll save a quid!!

That is a good tip!

do you think a can of compressed air would work as well? It may save unscrewing 400 screws, or is the fan in a position where it wouldn't work?

That is a good tip!

do you think a can of compressed air would work as well? It may save unscrewing 400 screws, or is the fan in a position where it wouldn't work?

Yeah, I thought of that, but there isn't really many air vents to blow it out, so I thought it would just settle again. The way I did it, to my small understanding, gets it back to almost new....in cleanliness anyway.

Honestly any Samsung TV will serve you well. I've had all sorts, but after getting a Samsung Smart TV a few years back I've never even considered getting anything else.

if any body lives near canly vale and needs new TVs that have only been used 1 time i mite now a place to find them
cheers

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7