Two obvious things to come out of today's match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Despite what twenty says I don't think the effort was there. Out enthused in attack and defense, we didn't get quick play the balls or run hard enough. We had 1 forward over 100 meters. They had 4 over 130. Yes we held them out but I really don't feel they tested us that much on our line.

We have to beat souths next week, and we have to be more enthusiastic about it.

haha! that's the funniest use of a stat i've seen in a while
you know we had 40% possession, right?
hard to run far in attack when you don't have the ball

Can some explain to me why Jamie Buhrer plays for Spewcastle and Lois Brown is still at Manly?

Because Ferris is a stand up guy and refused to blackmail with goat photos.

Did dce even play?

It wasn't his best game, but he made 30 tackles and had 2 runs (the 2 times he looked dangerous and like the DCE of old) and I thought he handled the appalling refereeing well for someone in his first true game as captain. He had every right to blow up after that penalty where poor Semi got tackled after being called to play on but thought better of it knowing the way Atkins was going it would have likely seen him in the bin for 10 if he did.

seriously need to replace Nate Myles & Lewis Brown with maybe Marty to prop until Darcy comes back & Jarrad Kennedy or Billy Bainbridge to bench; & Api back to bench with Hastings starting hooker, I don't know if Cullen's defense is up to it - Api's D is really good but his dummy half passing is not good enough.

could have AFB & Marty as starting props Lawrence, Perrett, Kennedy (or Bainbridge), & Api on the bench

If this is the new refereeing standard we need to have three in a tackle all aiming at stripping err I mean dislodging the ball

Despite what twenty says I don't think the effort was there. Out enthused in attack and defense, we didn't get quick play the balls or run hard enough. We had 1 forward over 100 meters. They had 4 over 130. Yes we held them out but I really don't feel they tested us that much on our line.

We have to beat souths next week, and we have to be more enthusiastic about it.

They made about 700 more metres in total. That's what having 150% of the possession we had will do for you.

Can some explain to me why Jamie Buhrer plays for Spewcastle and Lois Brown is still at Manly?

I'll give it a go Bob,
The club needed to shift the balance of our salary cap to overhaul the roster. Jamie most likely costs more than Lewis but most importantly, there were other clubs interested in buying him and picking up all or most of his 2017 wage bill. This is because Jamie is the better player.
Sometimes you've got to make a tough decision in order to take the whole show forward. Only time will tell if it was worth it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11