Uate close to Manly deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
God I wish Robbo was still playing safe as houses that bloke and could finish.

We got lucky having a player of Robbo's quality on the wing (and that he could play fullback if needed). The problem is that everyone since has been measured against him and no one has really stacked up other than Jorge, and even he cops a bagging.

I'm not counting Tom as a winger there because we always knew that he'd end up at fullback so his time as a winger was only ever going to be temporary, though even he coped his share from time to time this year.

Basically Robbo was one of those once in a generation wingers who wasn't flashy, was never the fastest, but he did his job and did it very well and we loved the guy for it. Its not often a player of his quality comes around, especially not one who is a winger.

We got lucky having a player of Robbo's quality on the wing (and that he could play fullback if needed). The problem is that everyone since has been measured against him and no one has really stacked up other than Jorge, and even he cops a bagging.

I'm not counting Tom as a winger there because we always knew that he'd end up at fullback so his time as a winger was only ever going to be temporary, though even he coped his share from time to time this year.

Basically Robbo was one of those once in a generation wingers who wasn't flashy, was never the fastest, but he did his job and did it very well and we loved the guy for it. Its not often a player of his quality comes around, especially not one who is a winger.
Just like Stewie Davis

UATE CLOSE TO MOVE

Newcastle are on the verge of striking a release for winger Akuila Uate to join Manly.

The finer details of the release are still being ironed out with the Sea Eagles offering up the services of Brenton Lawrence as a sweetener to get Uate to Brookvale next season.

Lawrence has signed on with the Sea Eagles for another season after activating an option in his favour for 2017 but the Knights are unlikely to engage in a player swap.

Instead, the clubs are working on a payment plan which will see Trent Barrett’s team chip in a handsome chunk of Uate’s almost $500,000-a-season salary.
Why?

I think he is a risk worth taking.....provided we have paid the right price.

Change of environment can do people wonders.

The BIG drawback is our complete lack of height on the flanks. The hard yards these two will provide from out of our end will be enormous though.

He brings speed at least, which we are badly lacking. Geez - for everyone worried that we don't have a tall, solid winger for the high balls... Cheyse Blair anyone? I'd take Uate, personally. At least until he drops his first high ball, anyway.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4