Uate to Manly.........????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm no fan of Uate don't get me wrong, has zero football sense. But the only reason he isn't in first grade is he on a half a million dollar contract next year & the Knights are trying to force him out.

If we got him for minimal $$$$ he wouldn't be the worst option. Still a great dummy half runner and decent finisher. And it's not like we expect our wingers to be able to catch bombs or be in position anyway.
YEah I was gonna mention the same thing...he signed for 600k a season under previous management and the Knights want him to leave (similar to the Jennings situation at Penrith) and that is why he is languishing in NSW Cup in the hope that he will ask for a release and thus free up Cap space so Nathan Brown to start to build a balanced squad.

Granted he has not been the same player for a few seasons, he is still a First Grade level winger and still has some speed unlike Mead who has lost most of his due to injury.

So let me get this straight. The wooden spooners and easy beats of the competition want to ditch a player and we're all over it?

They are in big salary cap trouble and they are paying big dollars for a winger. Makes scenes for them to get him off their books

I know what you are all saying, but I still remember how good he was a few years back. He was fearless. If he is signed on an incentive contract, is still fast, is still prepared to run through doors (without breaking his hand like someone else we know), and is cleared by our medical staff (not that they have much credibility) I'd be prepared to gamble on him.
Ideally I'd prefer another style of Fijian winger. One who is tall, fast, can leap and can catch, because today's game is so heavily reliant on the kick-and-hope strategy.
At least by looking at Uate it shows that our recruitment team recognises a need to strengthen our backline.

So let me get this straight. The wooden spooners and easy beats of the competition want to ditch a player and we're all over it?

To me it doesn't matter where the player comes from, its whether or not the guy can add something to our system. All Knights players aren't bad and all Melbourne Storn players aren't necessarily good.

Eg It wont be long before Cheyse Blair is called a "rejuvenated premiership winner" and signed on a fat contract by somebody.

Would prefer a Rapana type signing but that isn't going to happen.
Would take him 100%
Provided Knights chip in to get him on the cheap.
Seen him THIS year, bust 5 tackles & run 70 metres for a try...it showed though NSW cup, still a more dangerous solo attacking option than most we have & with limited options out there...why not?
The worst he can do at a bargain price is score 70 metre tries in Manly NSW cup, who are lucky to score any tries OR...regain confidence & attitude at a better club & be a great value buy.

I know there in minimal on the market in the way of outside backs, but as mentioned in other threads if he struggles to get a spot with Newcastle when he isn't injured, we don't want him.
During the Storm game the other night, the commentators mentioned two promising outside backs signed to the Storm next year. Our recruitment seems very ordinary.

To me it doesn't matter where the player comes from, its whether or not the guy can add something to our system. All Knights players aren't bad and all Melbourne Storn players aren't necessarily good.

Eg It wont be long before Cheyse Blair is called a "rejuvenated premiership winner" and signed on a fat contract by somebody.
Back to Parra for Chayse then?

They are in big salary cap trouble and they are paying big dollars for a winger. Makes scenes for them to get him off their books

The nrl should force the donkeys to take over uate's contract, as wayno's punishment for royally screwing over the knights. If wayno thought uate was worth half a million then he should be paying him out of the donkey's cap

James is right, how do we sign anybody else of quality with 1.2 Million in cap sitting on the sidelines, at best playing 30% of the year, at worst getting a season ending injury early on, or at worst worst, playing Reggies!!

If that is the case I suggest we use who we have, do the best we can and make 2018 a raid on the best available at the time.

So the Knights will be paying his freight? Sign him up now.
I love Jorge, even with his short comings. Manly gave Jorge a chance, he took it & became a first grader. His catching has improved, defensive positioning is a mute point. Our whole defensive line doesn't function, but people blame the winger.

Haha I broke this story months ago Manly signing Uate.Everyone laughed at me.

You did indeed - but no one laughed from what I could see

Bob Fulton has to go.His latest player his trying to sign is Akulia Uate.Fair dinkum his career is over.I think bozo is getting the early signs of Dementia.

If there is one thing I like more than someone beating their own drum, it's someone beating their own drum with proof to back it up. You just made my credible poster list.

Maybe because they read this article which has him signed till the end of 2017.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/jorge-taufua-resigns-with-manly-20140315-hvj2z.html
I don't think the third year happened as a bunch of articles this year have him off contract.

MANLY JOIN RACE FOR MEAD

Injury has deterred NRL clubs from going after Gold Coast flyer David Mead, with Manly the latest club joining the race for his signature.

The Sea Eagles are set for a major roster shake-up with the club on the lookout for a versatile outside back.

Last week it was reported that Brett Stewart could leave the club a year sooner than expected, with exciting fullback Tom Trbojevic itching for his chance to shine.

Market Watch can reveal there are also some concerns over the future of Steve Matai.

The 31-year-old is out for the rest of the year with a neck injury and under contract for next season, but whether his body can deal with the rigours of first grade is up in the air.

With Matai’s future clouded and Stewart reportedly eyeing a move to the Super League, the Sea Eagles feel Mead would prove a handy substitute with speed to burn.

f8098391ad59982e6829b300df1e7658

David Mead of the Titans scores a try.Source: Getty Images
Three weeks ago Super League outfit Castleford made a play for Mead, but the 27-year-old isn’t prepared to move to England at this stage of his career.

While he’s played on the wing this season, it’s understood Mead holds a desire to wear the No. 1, which could prompt him to leave the Titans.

An outside back who can play fullback, wing and centre, the Sea Eagles have identified Mead as a serious player of interest, with backs Jorge Taufua, Brayden Wiliame and Fabian Goodall off-contract, while Jamie Lyon will retire at the end of the season.

Mead was one of the Titans’ most consistent players before a knee injury sidelined him.

Eyeing a return in round 19, Mead is a one-club player and the Titans’ career leading try-scorer, crossing 63 times in 139 games.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/40d45c2cbbff23617d6ac38c0fb8652e

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/8/uncertainty-for-off-contract-nrl-stars/

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/932a9e5460a7b87a092f6e5132306edc

And so on...

I don't have such a bad vibe regarding Uate. I too have seen a bit of him in NSW Cup and he can still carve a side up, very strong and quick as. If Newcastle pay most of his freight he may turn out to be a good pick up and surprise a few on here. I also have a feeling that Bozo is looking at Idris as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6