Up front grunt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What concerns me about 2006 is a distinct lack of up front grunt. It's all very well having Orford but not when the pack goes backwards.

These days you need 4 quality props.

We have:

Kite
Kylie (assume 8 games missed with suspension)
King (50/50 proposition at best).
Bryant (journeyman, a PL prop really)

and who else?

We're placing a hell of a lot of faith in Kite and if he gets injured I suspect we have wooden spoon potential still.

Who is going to plug the up-front gap?

Corso Pete thinks I've been nothing but positive this year????????????????????

Corso Pete thinks I've been nothing but positive this year????????????????????
Only because you actually said one thing nice.

I nearly swallowed my computer when I read that you think King is in for a big year!!! :lie: :lie: :wall: :wall: :lol: :lol:

My Opinion:-

1. Brent Kite is one of the best props going around on his day.
2. Kylie Leuleuai can be extremely damaging when he isn't suspended. He has worked on his technique, and is fringe NZ side. He is an awesome prop.
3. Jason King like we have all said in my opinion is going to have a cracker year. He is training the house down, and is being touted as a leader type.
4. If you watch ANY game Mark Bryant played, he put his all in, and personally, I would rate his as a much better prop than many, many others in the NRL. He aint Luke Bailey, but he's improving every week.

I also think that we have SOOO much depth in this area, the guys playing 1sts will HAVE to play well...or they are under deep pressure.

To be honest, I bet 2 out of the 4 already feel that pressure.

Apparently Arnold was a stand out in Premier League last year.

Also, I think Styles is one of the best props I have seen going around...

Agreed on Bryant, he will be starting prop by years end.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7