Upgrade Barrett now!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
All fans have every right to question the performance of the coach and players, providing it is done with respect. The team answered the criticism in the best possible way they can, given some of the rubbish performances they dished out lately. Not sure there is one fan on here that wants us to lose so we can bag the coach or players. I am lifted that they performed for Trent, but whether he is the right coach to guide us into the promised land is highly debated. They played strong this week, let’s see if there is any continuity before standing up on a soap box criticising solid fans for having their say. When Manly win, we all win ;)

Mate it’s not fans having their say that’s the issue , it’s just the incessant and constant bagging day after day after day that irks me.

Players making mistakes and dropping balls and then on they come blaming the coach.

No problem bagging the coach for team selection , I’m on that bandwagon as well ( scratching my head at times).

No problem bagging the coach for not using his bench correctly.

No problem bagging the coach for wrong game plans.

But blaming the coach for young Turbo’s disaster last week is by any stretch of the imagination just lunancy.

Blaming the coach for Uate dropping bombs is the same, it’s Aku’s problem NOT the coach.

That’s where I’m coming from, but if you can’t see that then we will just have to agree to disagree!!

Hopefully that win injects the belief and enthusiasm that the squad has been desperately lacking. Most of our losses this year have been on the back of an unacceptably high error rate and aimless attack.

Last night the errors were still there but the attack looked hungry and purposeful. If we can keep that up, we might be able to resurrect our season and challenge for the bottom half of the 8.

Until I see how we go against the Storm though I'll withhold judgement. But credit to Barrett where credit is due, to get a performance like that out of a squad down on troops and morale is quite impressive

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say that it might not be a bad thing that we play the best teams over the next 6 or 7 weeks, and then end the season with more matches at Lotto against lesser teams.
The next couple of months will be mostly origin season, so there might be some well weakened opponents over the next couple of months due to absence or fatigue, and if we can bag say 4 of the next 6 we are right in the mix for finals.
But to be honest, it's pretty much a mute point if we don't steal a win over Melbourne.
We have the squad, but its a matter of if that squad has the confidence. You would think they would no fear and nothing to lose given they have already faced the abyss during the hell of the last 5 weeks.
NYEagle

What da **** you Sack Barrett sympathisers going to talk about this week??

You're kidding aren't you. What now a one game winning streak and we're top four bound. Maybe when we defend our line with purpose and have a greater array of set plays and fifth tackle options I'll be convinced. However the bench rotation and use of second rowers was much better,so credit where credit is due.

Haven't read much of this thread at all, and probably won't bother, but tonight shows the reason why I believe Barrett has a future at NRL level as a coach

He pinpointed a corridor Brisbane were weak, and for the entire first half we exploited that and made huge metres.
Then knowing that they would be talking about that at ht, we change our tactics completely and destroy them through the middle and open up the match winning lead with inside passes back through the ruck

It shows good dissection pre game, and the players executed it perfectly which made it look even better
Was at the game with great view. First half was usual haphazard stuff relying on individual brilliance and plenty of errors. Usual stuff.

Second half was exactly what I said a few days ago. Own the middle with no frills power and inside angled plays and use our attacking weapons once we’ve earned it.

Not sure if people have noticed but we have 3 of the top half dozen props in the game ( I include Jake) and yet we have been messing around with low percentage bad field position second phase plays. It’s not rocket science what we did in the second half tonight. It’s downright obvious so giving a glowing report about recognising it in Round 10 with the finals virtually gone begs the question of wtf have we been doing for three months. Marty AFB and Jake have played every game yet now we recognise their power game and the need to complete.

The positive is it was an obvious plan in the second half to piss off that haphazard rubbish so credit for that and let’s see more of it please !!!

Last edited:
Was at the game with great view. First half was usual haphazard stuff relying on individual brilliance and plenty of errors. Usual stuff.

Second half was exactly what I said a few days ago. Own the middle with no frills power and inside angled plays and use our attacking weapons once we’ve earned it.

Not sure if people have noticed but we have 3 of the top half dozen props in the game ( I include Jake) and yet we have been messing around with low percentage bad field position second phase plays. It’s not rocket science what we did in the second half tonight. It’s downright obvious so giving a glowing report about recognising it in Round 10 with the finals virtually gone begs the question of wtf have we been doing for three months. Marty AFB and Jake have played every game yet now we recognise their power.

The positive is it was an obvious plan in the second half to piss off that haphazard rubbish so credit for that and let’s see more of it please !!!

Haphazard ?

Was a clear plan to attack the corridor about 3 defenders in from their edge, we did it the entire first half and many times had Tom with the ball in his hands with an overlap outside him but we didn't execute those opportunities well enough

We can agree to disagree on the haphazard bit kiwi for a half of football. The fact we have three brilliant and powerful props and they have been playing like half backs is the question. It is so obvious how we play our best footy. It is power and control with some nice against the grain passing.Then DCE and co can work. Yet we have seen it maybe once this year before this. Usually it’s this no respect for ball second phase hope and pray stuff.Crazy.

But that’s looking backwards.if Barrett learns from this and sees the light then I’ll be behind him every step of the way because we are only 3 players short of being a powerhouse if he uses our blokes in the right way.

And Hodkinson will help. Great controlled metres from two stars Marty and AFB followed up by some judicious kicking means the spoon will be a distant memory. Tuck it under your wing and smash them.

As mentioned in another thread we were sitting under Trent's booth on Saturday night and he was blowing up. Trent was showing real passion and he had his window open. It was great. Some of the Bronc's fans who had their kids with them (somewhere?....I couldn't see them) and were sitting pretty far away were feigning shock and horror.
Some of the crowd tried giving it to him early but when we hit the lead he stared at them, grinned and said something...it was beautiful.
I like him. It seems to me he needs more support around him.

Last edited:
As mentioned in another thread we were sitting under Trent's booth on Saturday night and he was blowing up. Trent was showing real passion and he had his window open. It was great. Some of the Bronc's fans who had there kids with them (somewhere?....I couldn't see them) and were sitting pretty far away were feigning shock and horror.
Some of the crowd tried giving it to him early but when we hit the lead he stared at them, grinned and said something...it was beautiful.
I like him. It seems to me he needs more support around him.

Yeah its called an experienced coach.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12