UTR (shhhh...!)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just realised something. Manly is so far Under The Radar that it's almost as though we aren't even in the comp. Hardly spoken of in discussions about the finals, totally ignored when it comes to tips for winning. Written off by just about every media pundit.

There's a good reason why it can be an advantage to be under the radar. To some coaches it is like gold. Very few opposition outfits are going to run out to play Manly this year pumped up to play the toughest game of the year. At least not in the first half of the season. For some, by the time they realise that Manly is pumped, it will be too late.

Manly really has a big opportunity in 2017. We have added some size, some youth, some talent, some speed. Sure, we will lack combinations at first, but I have seen evidence of tremendous spirit and belief. All those attributes can go a long way, especially if a bit of real momentum kicks in.

Let's not forget this is a whole new season. Clubs will rise, clubs will fall. And one thing is certain, the landscape will look very different by the end of the season from the way it looks right now.

Here are the opening odds from last season. And we all know how that panned out. Before a ball was kicked, the eventual premiers were rated 9th!

2016 NRL Premiership

$5.50 Broncos
$6.50 Roosters
$8.00 Cowboys
$9.00 Warriors
$10 Sea Eagles
$11 Rabbitohs
$12 Storm
$13 Bulldogs
$15 Sharks
$17 Panthers

Go Manly!

Here's another one.
This is from a season preview on beforeyoubet.com.au on 28 Feb 2016, exactly 12 months ago to the day!

I see that Canberra was tipped to run 12th. They finished 2nd in the minor premiership!!

And the Panthers (13th) and Titans (last) also played in the finals...

2016 NRL Ladder Prediction

1st – Brisbane Broncos
2nd – North Queensland Cowboys
3rd – Cronulla Sharks
4th – Melbourne Storm
5th – New Zealand Warriors
6th – St George Illawarra Dragons
7th – Manly Sea Eagles
8th – South Sydney Rabbitohs

9th – Sydney Roosters
10th – Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
11th - Parramatta Eels
12th - Canberra Raiders
13th - Penrith Panthers
14th - Wests Tigers
15th – Newcastle Knights
16th – Gold Coast Titans

I just realised something. Manly is so far Under The Radar that it's almost as though we aren't even in the comp. Hardly spoken of in discussions about the finals, totally ignored when it comes to tips for winning. Written off by just about every media pundit.

There's a good reason why it can be an advantage to be under the radar. To some coaches it is like gold. Very few opposition outfits are going to run out to play Manly this year pumped up to play the toughest game of the year. At least not in the first half of the season. For some, by the time they realise that Manly is pumped, it will be too late.

Manly really has a big opportunity in 2017. We have added some size, some youth, some talent, some speed. Sure, we will lack combinations at first, but I have seen evidence of tremendous spirit and belief. All those attributes can go a long way, especially if a bit of real momentum kicks in.

Let's not forget this is a whole new season. Clubs will rise, clubs will fall. And one thing is certain, the landscape will look very different by the end of the season from the way it looks right now.

Here are the opening odds from last season. And we all know how that panned out. Before a ball was kicked, the eventual premiers were rated 9th!

2016 NRL Premiership

$5.50 Broncos
$6.50 Roosters
$8.00 Cowboys
$9.00 Warriors
$10 Sea Eagles
$11 Rabbitohs
$12 Storm
$13 Bulldogs
$15 Sharks
$17 Panthers

Go Manly!
Well said SER8. Hopefully Manly can do what Dessie perfected and fly under the radar for season and surprise a lot of people. But if thy start winning many games then they won't be under the radar for very long!

I just checked sportingbet. Manly are @ 2.75 to make the top 8. Id be tempted to throw a gorilla on that
Must have some muscles there

giphy.gif

Manly was equal second fav a week out from the start of the comp last year and I had predicted 9 wins from their first 10 games!

A new season, a clean slate and anything can happen. That's what's so great about this week.

Manly was equal second fav a week out from the start of the comp last year and I had predicted 9 wins from their first 10 games!

A new season, a clean slate and anything can happen. That's what's so great about this week.
This week is all about optimism in all of its beauty and delusion. For some it will continue longer than for others, but always always there is next season to look forward to.

This week is all about optimism in all of its beauty and delusion. For some it will continue longer than for others, but always always there is next season to look forward to.
Oddly, I expect to find this year quite enjoyable, though I don't expect us to win the comp. The seasons I hate are when we are favourites but don't win!

2016 NRL Premiership

$5.50 Broncos
$6.50 Roosters
$8.00 Cowboys
$9.00 Warriors
$10 Sea Eagles
$11 Rabbitohs
$12 Storm
$13 Bulldogs
$15 Sharks
$17 Panthers

Go Manly!
Shouldn't be posting like this, suggesting having a punt, the NRL will ban you for life...... hope you didn't put a saver on another club to win?

We are completely off the radar , apart from the Turbo's on " Sterlo on the Couch" Manly hasn't rated a mention once in any of the Foxtel shows this week.

It's like we don't exist!

I was only thinking this the other day.

Couple that with no bad media recently. No major injuries. A good showing at the nines. A good showing in the trials. And a young hungry and talented team.

I actuly think we will have a rough start to the season with so many new players. Same as last year. But if we can come together as a unit early enough we could be top 8 material for sure. Our window is 2-3 years away.

Shouldn't be posting like this, suggesting having a punt, the NRL will ban you for life...... hope you didn't put a saver on another club to win?
Haha I didn't mean to suggest having a punt, just using those records to show what occurred was not widely predicted. There will be at least one surprise packet this year - and we are shaping quite nicely to be it!

Haha I didn't mean to suggest having a punt, just using those records to show what occurred was not widely predicted. There will be at least one surprise packet this year - and we are shaping quite nicely to be it!

All good, I was being funny or trying to? Totally agree we should be there despite all the doomsday theorists

There are many "experts" tipping Roosters to win the comp. I find this funny as the same "experts" tip us to run bottom four.

Didn't the Roosters finish with us last year? Their main recruit is Keary to five eighth - we have recruited Green for the same position.

I know who I would rather have in my team.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8